End of Season Sit Down Interviews!!!

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Snozberriez8198, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

1.png

Hey coach, your team had quite the season and made the playoffs this year. Your team was led by your dynamic duo of Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson aka Megatron this season. Stafford ended the season as the passing yards leader and Johnson ended the season ties for the lead in touchdown receptions. What do you think contributed to the production these two superstars put in this year?
    It's just Calvin's talent really. You can lob throws to him and he just goes up and grabs them. He's the best wide out in the game and Stafford has a cannon for an arm. He just needs to cut down those int's

This season your team was 0-3 to your division rivals the Green Bay Packers. Why do you think they were so successful against your team, and what adjustments do you see yourself making this offseason to prevent it from happening again?
    In the first season I went 2-1 against him and won in the playoffs so I'm sure BlackJ felt some redemption for that certainly. The new roster updates came out and downgraded the Lions overall and the Packers made some trades to make their squad tougher. The bottom line in all our games was my secondary couldn't stop Green Bay's passing attack and we were exposed. Some guys did well but losing Suh for half the season doesn't help and we need to strengthen our overall defense as a unit. We did make a playoff run but Minnesota and New York had better teams.

As a first year head coach, how did this season measure up to your expectations?
    Decent enough. Their were some shenanigans along the way but I felt the game sliders Troy put in were strong and played well. We just need coaches to take the higher road next season in certain aspects of the game.

Your team ended the season ranked 6th in total offense and 2nd in defense, which is very impressive. Was this better than you expected coming into Detroit this past off-season?
    Those stats are deceiving in my opinion. We threw the ball all over the place, Leshoure was my main RB most of the season (he sucks) and I hate being one dimensional on either side of the ball. Same on the defensive side, we could stop the run but when it came down to covering anyone it was a joke. We just got good match-ups along the way so therefore those stats became inflated.

Being ranked so high in both categories, where do you go next? I mean, what are your plans this off-season...with the draft...and/or free agency??

We have plenty of work to do, I plan on being very aggressive this off season in order to keep up with an emerging Vikings squad with Corey C coming up and Green bay and all their weapons. You never stand still in the offseason unless you like to lose.

Being ranked so high also creates expectations, what are your expectations for next season?

To get back to the Super Bowl, win the North, and stay healthy...in that order!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Snozberriez8198

2.jpg
    You and your 49ers made the playoffs this year, and suprised a lot of people. What do you attribute this success to?
    The Change and Maturity at the Quarterback Position and the running back by committee

You still have 2 quality quarterbacks on your roster, and only 1 starting spot. What do you plan on doing this off-season in regards to that "problem", as Alex Smith clearly wants to start next season.
    We may let Alex test the waters and see what happens Colin seems like the future of the 49ers and we will give him every opportunity to prove his place

You relied heavily on Veteran TE Vernon Davis the second half of the season and teams will start game planning around that. What changes or moves do you see yourself making this off season to take the load off his shoulders?
    I like the tight end position it keeps everyone honest to open up the outside but with moss going down it hurt me bad so i had to move the ball and get creative with Davis but look out for a big season for Crabtree and Manningham
    We have noticed your transition to Kendall Hunter, a more speedy back lately. Would you say Frank Gore's days in San Francisco are over? If so, do you plan on trading him, or releasing him?
    No Gore is still the man i just had a lot of injuries this year .. we look forward to getting healthy in the offseason

With all the teams in the playoffs this year that have multiple scoring threats, do you plan on adding some playmakers to your roster?

Most definitely we will look for some free agents but we look to shore up the offensive line first and make a splash some where in free agency but look out for the New Look 49ers...............

• Like Like x 3
  3. Snozberriez8198

1.jpg

Hey coach, you had a great season and am sure you are happy with what your team has done being led by a rookie quarterback. How did this season compare to what you had anticipated it would be? Well this year was a huge step forward. Winning 9 more games this year far exceeded my expectations for this young team. ....

Losing in any playoff game can be rough, but do you think losing in this fashion will be hard for your team to handle? How about for rookie Andrew Luck who was responsible for 4 turnovers himself? Every loss is tough especially a playoff game. But we'll handle it well im sure. We were in this one most of the game I think nerves and trying to force things hurt us a bit. Andrew will be fine if it wasn't for him we'd never be where we are. He'll learn and grow thats what the great ones do.....

With Reggie Wayne getting up there in age, do you plan on adding or replacing offensive personnel this off season? How about at the running back position? We have alot of cap space. Reggie will be in Indy til the end. But he is getting up there in age , and we do need a couple high profile targets for Luck well scout few prospects but hopefully some talent comes available during free agency. And as of right now Donald Brown is solid he had over thousand yards and 13 tds , no ones safe tho if someone comes available we'll take a look.....

With making it to the Divisional Round this year, and with what you have in mind for the off season, what are your predictions for your team next season? The sky is the limit. We have a few holes to fill but a successful off-season and were in the hunt. Superbowl?.....

If you had to pick 1 position on your team to upgrade this off season...what would it be and why? I'd have to say o line but we need recievers also we have to put as much talent around Luck as Possible

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      109.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Snozberriez8198

1.jpg
    Your team went 8-8 this season with a arguably a top 5 defense, but an offense that ranked 26th in overall yardage. What do you think is the problem with the usually high scoring New York offense everyone has come to know?

