End of Season Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I always enjoy reading these when I have you guys do them- and think it adds to things pretty well. Lets try to have them done before CCG/Bowl Week, eh?

1. First, did your season go how you thought it would?

2. Who were some surprise stars on offense and defense?

3. If you could go back and replay one game, which would it be?

4. Do you have any recruits coming in that you think will play right away?

5. Who will be the big name seniors to replace?

6. Your pick and score for the CCG (could be a "prize" to the winner here!)?

7. Are these short questionnaires I draw up a pain in the ass, or do you enjoy doing them/reading them?

Feel free to add some comments about how the conference played out, how you like the league so far and where we are heading, anything you wold like to see changed around here or something I could do better-- you know, stuff like that.

You guys did a great job this season, and I feel like for the most part we kept a good solid pace- I think we will finish strong heading into '13.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Pretty much how I thought, though I thought I would finish over .500. I knew it would be tough with lack of speed on defense, but hopefully I will make up for it next season with some recruits.

Offense: RB - Sykes: he was 2nd string, but he had speed that the starter didn't have.
    Defense: MLB - Freeman: played the best out of anyone on defense. Got 3 picks, 2 FFs and a helluva lot of tackles.

I'd go back and play Fuzzyl0gic. The game was tight until a mistake late in the game cost me the game.

Hell, they all will probably be in my 2 deep. LOL

I'm going to be losing Sykes so he is probably my biggest loss. Losing him for 5 weeks in week 7 really put a dent in my offensive firepower.

Toledo wins 38-17. Their offense is deadly.

7. Are these short questionnaires I draw up a pain in the ass, or do you enjoy doing them/reading them?
    They are fun.. keep them up.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, this went about how I figured. I knew Kapono and Phil would be very hard games. Overall, I am damn proud of how my team finished and happy with it. I personally enjoy being the middle of the road team like this, and springing the upset on Kapono was one of my funnest moments of NCAA '12.

Offensively, Martel Moore did a nice job of emerging as the big play guy when teams stacked the box on us. He is only a junior, so it should be nice having him back. On defense, junior LE Alan Baxter quietly had 6 sacks to tie for the lead on the team, and also had an impressive 15 TFL. The Illinois native also forced a fumble.

Well, the sim loss to Central Michigan when they were user controlled would be a nice redo since it would have forced a glorious 3 way tie in the West haha. That or replaying Phil and not getting dominated would be nice.

There is a solid 3 star, 6'4 receiver I am working on- but I don't really need to force anyone onto the field so most will likely redshirt and try to improve while they can.

Obviously, my QB Chandler Harnish for one- he has done a great job with the read option and throws the ball well most of the time. The majority of his interceptions are my fault. Defensively, LOLB Pat Schiller will need to be replaced. My other two linebackers are technically better, but he does a great job of being an "X factor".

I think fuzzy finds a way to keep it close, but Toledo wins a high scoring affair: 45-31

Oh, yeah I like em. haha

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• It went a lot better than previously thought. My OL scared me but they have done a wonderful job and with some of the guys that I was able to land I think we should be fine next season.
    • RB Erik Finklea; The guy is a beast and punishes defenders in his way. CB DJ Brown; I keep asking what can this guy not do??? He tackles well, does special teams and is a pick off machine. So far he has tied the school's record for interceptions in a season and is on pace to break the career record.
    • The game against fuzzyl0gic, I started that game horribly and it wound up costing me.
    • Either MLB Kyle Concepcion or John Lawson will. Depending on how they come in at least one will start for the Redhawks
    • TE Kendrick Bruton. He has been able to block and catch the ball well. Jason Witten comes to mind, not very fast but finds a way to get open all the time.
    • Temple vs Toledo. Toledo wins 34-28
    • [​IMG] haha nah I enjoy them

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm going to say Temple wins the CCG. If there's a prize involved and I'm the only one who take Temple, I win :). I'll do my postseason recap tomorrow sometime

• Like Like x 1
  7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I honestly didn't know what to expect at first, and after a 3-4 start, I thought I'd be lucky to make a bowl game. I'm shocked as anyone else that Temple is the first champ out of the MAC.

TE Evan Rodriguez had a heck of a year, he made a ton of big plays on offense this year. He was deadly on PA plays, a big target for Chester Stewart. RE Adrian Robinson shocked the coaching staff, and the nation, with 36 tackles 16.5 sacks 1 INT and 3 FFs. He is going to be a rich man in the NFL.

Week 7 against Buffalo. 7 INTs thrown by Chester Stewart, Coach -Cougars- just had our number in that one. By far the worst loss on the year.

