ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL LIVE(Y6)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by fordtuff504, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

WEEK 6 Highlights

WEEK 7 Highlights

WEEK 8 Highlights

WEEK 9 Highlights

WEEK 10 Highlights

WEEK 11 Highlights

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is an awesome addition. Great work

3. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Great work fordtuff

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

week 7 highlights commin' real soon, like an hour or less, yall gonna love this one!!!! just need everyone to participate

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im going to make this a sticky thread for you guys

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Kick ass work bro. Definitely some great work

7. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our first Spotlight Coach of the Week is Texas Tech coach Sabo911. Texas Tech has won back to back games vs Big 12 opponents in Texas A&M and Missouri after a dismal 2-4 start.
    1. Coach you were national champs last year and poised to have another great season. What went wrong for you guys in your first 6 games this year? Well ill start with saying that there is nothing that really went wrong this season. We came into this season with really high expectations and just havent lived up to them. We are still a young and growing team. We have played some of the nations best teams this year. Weve won some and lost some. I still believe in my guys and their abilities.
    2. What kind of changes have you made in the last couple weeks to put your team back on the right track? Well after dropping some tough games we went back to the drawing board and made some improvements. We have began to expand our offensive and defensive playbooks. Last year we relied alot on the run game and this year weve found that we should be more balanced. We still have some improvements that we are working on with every practice.
    3. Coach you have two big rivalry games in weeks 11 and 12 vs Texas and Oklahoma. How do you think your guys will fare vs these kind of powerhouses? Your right both of these games will be tough games. Rivalry games are always tough but they are really tough when the games are against teams with the talent of Texas and Oklahoma. Our plan will be to slow down both of their offenses considering they are high tempo offensive teams we will need to bring our A game in order to compete. We will try to keep our offensive look balanced and keep their defenses on their heels.
    4. Finally coach Sabo what do you have to say to the Red Raider faithful to keep them from pushing the panic button?Well to all of the Red Raider faithful I say dont give up on your team. We have struggled this season but we continue to improve every week. The amount of support that comes from our fans is great. While the rest of the nation may see us as on the downhill slide all of our fans know that we are still in the rebuilding phase of what will surely be a powerhouse college football program.
    5.Coach thanks for your time and good luck the rest of the way. Thanks for taking the time to speak with me and be on the look out for the Red Raiders the rest of the season.

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

You guys are doing a great job. Videos and Interviews are a great addition.

9. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Virginia Cavaliers coach Oniowa has been selected as Spotlight coach of the week. Coach Oniowa has his team in position to compete for another ACC championship.
    1. Coach your only loss this season was to a tough Tennessee team. What did you tell your team to keep them focused and playing hard after such a tough loss?
    I mean, that one was a true heart breaker. Double digit lead going into the 4th and we blew it, the guys were really down after that one. I went into the locker room and told them, yes its going to sting a little bit, but theres no reason we can't fight our way back for a shot at the BCS title. This is a very good team who is looking for its 4th straight ACC title and more.

2. Coach you have a big game this week vs another tough SEC opponent in LSU. What will you have your guys focus on to get them prepared for a big game like this one?
    We need to contain their athetic players. Everyone knows LSU is always going to have some athletes on their team and we need to figure out how to stop them.

3. Coach which conference opponent do you think stands in your way for the ACC championship game?
    Miami. They always give us a tough battle and I think it will be between us two again to see who will play for the ACC championship against a good Clemson team.

4. Finally coach you have successfully taken this program from zeros to heros. How different is this team compared to your championship team?
    We have all the tools we need to be a championship team. We've had some big injuries, but we bring back starting HB Jonathan Ernst this week. Had we had him against Tennessee I think it may have been different story. We are a young team with a lot of athletes which gives us the tools to do some very big things.

5. Thanks for your time coach Oniowa and good luck the rest of the way.
    Anytime.

10. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

week 8 highlights up and running

11. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Another week and another great video!!!

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Man...this is awesome FordTuff. I might need to figure out something else to do besides the bland PAC-10 updates...I wanna do something with a little more BANG!

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Feel free to run some ideas by me in pm. Extras only help improve what we got here.

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

great man, my suggestion would be to do something that requiers everyone's participation, people are easily motivated by thier own work imo. oh and week 9 should be up by late tonite, oh and boy, i cant wait to show yall what i got in store for bowl week!!!! its not that big but i like it lol

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Keep up the great work

16. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The moment you have all been waiting for, Cal Golden Bears Coach Jerry Bumpers our Spotlight Coach of the Week. Coach Bumpers is 6-2 this season and in second place behind Washington in the Pac 10. Coach Bumpers has never been one to shy away from the spotlight.