Part of the problem is my playing style. I like to control the time of possession by running the ball and playing conservatively. Any time you are conservative, your not going to be putting up a ton of points. That's not an excuse for the way Eli played this year. He threw way to many stupid INTs. Eli needs to do a better job of not making dumb throws to WRs who are being well covered.

It is obvious your a defensive minded coach, but some changes need to come to the other side of the ball. Will it be a change in philosophy, or a change in personal this off season?

Personnel wise, we have the talent at WR, HB, and QB. We have a solid OL. Don't expect any major changes, just additions . We need to find a true slot guy. Ruben Randell had too many drops, and Mike Sims-Walker doesn't look like the solution either. We could also use a more consistent TE. Martellus Bennett struggled with drops all season long.

Your first match up with the divisional champs the Dallas Cowboys, you were able to shut them out. In the second meeting they were able to score 38 points in there win. What weaknesses in there game do you plan on exploiting next season to get the Giants back on top?

The Cowboys are tough. They have a ton of weapons. I remember that second game like it was yesterday. I think they had 3 receivers go over 120 yards, including Witten and Dez. We were able to beat them in week one because we were able to get the pass rush going. Romo obviously made the adjustment in the second game of getting rid of the ball early. Next season, we have to get back to getting pressure on Romo.

Not making the playoffs this season was a major disappointment I am sure coming in the New York this season and taking over a dominant team. Now that you have a year under your belt, What are your goals for next season?

We NEED to make the playoffs. We have the personnel, we just need to execute.

What moves in the draft and free agency can be expected from New York?
    First thing that we need to do is find Linebackers who can defend the pass. This team is built to blitz, with the front 7 having great pass rushing, and block sheding abilities. I am personally not a couch who likes to blitz, so this caused major problems asking Mathias Kiwanuka and Chase Blackburn to drop back in coverage. It just didn't work. We will be actively seeking ways to improve our stable of LBs to the way I want to play. We are open to drafting LBs but would prefer a proven player.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snozberriez8198

1.jpg
    When you took this Vikings team over most of the way through the season, What were in your expectations coming in? My expectations coming in were that we were going to make the playoffs. Plain and simple. That didn't happen for us unfortunately and we need to fix that. Lack of coaching and execution on the field led to our downfall. We always expect to win no matter who we're playing and we need to bring that hunger back next season.

Some say Quarterback Christian Ponder is not starting quarterback material. What do you say to that, and will the Vikings have a new QB under center next season? Well as of right now Christian is our starting quarterback. It was a tough year at times and as a coach it's my responsibility to help guide the team through those times. He got us some big wins this year so he definitely has the capability of being a pro-bowl like quarterback. He's young so time will tell what this kid can do. Haters gonna hate.

What kind of coach are you? Are you a defensive minded coach, or a master play caller?
    Defensive minded for sure. We were in the middle of the pack this year as far as defense goes and that needs to improve if we really want to compete against the great teams in the league. Keeping elite players in check and pressuring the quarterback is key. Get in their head early and let the other team make the mistakes. After that it' all clock management. Being in control of the game is a great feeling and very important when closing out close games.

What do the Vikings plan on doing this off season with acquiring talent? Will you be looking to sign more offensive weapons, or will you be adding play-makers on defense?
    Well it's hard to answer right now. Obviously we're still evaluating our team needs for next season and looking forward to free agency and the draft. Having a solid off-season is critical in staying competitive in the NFL. All we can do is prepare and hope that our acquisitions pan out.

Your team as it is right now....are you a contender, or would you consider yourself in a "rebuilding stage"?
    I would say we are contenders definitely. We have a ton of play-makers on this team that want to win. I know I saw flashes of greatness in all three phases of the game for us this past year. The question is, can we improve enough make the playoffs? I say we will and am looking forward to great season. Thanks.

6. Snozberriez8198

2.jpg

In having 2 of the top players in there positions in the League (A. Johnson & A. Foster). how disappointed are you about the loss the the underdog Dolphins?
    Well the Dolphons made it to the playoffs so obviously their a tough team. We would of been dissapointed if we had lost to anyone.

What about the Dolphins gave your high scoring offense so much trouble?
    Our guys just weren't getting open and had a few missed oppurtunities

The Dolphins held Schaub to 207 yards 0TD and 1 INT, which noone has been able to do all season. Was this a lack of offense, or a great defense?
    A little of both WR Johnny Knox went down early in the game which limited a lot of stuff we like to do.

Some analysts say that without Andre Johnson your team would not make the playoffs. What do you say to those critics??
    AJ is a big part of our offseason without AJ it would of been tough but when their is a will their is a way.

After making a quick departure from the playoffs, what will your team do this off season to do better this season? Trades? FA signings?
    We're looking to upgrade our secondary and reciever core.

Your team evolved the second half of the season from a running team, to a heavy pass offense. Without the star needed in the backfield, and with lack of performance...will you entertain offers for Arian Foster?
    Arian Foster finished the season with 1600 rushing yards so we're not thinking about him not being apart of our team next year.