Errrbody in the club gettin' tipsy...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by RynoAid, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Hey guys, Ryno here... Wanted to give you an update on the leadership structure here in the TMFL. If you don't know who I am, you can read more here http://www.maddenonlinefranchise.com/sample-page/

All that being said, I am looking to bolster the TMFL from a community based standpoint. The truely successful Madden leagues have coaches that know each other, like each other.. treat each other with competitive respect in all situations. Your much less likely to be a prick to someone who you enjoy playing and having a friendly rivalry against.

It takes all kinds of players to make up Madden league... you will have elite strategists, elite stick guys, great GM's, great content guys and then you will have the guys that no matter how much and how bad they get beat, they love the competition and appreciate the opportunity to get better at the game.

Nobody is going pro, your not going to win money, fame or glory here... all you have is your reputation and the other coaches in the league. If you start to eat away at those, the whole league suffers, your experience will suffer.

I am here to make sure that doesn't happen. That as the flagship Madden franchise here at TSO, we exhibit all the is good and holy in the world of Madden Online Franchise. At EA SPORTS they call me the Sim Sheriff. (if i was ever going to be a sheriff, this is what im going after)

[​IMG]

That should give you some idea of my reputation. I am very fair, objective and my interests lie in what's best for the TMFL and for TSO. I have no agenda, i know I'm never winning a title (12 years in online madden leagues and nothing more than an NFC Championship game or two) so you can trust my motivation is of a clear mind and balanced approach.

That being said, i will not stand for insubordination in a public forum. If you have an issue with something i do or say, PM me... This is not a democracy, it is a theocracy... the religion of cool as sim mfer's who want make this the best Madden league on the web.

We got the tools, we got the guys... and now we got a chance to make it happen.

Some things we will have to do though....

1 - Recommit to following the rule set put forth even if you disagree with certain aspects. I'm going to roll through it and review where we stand and bring up any changes I'm think about making for feeback.

2 - Put coaches first. If your hear to win it all.. probably should re think the motivation. Only one person wins, so just have a good time with it. Appreciate the other styles and personalities in the league.. interact with the other coaches and respond to the posts and content. You like it when people comment on your shit... do the same. It will help you keep a pulse on the league as well and make the experience that much more in depth.

3 - Cut the trash talking... If you don't know a coach well, or don't have a history there it's best to be respectful and as sportsmanlike as you can. Don't assume they are going to take things as lightly as you and enjoy that type of thing. Friendly banter or talk between known guys who are cool with it, like each other and dig that sort of thing is welcomed and encouraged. It's common sense folks, know your audience.. and if you don't the play it straight.

4 - Activity need to be at a maximum this season. Game summaries are a requirement... i will post how we are going to handle those shortly. Take the extra time to post a few sentences about your game and give the league a sense of your team and the season you are having. I also encourage both users to post in the game summary and acknowledge a good, solid, competitive game was had.

5 - Schedule your games as quickly as possible. You should be posting in the scheduling thread within 12 hours of an advance looking to connect with your opponent. We are almost all user coaches now so this will be key to keeping a well oil machine moving at a pace that will get us as deep as possible into the 12 version of the game.

6 - If you have a gameplay issue or a rules issue that you feel needs to be addressed, bring it to me privately. And know, that most likely, i will add the other offending party to the conversation immediately to begin to mediate. Also know that i don't like whiners. It's one thing to get cheesed, it's another to get beat. I get beat all the time, deal with it.. It's not the end of the world and I think sometimes guys over react in the heat of the moment. That being said, if you continue to be the center of attention and controversy, it will stand out like a sore thumb. PUBLIC ACCUSATIONS AND BICKERING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED - ZERO TOLERANCE

I think those things are the key things we need to focus on right now to make sure this is headed in the right direction. I realize that all of this may not fit into what you want in a Madden league, and if that's true I encourage you to step down now and find somewhere that's a better fit for your style and personality.

There is nothing wrong with walking away from a situation that is not a good fit... but staying and ruining the experience for the people who are looking for the type of league i described above will not be tolerated.

Also, i will be pumping out sigs for you guys who are premier members of the site. The league is not premier yet, but I'm hoping that if we get back on track that will happen soon. If your not premier, I can't help you... sorry.

Good luck guys, let me know if you need anything.. im here for the coaches.

• Like Like x 6
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    *standing ovation*

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For those of you that aren't good at reading between the lines, this is Ryno taking charge from a leadership standpoint in the TMFL. I am still here to play and offer Ryno whatever assistance I can but by and large this is Ryno's show now. His guidance was sorely needed here and I for one welcome the change. He has asked that I still handle some things, particularly with respect to the XFN site, as well as still sit on the Trade Committee. If you guys have problems or issues, I'm still here to help as much as I can but just know that if there are disputes or questions about the league structure itself, that I will simply forward your request to him.

Ryno, we should probably get together and hammer out the specifics so I'm not over stepping my bounds or anything.

Best of luck in the new season everyone.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think we should all give you praise for a smooth offseason though. I didn't see any hiccups.

7. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Good job Keller, you did a great job in the offseason...I agree and I'm on board Ryno. Good work as well

8. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah great job keller and good luck rhyno im sure you can lead TMFL in the right direction man

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Governed if they somehow advance tonight, would you be able to play tonight or tomorrow morning? I maybe able to squeeze this game in if so.

10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

ill be up for another 2 hours man then bed as i have an early start

tomorrow depends what time really if i can do i will

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well I have one quick errand at 10 am pst, but other than that I am free until 1330 when I have to leave, and I'm PST so if you can great, if you can't no big deal.

12. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

cool man im 8 hours ahead so if we are advanced should be able to work something out see what happens

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i would like to see everyone acknowledge that they have read this post.

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Read and acknowledged.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

:rolleyes: I see and hear no evil............I've had it with this new regime............I'm out of here, well for a month (y)

Yeah, I see it and it's good to see Keller finally get some help.

16. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Read and agree with that said I still love u frisk and Bob

• Like Like x 3
  17. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

JSimms (49ers) have read and acknowledged; let's build off of the foundation put in place by Keller, and make this league THE premier Madden league for years to come!

18. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

For some reason it's not alerting me with some of these tags. I didnt get one for this thread.

Show us the way Ryno

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Read and Signed~

20. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Great job Keller for this release and last years game. Read and understood Ryno.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Keller is under selling his role a bit.. he is still the file keeper, the XFN master and will monitor scheduling and game summary requirements as well as assist me in the decision making process when required. I will be the forward facing entity for the coaches though, so yea.... come to me for the other stuff.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What about my comments? Do I need to tone it down? Its all in good fun and because I am a miserable Lions fan, but I can cut the crap if needed.

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Hova I think he was meaning more towards the new guys, most of us have been around each other long enough to know your just doing it in all good fun, but towards the new guys that don't know us yet, lol tone it down a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  24. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Read and understood. With all the owners in this league I think its to much for 1 person to run this league and even with the beef I had with Keller about different issues I think over all he did a good job.

• Like Like x 1
  25. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

yes you do.

• Like Like x 2