1. Coach Cal's two losses this season are by a combined 9 points. Tell us about those close games and what you have done to keep spirits up in the locker room.

We had a chance to win both of those games with under a minute to play. I’m not going to fib, I was real tore up about those losses. And I did some things afterwards that I’m not real proud of. My apologies to the fella that cleans the restrooms at Del Taco. That was uncalled for.

But I told our boys, we must persevere. Our goal is not perfection. Our goal is butt kicking. And even when we lose, so long as we leave the victor with a sore heinie, then eventually the karmic cosmic laws of metaphysics will even out and we will prevail. Of that I have no doubt.

2. Coach you have a big conference game coming up in week 12. What does your team need to work on to ensure a Pac 10 championship?

Oh we’re going to win the PAC 10. You can write that down with that fancy ink pen of yours. As long as we stay mean and spit nails into fannies on the gridiron, then Coach Jerry Bumpers will lead us to the promise land. Also, we need to not be stupid. “Meaner than heck” plus “don’t be stupid” equals victory.

3. Coach how is Cal's recruiting going so far this year?

You know I’m straight shooter, and here’s the skinny. Recruiting is not going well. We took it on the chin one too many times last year and that’s scared away some of the better recruits. But believe you me, I got a list in my office with the name of every four star recruit who turned down Jerry Bumpers, and there will be a bounty on every one of those pantywaist prima donnas if they ever have the misfortune to compete against the Golden Bears.

4. Finally Coach if you had to make a bowl prediction right now which bowl game would you go to?

Rose Bowl. Guarantee. I put ten large on it myself in Vegas. And I would suggest you do the same.
    5. Thanks for your time Coach Bumpers and good luck the rest of the way.

You can keep your luck, friend. Because it don’t take luck to be victorious. It takes an unquenchable desire to kick heinies. And we got plenty of that.

17. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

interviews are great!!!!!!!!!!!! @jv9179razorback

week 9 highlights are up and running!!!

18. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our Spotlight Coach of the Week is Tennessee Volunteer's head coach Nrg. Nrg has turned this program around and has them positioned to win the SEC this year.
    1. Coach you are sitting at 7-1 right now with your only loss to LSU. If you could do anything different in that game what would you do? As you know, that was the only game this season where I was not present on the sidelines. Due to a family emergency, I had to leave town and fly across the country the night before. Our team is strong from top to bottom and I have some of the best staff in the country on my side, so I will not use that as an excuse for our teams loss. The players knew that this was a pressure-packed and nationally televised game. In hindsight, I wish I would have told them to relax more rather than drilling into their heads just how important the game was.
    2. Coach you have a senior loaded team this year. What will be your biggest needs for next season? We are losing a lot of seniors that have really blossomed this season. This squad would not be where they are now without the help of these leaders. I cannot comment on Jason Brown's decision, but we would be very thin at the QB position if he decides to leave early for the NFL. Our special teams will be an area that needs a lot of work as well, since many of our athletes and kickers on that side of the ball will need to be replaced. There are rumors flying around about me departing to the Big 10, but I do not want to comment on that.
    3. Coach your next two games are cupcake games. What will you do to keep your team focused going into the SEC championship game? C'mon JV, you're not going to have me go down that route! All of the teams in the SEC are talented, some more than others. We will not be taking Vanderbilt or Kentucky for granted, as they have the opportunity to surprise teams if they are not prepared, as we've seen this season already. The players are not worried about the SEC Championship, because so many things can happen between now and then. Is it on their mind? Of course it is...it's on my mind as well. But that's great, because you always want something to shoot for and they deserve to.
    4. Finally coach do you think your team has a shot at the BCS title game with 1 loss? Absolutely. College Football is a funny thing...you just never know what will transpire. After our loss to LSU we plummeted way down in the polls, but here we are again knocking on the BCS door. We can try to kick it down as much as we want, but we're going to need one of these teams to fall and let us in. But once again, there's just too much football left to worry about the National Championship. We're just trying to win against Vandy, JV. :)
    5. Coach thank you for your time and good luck the rest of the way. Absolutely, thank you for your time, JV. I must say, your smell is absolutely intoxicating. Is that Cool Water?
    HaHa no its chaps. The chicks dig it!

19. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

weeks 10 and 11 are up, great participation for week 11, best one by far, thanks guys!!!!

cant get week 11 to post in the top op so here

week 11

20. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

great work ford!!!

21. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tulane head coach Fordtuff is our Spotlight Coach of the Week. Coach Fordtuff has just beat Tulsa for the lead in the West division of Conferance USA.

1. Coach you lost your first two games of the year to really good teams in Clemson and Cal. What did you tell your team to keep them motivated after such tough losses?

close games, great coaches, is just what i'd expect from this league and thats just what i got in the first wo weeks. both games we were double digit underdogs, we may have lost the games but we did help puts some money in a few guys pockets if you know what i mean lol

2. Coach how big was that week 3 victory over LSU?

well you know we were even lucky to schedual that game at all, the battle for the tiger rag has been dormant for a few seasons, it took a lot of wheelin' n dealin' behind the scenes to make this game happen in the first place so to come out with a victory after all of that was just amazing, our defense and our running game was just superb and we didnt make any foolish mistakes at all which was truly the key to our last minute victory

3. Coach everyone knows that Tulane is just a stepping stone to bigger and better schools. What have you done to prepare this team for the future?

well first i hit the ground running with recruiting and improving atheletic facilities also i decided to change many game philosophies like improving on tulane's pro style offense and implementing the 3-4 fire zone defensive schemeinto the program which gives our opponents something new to gameplan for week in and week out, and hey, im still under contract at this prestegious university and i think tulane is the future big and better school but we'll see...

4. Finally coach if you had to guess right now, what bowl would Tulane be going to this year?

well any bowl game appearance is great for any program, any extra revenue never hurt nobody lol but if i had to guess, i'd say the one thats not played in January lol

5. Coach thank you for your time and good luck the rest of the way.

thanks for having me, its been a pleasure

22. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Both of you guys are doing an excellent job with this. This has been the best addition in a long time. Keep up the great work.

23. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our final Spotlight Coach of the Week for the season will be Oklahoma State coach Childplease. Childplease has just wrapped up a great 10-2 season and will play in the Big 12 championship game.
    1. Coach you lost a couple of heartbrakers in the first half of the season to Arkansas and Texas A&M. What kind of adjustments
    did you make if any after those losses? We really had to forget about the losses and just keep playing football. We had opportunities to win both games and came up just short in each. Arkansas really beat us in the third quarter, but we had multiple chances to tie it up in the fourth. They won the SEC West and are a very talented team, though. The A&M game hurt, but we rebounded well. They are a solid squad, but it's a game we should have won. Losing with nine seconds left is never fun. Both are games we could have easily won, but we just have to learn from them now.
    2. Coach your opponent for the championship game will be Nebraska. How will you keep your team focused going into this game after such a long layoff? I have no question we'll be able to maintain our focus. Nebraska is a very good football team and will be ready to play after what we did to them earlier this year when we beat them 42-14 at their place. We played that game with our backup QB, so we think starter Jason Brown will really throw an added wrinkle at them with his ability to pass the ball. Our defense will be prepared and will be flying to the ball; all they can talk about is the 14 late points Nebraska tacked on our second and third team guys in the fourth. The layoff will also give our guys the chance to get back to 100%, which is going to be really important for us heading into bowl season.
    3. Coach where do you see Oklahoma St playing in this years bowl season? There is no doubt in my mind that we'll be headed to Glendale to represent the Big XII in the Fiesta Bowl. With the #8 Rush Offense and the #4 Rush Defense, I think we'll be tough to beat no matter who we play, too.
    4. Finally coach how is your recruiting going so far this year? We're finally starting to see our efforts come to fruition on the recruiting trail. Right now we're looking at two probable freshman starters in the offensive trenches, four in the defensive front seven, and two or three in the defensive backfield. They've got us ranked as the #16 class in the nation with 7 four star guys and 4 three stars, but we're far from done. We've got a lot left to do in terms of depth signings as well as strengthening relationships with high school coaches in talent-rich areas such as Florida and California. Texas and Oklahoma are really treating us well right now, and expanding to capitalize on the talent of a few other states should serve us well in the future.
    5. Thanks for your time coach and good luck the rest of the way.
    Thank you.

24. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

awesome stuff guys

25. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

havent forgot about highlights fellas, imma post an end-of-season compilation before we get to conference champ games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.