ESPN Coaching Interviews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Dec 20, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

[​IMG]

"Our own Kirk Herbstreit sat down this week with Coach Cody Erwin of the San Jose State Spartans to talk about their recent success."

[​IMG]

Kirk: "Coach, what do you contribute this undefeated record to?"
    Erwin: "Well, Kirk, I'm a brand new head coach for this group of guys and there's a ton of talent in this group. I do things differently than most coaches and I've had success with it in lower levels and as an offensive coordinator when I was at UGA. This offense was built for the pass. We've got David [Fales], who's got a heck of an arm, and so many guys that can go get it, I felt that this offense would be our best approach at winning games and we've had success with it."

Kirk: "With Noel Grisby putting up these kind of numbers, there's a lot of people questioning why he's not in conversation with the Heisman Trophy. Thoughts?"
    Erwin: "Kirk, I could care less about these postseason awards and so could my guys. The only award that matters to us is that big, crystal football. I do agree, however that Grisby is the best wideout in the country week in and week out. I think sooner, rather than later, voters will see that.

Kirk: "Coach, you guys are getting absolutely no love in the polls. What do you guys have to do to start moving up?"
    Erwin: "No idea, Kirk. We're playing lights out every week. We're putting up big numbers on the scoreboard week in and week out. 7 wins and no losses means that we're one of the top teams in the country. Hopefully voters start to see that or we're going to finish this season undefeated without a BCS bowl.

Kirk: "Thanks for your time coach. I love what I've heard and I'm sure others will too. Keep up the good work.
    Erwin: "Thanks, Kirk.

[​IMG]

IrishBearcat

Papa Perry

fuzzyl0gic

LeGeNd RiPs

matthew34brown

-Balla-

Hova

mboda

Kaizer2310

Da Rat

Masler

UofCWildcat

• Like Like x 3
  2. LeGeNd RiPs

3. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

My wife just left me so I can't lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeGeNd RiPs

.....lol?

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Even though she was a hard commit to you I used the lock pick and scheduled a visit last week. Top recruit of my class. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeGeNd RiPs

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

8. LeGeNd RiPs

I just did them myself.

9. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I thought Herbstreit called you....hell I've been waiting on my phone call

• Like Like x 1