END OF SEASON INTERVIEWS!!! (CHAMPIONS EDITION)

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Snozberriez8198, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

1.jpg

SIT DOWN WITH DirtSouthDan THE COACH OF THE NFC CHAMPION NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!

GREAT SEASON COACH!!! YOUR TEAM DID WELL THIS YEAR, BUT COULDN'T PULL OFF THE WIN IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON. BEING ONE OF THE HIGHEST SCORING TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, IT WAS A SHOCK TO A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT YOU COULD ONLY SCORE 10 POINTS AGAINST MIAMI. WAS THIS A RESULT OF LACK OF PLAY MAKERS, OR A BAD GAME PLAN?

Bad throws at key moments in the game. Good defense and some nice coverage by the Dolphins. Plenty of nice drives into the redzone, and then Brees made some obviously questionable throws.

BEING YOUR FIRST YEAR AS THE SAINTS HEAD COACH, HOW DID THIS SEASON MEASURE UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS?

It was a great season. Considering I was handcuffed with a serious salary cap issue, and a defense missing key components until mid-season, I think we did a great job.

EVERY COACH IN EVERY SPORT CAN TELL YOU THIER TEAM'S STRENGTHS, BUT CAN YOU TELL US WHAT YOUR TEAMS WEAKNESSES WERE THIS SEASON, AND HOW YOU WILL ADDRESS IT THIS OFF SEASON.

Defense was my biggest weakness. Will look to the draft for help in our secondary and LB corp. And time to make a few moves on the off
    offensive side of the ball. Another weapon opposite Graham would be great.

I KNOW YOUR STILL THINKING ABOUT THE SUPER BOWL YOU WERE JUST IN, BUT THE REST OF THE LEAGUE IS FOCUSING ON THE OFF SEASON AND SIGNING NEW TALENT. WHAT KIND OF MOVES CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE NFC CHAMPION SAINTS?
    Made some nice front office moves to free up space. Even though we've resigned Brees, I'm sure he will contemplate retirement soon. Will look to add some key pieces, as we feel we are only a player away from where we need to be as a team.

GOING BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL....THE MIAMI COACH SAID "HE HAD OUR NUMBER FOR A WHILE". WHAT WERE YOU DOING THAT OTHER TEAMS MIGHT NOW HAVE BEEN DOING? WHAT WEAKNESSES DID YOU SEE IN THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME?

Good mix of run and passing kept to the Miami defense on their toes. With the loss of MLB Dansby in the early minutes of the 1st quarter, the Saints were a bit too comfortable. Attempted to run and bit too much and control the pace of the game. Should have opened it up early and went all out. I think the Dolphins biggest weakness may have been their lack of weapons of offense. Give the GM some time and they will be back in the Bowl next year.

IF YOU HAD TO GUESS WHERE YOUR TEAM WOULD BE THIS TIME NEXT YEAR, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY???

I'll be in the Superbowl, of course. A decent draft and a few key pieces and we look forward to an undefeated season next year. But if Brees retires, at least we will get a top ten pick in 2014. :)

• Like Like x 1