End of Season/Coaching Carousel, Season 1 - The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Oct 5, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to the End of Season and the Coaching Carousel!

Schedule:
    -Wednesday Night, 9:30EST the Carousel Officially Runs its course!
    -Thursday Night, 9:30EST = Entire OffSeason

Notes:
    The Carousel, in essence, begins now. However, to be sure, there will be no pushing anything through and no expediting on this from my end. If you feel like getting on (to speed things up), feel free to take your turn on the carousel if it is in fact your turn... otherwise, we will all be on (and things will in fact get pushed through if you are not there) tomorrow night at 9:30EST.

****BUT!!!!!... if you take a turn, even denying a small job, for the sake of the league, please simply post what decision you made and what turn you took, including who is on the clock next (and along with any other interesting things you see developing or changes you noticed) IN THIS THREAD!!!! This is the official Carousel Thread!!! Make it interesting for everyone!***

Looks like Plague might get renewed! TBone is only other player whose contract was up (although I'm sure he'll resign). For the newbies, the carousel is pretty brutal. If you're contract is up, resign. Best way to move up seems to be in a non-contract year. Either way... good luck. Be wise and patient is my advice.

Very Interesting: Weave is currently on the clock and has an offer to be the O-Coordinator at Clemson it looks like. What will he do? Hard to turn that down! (Note: Just remember, coordinating means you sit there for half the game and usually watch your defense suck!)

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

SOURCES: CLEMSON CLOSE TO HIRING FAU HEAD COACH TO RUN OFFENSE

Ryan Weaver is currently somewhere in Clemson negotiating a deal to become the Offensive Coordinator for the Tigers.
    What we know: A plane belonging to the University flew to Boca Raton this morning and immediately returned to Clemson. We are quite sure that Ryan Weaver was aboard that plane. Clemson badly needs someone to revive the Tiger offense, which was rated 11th out of 12 overall teams in the ACC. This lead in part to Clemson's awful 4-8 season. With the many weapons on the Tiger's offense, it is imperative that they get a coach who can properly use them. Clemson likes Weaver's spread scheme and sees him as a perfect fit.

We are hearing that the only possible sticking point is the length of the deal. Weaver wants a 3 year deal, Clemson has offered a 2 year contract.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

WEAVER TO CLEMSON
    FAU head coach Ryan Weaver has taken the Clemson OC job. Weaver agreed to a 3 year deal to run the Tiger offense. Weaver will bring his spread attack that tallied over 4700 yards of offense last year.

"This was a tough decision to leave the great fans and players of FAU. Did I get that out with a straight face? I actually accepted the job before Clemson offered. To go from what I had in Boca Raton to what I now have is pretty awesome. I actually get to coach kids whose names I actually know. There are so many weapons at my disposal now. I got Tajh Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Dwayne Allen, Andre Ellington, Mike Bellamy, DeAndre Hopkins..." Are you kidding? How big of a knob was the last OC to get nothing out of those guys? I couldn't pass this one up."

Scott Henry is on the clock. Looks like EMU wants to keep you.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I'm at work all day today so if EMU wants to keep me(there was nobody else they wanted?) Then Heath you can push me through and accept the EMU job.

The four 3* players I recruited must have talked to the AD and convinced him to resign me. I am also 3rd on the list of a 4* Athlete who has a soft commit to Auburn but we are gonna push very hard in the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pro

Pro Walk On

so i got you right hokie, we can take a higher star school only as a coordinator? And that we are doing the entire offseason 9:30 tomorrow?

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

not true. It depends on who got fired and what the schools with open jobs like in coaches? Ex. Weave just took the oc at Clemson so now that leaves FAU with an opening at hc. So now FAU has a short list of coaches they may want to hire. It could or could not be yourself. This goes with all schools.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Love it Weave, good move and congrats on having the most prestigous job any of us have ever earned.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

You can apply to any open position that you want to. Just be careful because you might get it. (probly not) ;)

9. Pro

Pro Walk On

Keep talking Goose, unfortunately because of time travel I never got a chance to kick your ass.;)

10. Pro

Pro Walk On

I guess what I have trouble understanding is, if this league is supposed to be 1 or 2 star teams, how can we take coordinator jobs at prestigious schools such as Clemson? I have a sense of how the carousel works, just wondering about how that would work in league games. Say I'm the head coach at Indiana and Goose gets the DC job at OSU. He only plays his side of the ball, that means I play the cpu as my defense?

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Pro,

We start off as small schools....whatever happens from there is the fun part. If you have a User game, you play both sides of the ball in that case.

12. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

It took me a while to decide. I like FAU, but Clemson is sooo young and has so much talent, I couldn't pass that one up. Hate leaving after one year, but after kicking ass with UTEP, I had no good offers like this one.

Bring your Rockets down to Death Valley next year.

13. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

[​IMG]

Don't go Mullen!

• Like Like x 4
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah it is a trap....I love it. Lets do it. Pro, let me give you a scenario on how the CC works. I had two successful years at Bowling Green, including a MAC championship and a bowl win, my contract was up, so I deicided to decline and test the open waters. I got a few "Ok" offers to OC at Kansas, UVa stuff like that...I kept declining thinking that I would eventually get a Head Coach offer....well the only thing I got was the Head Coach at Western Kentucky simply because another user left this job. So, sign your contracts when you can, renew and if you get a chance like Weave just did, then maybe you go.

It seems the only route to get a big school HC job would be to take a coordinator at a big school and go from there...we think. no one has ever got that far....

• Like Like x 2
  15. vatechhokie01

Scott Plague has decided to re-sign with Eastern Michigan, having this to say, "Man, I am really grateful. In a world of win-now mentality without a lot of patience, I'm glad to be part of a university that cares about people and is willing to give a chance. Obviously this thing is going to take a few years to turn around. I now have those few years. Pretty excited today!"

• Like Like x 3
  16. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Who's on the clock?

17. vatechhokie01

lol... Mullen with an offer to be the O-Coordinator at Maryland.

18. vatechhokie01

i say we just all end up in the ACC... btw, I'm moving Pitt, Syracuse, and A&M this off-season. I would LOVE Syracuse in the new ACC.

19. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Hey guys today/night I won't be available, but I want to resign at SJSU anyways if there is a way you can just have that happen for me. Possibly it will just resign me anyways.

20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

BREAKING NEWS: Toledo Head Coach Matt Mullen is headed East!

After a breakout season at Toledo, Coach Mullen has decided that he will leave Ohio, and head to the University of Maryland as their new Offensive Coordinator. "Toledo is in great shape, they are going to be tough for the next few years. To the staff, faculty and fans, you are F*cked without me" added Coach Mullen. "To all the recruits I made promises too, sorry, shit happens. At the end of the day, this is a good opportunity that may not be there in a year when my contract runs up"

The details of this contract are still fuzzy, but we have learned it is only a one year deal so Coach Mullen better put up, or shut up.

FEAR THE TURTLE!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

UPDATE: We have just learned that tonight is Coach Mullen's 8 year anniversary with his wife and that he may of made this decision based soley on the fact that he is guaranteed some action tonight and may be late in joining the carousel.

• Like Like x 3
  23. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Awesome. We are also in the same division. You can thank me for your job by the way, Maryland's OC actually left to take my job at FAU. What does that say about your new job?

• Like Like x 2
  24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

You should have plenty of carousel time after those 45 seconds though.

• Like Like x 2
  25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

He was let go from my understanding...what does that say about your old job?