Elam Decommits...again.

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Jan 6, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Elam Decommits...again.

This time leaving FSU for..NOBODY KNOWS. Can someone please tell me what is going on here with this guy? Now UGA is in the running for his services. I'm confused, the gates are confused. None of my sources have any idea of where he lands. We can call it Elam of our Lives. :D

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

hes going to texas a&m lol jk

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

At this point I'd even believe Elam to Appalachian State rumors. :D

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Penn State is the truth tho

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

All biases aside, this kid really needs to get stuff figured out. He changes his mind more frequently than most people change their underwear.

It's crazy to me how he says he is FULLY committed to a school and reaffirms it only to decommit days later. (He should probably come to UF him and Urban have something in common haha)

What's worse, is he wants to early enroll so he's going to make his choice final choice on Saturday and start class Monday. If I was a friend or family, I'd really advise him to stay in school for the spring semester and enroll in the summer. The media frenzy around this kid is no doubt causing his head to spin and pulling him every which way. The movie Johnny Be Good comes to mind haha.

He needs to get away from the media and all the all star players in his ear this week and just figure this one out on his own and quit letting what everyone else tells him sway him so easily. Go where you want to go, not where everyone else thinks you should go.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

As someone who's been through that process (although on a slightly different scale) I can assure you it's not as easy as it seems. I agree, it's annoying as f*ck from an outside perspective but these kids have SO many people in their ears.

You have to remember they are not only deciding based on the obvious factors of playing time, academics, location. But in most of these bigtime cases they have to consider the 'benies' that each school will have in store for them and their families.

From a fan's perspective, it's frustrating but this is the most important decision they will make in their lives.

7. GoGators

“I’m decomitting,” Elam said in a text to UGASports, an affiliate of Rivals.com, on Wednesday after being asked if he was still headed to Tallahassee.

“Florida is first for me right now, followed by Georgia and Florida State is third.”

Elam is expected to make his final decision Saturday, during the Army game.

8. Blaza

"Matt, this is Urban. Look. I don't think you understand dude. I got these too Redheads that're sophomores. We call 'em Straw and Vacuum. They'll suck the baby Elam's right outta your cack! Don't miss out on this man! Call me back when you get this message!" *click*

-Coach Meyer

9. GoGators

Damnit!!! How did you find out our secret meaning of "FAITH" in Gainesville?

10. Blaza

Hahah, Faith is definitely a stripper who lives off campus.

"Have Faith Matt..............No seriously, have her"

-Urban

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    back to florida ;)

12. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

for now...

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    He's enrolling tomorrow per several reliable sources.

14. GoGators

Yeah, get that kid a book from the book store so he can't back out again...ASAP!!!

I hope he has one of the Monday 745 am classes that I had while I was there to give him less time to think about it.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

All this drama for a retread kicker who I didn't even think had any eligibility left.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Iknow ! He gets one lucky kick and all of the sudden he is the best ever...

;)

17. GoGators

Great news Gator fans.

Matt Elam was spotted on campus today!!!

It's official, he's a Florida Gator.

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

This is about a Kicker?

19. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Elam made it wow, now the question is what position does he play. Talking to people that have stood beside him they say he is no taller than 5'9 1/2 and about 210 so I dont see linebacker in his future so it would have to be S or RB.

Florida recruitied Gillesie last year and have the #1 RB in Florida for the 2011 class commited in Mike Bellamy so i'm assuming he will be put at safety and play the Major Wright enforcer role at FS.

so the depth chart at safety next year should be

FS Will Hill
    SS Ahmad Black

than you have the 4 amazing freshman safeties battling for snaps in
    Matt Elam
    Jon Dowling
    Demar Dorsey
    Jordan Haden