Entering the 3rd season.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 4, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Some questions for the Deuce members......

#1 How are you liking the game so far?

#2 Do you feel the recruiting is better or worse than the 2012 now that you have some hands on experience with the new recruiting?

#3 After two seasons in your conference, is it what you expected it to be?

#4 Who has been your best recruit so far?

#5 Who has been your biggest bust so far?

#6 Is there anyway you can think to improve the Deuce?

#7 Would you be interested in a weekly pick'em involving Deuce Games?

#8 I was also thinking maybe someone would be interested in doing a ongoing blog about the Deuce...? Maybe not weekly, but quarterly during the season.... just something that is like an update....

Emmdotfrisk
    Shaun Mason
    OMlawdog
    bringbackjimmy
    Jmustang1968
    BobJr
    Drifterbub
    Timpegoose
    jkhaalis991
    Flo308
    Bondzai

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It has its merits and drawbacks. Zone coverage and coverage in general can be whacky at times. There are also not enough injuries. It is also really tough to get pressure except when blitzing, and then many of times the cpu QB doesnt respond well to a blitz at all.

User games are fun, but the game can be very streaky and pile on misfortune to the unlucky user.

#2 Do you feel the recruiting is better or worse than the 2012 now that you have some hands on experience with the new recruiting?

Overall it is better, but I think our 3 and 4 star teams are getting too good of recruiting classes. The bug where the cpu doesnt offer players at times hurts the challenge some. I love the scouting and how there are gems and busts.

I have done a bit better than I expected to. But Frisk having to take a leave of absence was unexpected and has thrown the competitive balance out of whack in the Big XII

My :4stars:Ath Robbins. He would be an amazing WR, but need at FS has him starting there as a Sophmore 78 overall. Last season he was my KR/PR and nabbed returner of the year honors.

I had a :4stars:DE who was the only 4 star to have me #1 in our first season. He came in at a 66 ovr and then transferred the following year due to playing time when I was thin at the position.

Pick up the pace. We started off hot, lots of discussion and fast advances. These past few weeks we have had 3 day advances.

Sure

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

#1 How are you liking the game so far? Overall the game is enjoyable. Like Mustang said, the coverage breakdowns are frustrating at times, but honestly it annoys me more when it happens to the cpu then it does to me. The cpu doesn't really take advantage of it too often.

#2 Do you feel the recruiting is better or worse than the 2012 now that you have some hands on experience with the new recruiting? I'm really enjoying the scouting, but its way too easy even on heisman. I think the lowest a user has finished so far is maybe 40. Most of the time at least 10 of us are in the top 25.

#3 After two seasons in your conference, is it what you expected it to be? Not at all. Drifter isn't having as much success as I thought he would, and I am having way more success than I imagined. Flo, Bond, and Khaalis are all playing well in the other division as well. The SEC should be top heavy with users in about 1-2 more seasons I think.

#4 Who has been your best recruit so far? Jimmy Clark by far. 89 speed and accel with with 80 throw power and 84 accuracy as a true freshman. He redshirted a year and should be a stud as a redshirt freshman.

#5 Who has been your biggest bust so far? T Marcus Dykes. Was a 4* recruit that projected to come in around a 74, after scouting he dropped to a 65 but we'd already thrown enough time at him that he committed even after we stopped recruiting him.

#6 Is there anyway you can think to improve the Deuce? Get back to our pace. Feels like we've been going a little bit slower lately.

#7 Would you be interested in a weekly pick'em involving Deuce Games? Yeah definitely. Always interesting to hear predictions, especially for user/user matchups.

#8 I was also thinking maybe someone would be interested in doing a ongoing blog about the Deuce...? Maybe not weekly, but quarterly during the season.... just something that is like an update.... I should have some more free time here in a couple of weeks. I'll see if I can't come up with something. Anybody can feel free to throw some ideas out there of what they would like included.

4. JrRawlins

#1 How are you liking the game so far? -- I love the game so far.... i dont like zone issues.... but the momentum is killer either way it goes, which is somewhat realistic. Regardless i am definitely feeling the game.

#2 Do you feel the recruiting is better or worse than the 2012 now that you have some hands on experience with the new recruiting? I like the new recruiting, the scouting makes each recruit a potential gem, but the busts seem to be way more prevalent. Either way, the scouting system has definitely changed recruiting for the better for me...

#3 After two seasons in your conference, is it what you expected it to be? Without Emmdotfrisk it is alittle different but still my division is a war zone, you can never tell who is gonna win...

#4 Who has been your best recruit so far? :3stars: Free safety Brad Wright... by far the best recruit I have gotten so far... he has played way above the "gem status he came in as.

#5 Who has been your biggest bust so far? :4stars:QB Dante Overstreet, thought he was gonna be great.. but he is terrible.

