Era of the Point Guard

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Oct 22, 2012.

?

Is This Accurately Depicted in 2K13?

1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kinda Sorta

18.2%
  1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Scouts and NBA Analysts the last 5 years or so have said we are in the golden era of point guard play in the NBA. With talents like Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Steve Nash, and more its hard to argue. How does 2K implement that? Do the users with a dominant point guard have a big time advantage in game? I'd love hear your opinions.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd say yes it's an advantage, but the bigger advantage as always is skill at the game. For me, I don't know what I'd do on offense without Rose.

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Aren't you forgetting someone?.... FFY

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Ghost, Lawson is a good player but not on the level of the guys JFace907 mentioned. Take off the rose colored homer goggles my young friend.

5. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I love how he wants to add Lawson but not Westbrook, who is much closer to those guys

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Its a huge advantage having a top PG. Lillard has added a huge asset to my team and is a big reason for my success.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Top PG and Lillard in the same post. Someone sound the BBKKK alarm!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't have an elite PG with Jameer Nelson. But there is a big difference in my game when Jameer is in and when Ish Smith comes in.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I love my point guard. To bad he's 105 years old!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yea even I noticed that in our game.

As far as PG's.... Kyrie, Deron, Kidd/Felton, Devin Harris, Curry, CP3, they've all lit me up pretty good in my games. Some of it is I'm absolutely terrible at playing on-ball defense.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

CP3 is dynamic he could easily take over the game scoring with such a smooth easy shot, I almost feel like he won't miss. Then other times he can just create, whether it is off the dribble or just with a flick of a pass to set someone up for the score. Defensively I think he can lock down any opposing guard, but I lack a little bit with on the ball defense.

When Bledsoe comes in, he isn't as efficient of a scorer as CP but he is a little bit quicker and has speed to get to the rim. He can set people up, mostly he is used for his defense and assists.

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Rivers does his thing offensively..... blake is much more of a floor general than Rivers is... Rivers is a scorer who breaks down the defense and can create shots for others...... Blake is a passer.... he can shot the spot up jumper....

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Forgetting Jrue as well. And yes, the team runs so much differently with him off the court as opposed to him on the court. He easily leads my team in minutes per game. He plays excellent on ball defense, great ball handling and passing abilities and has the size to be able to drive the lane. He is very underrated in terms of his scoring ability, and against the Bucks, we were getting shut down, and he became the guy. Scoring off the pick, or spotting up for the jump shot.

To answer the question... I don't know a lot about NBA history, but right now there are a lot of good ones.

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

The more I get used to Dragic the more I like him. Though Marshall is incredible on the drive and is making Telfair into yesterday's news

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I really like the point guard interaction this year. CPU PG play has definitely undergone an overhaul. There are still times where they don't protect the ball as well as they should, but they are MUCH smarter and play to their skill-sets. Defensive PGs will be in your face. Guys that can get into the lane will do so (and unlike previous years, they will make good decisions in the paint).

Personally, I think it's great that it is difficult to stay in front of a great lead guard. It should be--they are the one man on every team who's expected to be able to get to his spots. Defensively, it is up to use to scheme the offense to where we want them to go. Sometimes ya win that battle and sometimes ya get burned.

• Like Like x 1