They all be redshirted most likely.

TE Evan Rodriguez, QB Chester Stewart, MLB Stephen Johnson, LG Derek Dennis

Too late, but I would have never picked me. Haha.

Like them.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Chip chop chip- get this done folks.

9. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Um no lol I won 1 conference game, i went 3-8, and i lost to CPU like 3 or 4 times
    Brian Wanger lol on defnese and offense would have to be Patrick Nicely, i didn't think i would be able to run the option offense but once Pohl went down and Nicely had to come in, I realized he was the best fit for the offense.
    My game against Saw
    No
    Patrick Nicely
    Dam i missed this the game has been played already
    I guess there fun, something to keep us busy

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

1. First, did your season go how you thought it would? Better than anticipated. Can't be mad with a 10-2 record and getting into a bowl game against the #4 team in the nation.

2. Who were some surprise stars on offense and defense? Alex Carver was expected to be a star, and disappointed me a little bit with some terrible throws. Chileb Ravenell was a big surprise for me at WR. He had 80 receptions for 1389 yards and 12 touchdowns on the season. Very big surprise, but we needed a big time receiver to come through for us. On defense, MLB Mitch Zajac. He was a great player for us, and made a lot of big time plays. We'll miss him next season.

3. If you could go back and replay one game, which would it be? Toledo. Would have chosen a different play for the 2 point conversion and the win.

4. Do you have any recruits coming in that you think will play right away? WR James Pleasant. Not a big time recruit by any means, but with our top 3 WR's graduating, he'll be expected to play early most likely.

5. Who will be the big name seniors to replace? Chileb Ravenell and Jordan White. Both very good receivers in our offense.

6. Your pick and score for the CCG (could be a "prize" to the winner here!)? Already played.

7. Are these short questionnaires I draw up a pain in the ass, or do you enjoy doing them/reading them? They're a good read.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea it went just about right, being one of the worst teams in the MAC, but going 7-5 isn't bad.
    My SS, Baugh(don't know his first name)on defense was a boss, he had a ton of big plays in a couple games which saved me. Offense? Nobody sticks out.
    None, I think the outcome was nice and fair due to talent gaps.
    None. The recruits we gathered are terrible.
    Nobody as of yet. We are a young team.
    Already played.
    50/50 :)

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

The season went pretty much as expected. We didn't expect to beat Boise St. or Arkansas, but we didn't expect to lost to Northern Illinois either. We are upset how the season ended, but happy that we are putting Toledo on the map and have some youth for next year.

Terrell Anderson was our #2 MLB but when the rosters decided to keep the best player on my team, MLB Dan Molls of the depth chart, we decided to just keep Anderson in the middle and slide Molls to the outside. I guess it worked out as he turned into a 1st team all-American LB. Terrance Owens was another guy at #2 on the depth chart to start the season but was given the starting job day 1. That also worked pretty well, as he ended up #3 in the Heisman voting.

The Temple game in the CCG. Our players played awfully and got beaten bad. Owens threw 5 INT's and didn't do much. We know we'll be ready for Temple the next time we play.

Pass. I don't look at recruiting much.

Terrell Anderson is leaving a big hole at MLB. But don't worry, Dan Molls, currently a junior, is coming back at MLB and is a good amount better than Anderson. HB Adonis Thomas did a lot on offense, whether catching or running, but the HB position isn't used THAT much on our team so we should be fine. Hopefully our best player, WR Eric Page returns for his senior season.

I won. Only one to pick Temple, where is my prize?

Yeah, there good. Although a postseason questionnaire may be best after the season instead of during week 13:)

Feel free to add some comments about how the conference played out, how you like the league so far and where we are heading, anything you wold like to see changed around here or something I could do better-- you know, stuff like that.

You bitches are going down next year. 14-0 National Champs in 2013.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Score my friend?

Aaaand, not all of us make the CCG ;) some of us just spring upsets on previously unbeatens!

14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I don't care. I won

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Simply put, no... haha

HB John Pettigrew: 5-foot-9 runningback that started as the change of pace back but soon proved that he deserved plenty of touches.

LB DJ Lynch: Wasn't the best LB and moved him around a couple times but lead the team in tackles and had 2 INTs.

Tie between my games with Toledo and Kent State. Had both games slip through my hands in the final seconds. Would have been funny for my only conference win to come on a huge upset over Kapono's team though.

I don't see any individual program changing recruit, but just about every recruit coming in so far should fit the system better than the current players and likely start.

WR Kamar Jordan who led the team with 36 receptions.

Temple ;)

Enjoy