1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Elite Demo impressions

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by NDCOLTS1979, Sep 21, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Elite Demo impressions

Will be downloading this after i get kids and go buy an external hard drive and will let everyone know the 411 on this

2. NDCOLTS1979

Personally i really love the feel and control you have throughout this game. Shooting is hard and Garnett cant throw up half court shots and make them. Its not a dunk fest for sure. You have to work to get around defenders but i did an alley oop successfully but still dont know how i did that. If your guy holds on to the ball to long he will get strpped as well. Shot blocking is difficult cause u have to time it right. Shootig is all about timing and seems to be pretty good. Can't just shoot up threes all day and make them. I really love the new system of controlling the ball with the right stick. It really makes the flow of this game alot better. I will be getting this game and don't even want to give 2k a try at all

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That impressed huh?

What I saw/felt while playing Elite:

-The Good:

Controls. They are a very creative idea.

-The Bad:

• Graphics are garbage, really looks dated.
    • No speed burst... everyone is the same speed, kind of stupid if Gasol can keep up with Rondo on the break
    • I literally did a hook shot from the top of the key and made it. I understand the freedom need but really dude?
    • Players don't "play" like themselves in Elite, they all seem generic besides a couple of releases
    • Future telling defense... I think this may be the company's calling card. RTP still doesn't address this
    • Speaking of RTP, it doesn't have the effect I thought it would. The momentum in the other game looks and feels alot better.

Honestly, this is a huge dropoff from Live '10... Mike Wang is the difference... he came from 2k for one year and it was making leadway... returns to 2k and Elite is struggling again.... I understand what direction they want to go but you can't release a game that doesn't seem "complete" yet. Basically, IMO, Elite has way more negatives then positives.

4. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i like the be a pro its gonna be like teamplay in fifa, as far as the gamplay i like the player controls even tho it take time to get used to, but i hate the presentation or the camera view whatever it is , it looks like a ps2 basketball game, its not fair to judge games by a demo, but thats what a demo is to judge the game, ill still be gettin both elite and 2k even though both demo's disappointed me

5. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah it was hard to get used to the controls but once i did i loved the feel of them. Graphics are weekbut i dont play a game for graphics

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

you guys got to watch this....hysterical!

[youtube]FLPGDyE5pEE[/youtube]

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Grew up on the Live series and I will have to admit...the 2K series has simply outclassed EA Sports since its debut. Honestly, it's not even a contest. If you want a realistic game, 2K delivers.

There's a reason why 2K is rated higher every year among gaming outlets despite EA having bigger pocketbooks and better brand recognition...they just put out a better product. And yes, I try out both versions every year. This year isn't going to be any different.

8. NDCOLTS1979

aprreciate it but this thread is far from a place to compare both games. Which is why it says Elite and not Elite vs 2k

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

ah my bad ND :)