#6 Is there anyway you can think to improve the Deuce? I have to agree with the guys above, the pace is important. I also think we have to improve our content some.... I personally fell asleep on the freshman report, but part of that was because of Vegas... i am hoping to hop back on that this season......

#7 Would you be interested in a weekly pick'em involving Deuce Games? Considering its my idea.... yeah i am...

#8 I was also thinking maybe someone would be interested in doing a ongoing blog about the Deuce...? Maybe not weekly, but quarterly during the season.... just something that is like an update....

Still not sure how this would work any thoughts?

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Kasper used to have a pretty nice College Gameday template we used early on in 11... I think I lost the file but maybe he still has it? I could maybe throw one of those up every couple of in game weeks.

6. JrRawlins

Sounds good..... you wanna shoot him a message? or you want me too?

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

You can if you want, I figure he'll respond to the tag too hopefully. I'm about to head out the door for a soccer game and then heading out to the bar for "Name That Tune" so I'll be out most of the night. If its not still floating around somewhere I'll try and come up with something. I have tomorrow off work so I should have some free time.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm back now. The storm has blown over and drifter should be inviting me back in soon.

• Like Like x 8
  9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

As much as i liked '12 which is not a whole lot. There isn't much of a difference when comparing the 2 versions. well at least from what i hated about the game minus the LB/DE not being able to pick off passes they have no right to even think about. The Draw is still way over powered, No huddle is still a joke, and some times still see the psychic DB.

#2 Do you feel the recruiting is better or worse than the 2012 now that you have some hands on experience with the new recruiting? Recruiting is alot more fun, but i wish they gave more time to scout. esp. with it takes about 2-3 hrs to unlock everything. they really should break it down to 3 hrs for O/D Spt-ath.

Well i expected a good competition and so far its been that way. I am having a lot of fun in the big 12 and can't wait for frisk to comeback.

Seth Moore ATH has been my best recruit. stepped in right away this year as my #1 WR. Scott reed has been the best performing recruit though.

Ath Dustin Townsend came in as a 74 S and a 69 CB. I put him at S which he has been playing the 3rd Safety and 4th CB. he does see the field, but if you look at the stat line you would think he is RS.

like everybody else we need to get back to the 24-48 hr pace.

always liked the vegas lines..

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

• I hate to admit this, but I don't like the game. I think it has some major issues. Like many of you guys said the defensive secondary play is awful. The recruiting is way too easy (which I'll explain more next). Along with the coverages, I do not like the offensive line interaction. I hate how easy it is for the Defensive tackle to just bust through, and if you ever look at the replays, you will notice that sometimes the Center or Guard will not even acknowledge the DT. I could go on and on about things, but I just think the gameplay this release is mehhhh. If it was not for you guys, this league and my love of college football, I would not be playing this game at all.

• The recruiting is way too easy. As a 4 star school I should not be sniffing the likes of 5 star athletes, yet I am able to bring them in or at least get top 3. This goes for all of our 3 and 4 star schools. There are too many middle of the road schools recruiting top notch talent. I do like the scouting, and I really like how they have made athletes able to play multiple positions.

• My conference is tough as hell. I have to play Mustang and his high flying offense every season, and it is hard to stop. In the North I have to play Lawdog every year and just recently played JR, both are tough competitors that make me feel like I am way behind the curve on the game.

• I would say HB Rashad Givens. I can play QB, HB or S if I needed him too. Right now he is my starting running back as a true Freshman. He has struggled a little bit but the future is bright. I also love my big 6'8" beast TE Keon Scales. Came in as a 3 star but plays a lot better than his ratings.

• The safeties that I have recruited have not played well at all. I am pretty disappointed in a couple of them. I would say FS Tyson Stanley has been slower than I expected he was.

• Essentially the pace to any league is key. I think the pace has dropped off this release for whatever reason. It would be nice to get that back up. I also think the content has dropped off, I have slacked and I can't seem to find something unique to do. I was starting the Heisman Hopefuls but I did not like how I was doing it.

• Always.

• We actually do this in HK. I might steal one of my guys concepts on what he does and translate it to NCAA.

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Glad to have you back man!

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Honestly, I'm kind of meh about NCAA. Some of it is that I've been so busy, some of it that I've gotten to the point where I hate playing the stupid CPU. On top of that the fucking servers are giving me fits. I can't stay connected to the EA server to save my life.

I like scouting, but the fact that Heisman turned out to be so easy after working so hard to make it difficult has ruined it for me.

Yea, the CPU is still putting D in my A, I can't beat Drifter.

Austin Bray, he is a stud.

I haven't really had one yet.

Not sure

If I have time to do it, sure.

Sounds interesting