ESPN Breaking News (The Rumor Mill)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

[​IMG]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

The fans in Knoxville are not happy with the rumors swirling around their prized coach. Having taken Tennessee to the doorsteps of the SEC championship last year, coach nrg_qbz looks poised to knock it down with an emphatic bang this year. "I am excited for our players and our university. We have a great recruiting class coming in and I look forward to our continued success," coach nrg_qbz said after his last game.

However, it now known that his former university, Mississippi State is making a push at bringing back their old coach. Since his departure, MSU has stumbled back down into the bottom of the rankings in consecutive years. Michigan is also believed to be making a furious run at bringing nrg_qbz to Ann Arbor, as the program has fallen on tough times as of late. Not surprisingly, another SEC team has stepped to the forefrunt for nrg_qbz's services, and that would be the Georgia Bulldogs. With a talented class coming in and an AD willing to splurge, will that be enough to leave the comforts of a rising Tennessee squad? Stay tuned.

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

EAST LANSING (AP) - This time two years ago Michigan State was a sub .500 team and at the bottom of the Big 10. Flash forward two years, #10 Michigan State 9-1 (5-1) is on absolute fire. They are in position to win their first Big 10 Title since 1990, and are on their way to a Rose Bowl birth with a win over Penn State in their season finale. So one would think all the MSU blogs and websites would be on fire about their football team, however they are not. Today it is all about their Coach. Coach Chaotic took over 2 years ago and was able to slowly pull the MSU program out of the grave and into the national scene, but it could all be coming to an end.

In this era of college football it has become all about climbing the NCAA ladder to a top tier program, and Coach Chaotic is no exception. The Spartan faithful have been left scratching their heads as their head man has been contacted by other programs while still in season. I was able to contact the Head Coach but could not getting any solid information other then cliche one liners, "All Im worried about is MSU and our next few games ahead. The season is still going and thats what Im concentrated on. Well talk about off season stuff in the off season."

I was able to get a short list of teams that have shown public interest in Coach Chaotic so far...
    • Tennessee- With rumors swirling around the Vols head man earlier this morning, UT is left scrambling for possible candiates if Coach Nrg leaves them
    • Michigan- Ever since Rich Rod, Michigan has fallen to the depths of college football. 3 Coaches
      later and they are still there
    • Texas A&M- Coach Chaotic had a nice stint at UTEP where he was able to milk that Texas pipeline and get major talent to a talent-less program. A&M could only imagine what he could do with a solid program like theirs
    • Notre Dame- Its to early to tell if the Irish will be looking for a coach at the end of the season. With a few games left if their head man can pull it out and savage a decent recruiting class he may get a contact extension. Only time will tell

4. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

[​IMG]

News out of Death Valley is that Coach Hokie could possibly leave the Tigers after the season. A call was placed to the Athletic Department but nothing has been released. When asked about possibly leaving Clemson, Coach Hokie said that he was the Head Coach of the Clemson Tigers and that any rumors were just hear say.

More to come on this news.....

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

What about the PAC 10?

Does everyone fear Coach Jerry Bumpers so much that they don't want to play on the best coast?

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

ESPN NEWS UPDATE :
    This just in..............To add to the recent rumor mill this reporter has another name to add to the list of coaches that will possibly be swayed away from their university at the end of the season .....Coach Sabo. After taking his team to a Big 12 and BCS Title last year Coach has once again been added to the rumor mill. Although nothing official has been released from the university or from the coach himself there have already been a number of teams that have expressed public interest in Coach Sabo. At the latest time here is the current list of teams that are actively interested in Coach Sabo

Michigan
    Arkansas State
    Oregon
    Notre Dame
    Georgia
    Missouri
    Colorado

Although nothing has been made public from those close to this situation the AD at Tech released this statement.

"We here at Texas Tech are pleased with the job Sabo has done for our university. I have yet to understand why it is that the media makes these rumors surrounding a coach at the close of every season. If you recall last time Sabo was spotlighted he opted to stay at Tech. I feel confident that Sabo and I are close enough that if he were planning on leaving or having any issues he would come to me to talk. With that being said we have had no such conversation. Thanks for your time"

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

Yeah...that's the PAC-10.

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Lol holy shit thats funny

9. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

ESPN is reporting that Coach E could be on his way out of Charlottesville. Through his tenure as an NCAA coach, he has rescued both San Diego State and Virginia from the depths of their conferences and made them into national powerhouses. Virginia has had 3 straight ACC Championships (looking for #4 this year) , 2 Orange Bowl births, and a BCS Championship all in the past 3 years. "Clearly this is all speculation right now," said the Virginia AD "We obviously want Coach E here as much as possible, but at the same time we know he has other goals he wants to achieve. I can assure you that we will do everything in our power to retain him as our head guy."

For the time being, we are hearing that these are the schools who are interested in Coach E.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Virginia Cavaliers - Oregon Ducks - Iowa Hawkeyes - Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Auburn Tigers

11. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I would love to come beat you up, but I only roll with the Bruins :(

12. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Hes tore the ACC apart, ran all over the BCS and left everyone in the dust. Rumor has it... Coach OnIowa is leaving for the NFL. TMFL, OMFL, or PMFL who knows, does any NCAA school have what it takes to keep him from getting bored in the collegiate ranks???

In other coaching news, speculation has begun to swirl around flamboyant, Texas Tech head coach, Sabo, who is best known for pulling a Lebron James-type media frenzy in the past, over leaving Tech, when in reality he never planned to leave. Sabo has been reported to have been in talks with several schools, including Arkansas State, where he last coached. Is the coach in over his head at top tier program like Tech? Is the coach afraid of the challenge at Tech? Who knows, for now its all rumors.

13. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Columbia, SC - Columbias biggest newspaper, The State, has reported major probabilities that coach thatguy will be leaving the Gamecocks after this season. In answering to reports, Coach was asked what is going on and if he will be leaving the Gamecocks, his response was "Wouldn't you like to know, I guess thats something thats up in the air, you're going to have to wait until the end of the season, we still have game preparations to do. With our biggest rivalry game coming up vs clemson your asking me crazy questions like this."

14. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

ESPN has reported that coach JV out of Arkansas has some choice words for one of the hottest coaches in college football, OnIowa. "Cmon, he's dominated the ACC. That's like playing competition in the SEC...if the SEC were playing their second stringers. We all know what the best conference in the land is. Succeed here and maybe we'll give him some credit."

HOLY SMOKES, FIGHTING WORDS if I ever heard it. What does coach OnIowa have to say about JV's bravado?

15. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

When Coach E got wind of the remarks regarding his Virginia team and the ACC all he did was smile and say "Look what we did to LSU."

16. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

[​IMG]

17. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I must have been wasted, because i dont remember that at all.

18. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Don't hate us because we're beautiful.

Hopefully, I'll see one of you in bowl season.

19. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Sabo will back me up on this. We were all perfectly sober when JV said he wants to play OnIowa next year. True story! He also claimed that OnIowa won't score more then 2 td's against his razorbacks. Also...true story.

20. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Now im starting to think Nrg was the one that was wasted!

21. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

USA Today is reporting breaking news out of Stillwater, Oklahoma.

After emerging in the winter of 2013 from the relative obscurity of an assistant junior high coaching gig, Oklahoma State University's Head Football Coach, ChildPlease9, is the topic of the latest coaching carousel rumors. Only in his mid-twenties at the time, ChildPlease9 was given an outrageous opportunity in interviewing for the Cowboys' top spot. Less than two years later, the Cowboys are 20-5 with him at the helm, capturing the Big XII South crown in just his second season. With a Top 15 recruiting class this season, the highest-ranked class in the school's history, things were looking up for the thirsty OK State football program.

However, the coach's brilliance is beginning to be recognized. Some of the most storied programs in the nation are calling, hoping to secure the youngster for the rest of his sure-fire Hall of Fame coaching career, and ChildPlease9 is said to be listening. Michigan threw what little money the once-respected program has left at him, but the Ohio State alum politely declined. LSU expressed interest, but the SEC Commissioner has barred him from coaching at any SEC school, saying that "such a move would throw off the competitive balance of the league and is not in our best interest."

Then things got interesting. After Lane Kiffin impregnated his fifth co-ed, USC is said to be looking. It is unknown as to whether or not that will happen this season, but ChildPlease9 has been known to have been interested in moving to the West Coast after spending time under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. After failing to respond to text messages, ChildPlease9 was quoted in saying that he "would be crazy not to listen to what they had to say."

Big XII South foe Texas is also said to be interested, with Mack Brown considering retirement. Oklahoma State donor T. Boone Pickens has said that he is "prepared to empty his wallet to keep his coach in Stillwater." Pickens continued, expressing that "Stillwater is where he got his start. It's where it should end for him. It's where he belongs. I'm going to keep him home."

Regardless of what happens, look for ChildPlease9 to cash a serious paycheck come next fall.

22. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

ESPN BREAKING NEWS : This just in from Lubbock, Texas .....Coach Sabo has officially announced that he is currently in contract negotiations with Texas Tech to renew his contract and he is also accepting outside offers. It was reported earlier that coach could be leaving the Red Raiders at the end of the year. At this time coach has also announced that he will be making arrangements to meet with the athletic directors of the following universities

Oregon
    Notre Dame
    Michigan
    Georgia
    Florida

The Texas Tech Athletic Director was quoted as saying
    "Myself and Sabo had a long discussion yesterday and I feel the talks went really well. Myself and the University are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep Sabo a Red Raider"

We will continue to update this story as its made available.

23. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

**cough** look what WE did to LSU lol

Contract Negotiations? or...

New Orleans, La. one block from Tulane campus, at the local bar called, "the boot"

tulane coach fordtuff's name has been in a lot of controversy over the past few weeks, is he leaving or not? when the greenwave coach was asked will he be returning to Tulane or will he be waving bye for more green, "at the endo of the day, its all about whats a great fit for my family and myself" said the coach who has taken his zeroes to heroes of the Conf USA on his way to a possible second conf champ game. more to come as the season end draws near

24. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Much Ado About Nothing
    With rumors running rampant about his possible departure, Oklahoma State football coach ChildPlease9 has announced that he will be staying at the University, at least for one more season, in the following statement:

"I am extremely thankful for the opportunity that was given to me by the athletic department at Oklahoma State. I was not a popular choice, nor was I qualified for the position. However, the faith showed in my by the hiring committee has been and will be rewarded. We have accomplished some great things in my two years here, including winning our first conference championship and earning our first BCS bid in Oklahoma State history. We will have a handful of guys returning and have an extremely talented freshman class coming in next season, and I will be here to coach them. I will continue to listen to job offers in the future, but I am committed to Oklahoma State. We have taken a big step this season, and we hope to take an even bigger one next season. Cowboy up!"

25. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Tulane will be in search of another headcoach at seasons end, coach fordtuff will be accepting the headcoach position at LSU, more to come later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.