ESPN GAME OF THE WEEK 8 ... #2 Oregon AT #9 USC Trojans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DreSmithJr, Sep 21, 2010.

?

Who Wins The Game Of The Week?

1. #2 Oregon Ducks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. #9 USC Trojans

100.0%
  1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

ESPN GAME OF THE WEEK 8 ... #2 Oregon AT #9 USC Trojans

[​IMG]
    Jeremiah Masoli Leads His Undefeated Oregon Ducks

....VS....

[​IMG]
    Matt Barkley Leads his 5-1 USC Trojans

" The Scene At the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is sure to be PURE FANDOMONIUM as the USC Trojan Faithful gather to witness what they hope will be a HUGE victory for their team. After a HEARTBREAKING Loss in OT to Texas earlier in the season on a 2pt conversion, the Trojans have retooled and refocused using a stronger rushing attack to make things easier for All-Pac-10 QB Matt Barkley.

Coach Smith stated "In the beginning of the year, We Put the WHOLE Game on his (Barkley) shoulders, with very little focus on the run. Now with our running game being more imphasized, the field has opened up for Matt and he has become VERY efficient."

Efficient is an UNDERSTATEMENT as Barkley comes into the game with 16 TDs and only 3INTs the WHOLE SEASON.. nearly a 6-1 TD to INT ratio. If u ask him however, he puts a lot a thanks on the Trojan's newly discovered GYM, TRUE FRESHMEN RB Dillion Baxter. In only 2 games since getting the starting nod from Coach Smith, Baxter has rushed for 260 yards and 4TDs breathing NEW LIFE into the rushing attack.
    The Trojans hope that the balanced attack is able to be successful in a win over OREGON and getting them BACK in the National Championship discussion."

From Los Angeles California.... This is Joe Schad for ESPN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" In Eugene, Oregon The Feeling is Buisness as usual as the #2 Oregon Ducks prepare to visit Los Angeles to battle USC. The Ducks have been winning all season... so they are wondering whats the difference now? Heisman Hopeful QB Jeremiah Masoli when reached for comment said "So we have yet to lose a game, undefeated, and #2 in the country.. But there are some that still favor USC over us? Crazy" Even though Vegas odds actually have the Ducks favored by 3points over USC this weekend, it appears Oregon and more importantly Coach Dakota has still found a way to have his players feeling as if they haven't earned any respect, a method that has worked all season for Oregon.

The play of Masoli hasn't hurt either, the the standout QB has been hurting defenses with his ARM and LEGS all season, amassing over 1900 total yards from scrimmage and 19 TDs. Coach Dakota cant say enough about Masoli's play "..Its like watching poetry in motion.. A defense thinks they have him contained and he breaks lose, they blitz to stop him running and he passes, its simply amazing"

Aiding in Masoli being successful has been the STANDOUT play of ROADRUNNER back LaMichael James for Oregon. He has totaled 628 yards and 6 TDs including a AMAZING 96 yard run over the course of the season.
    "He is like a unknown sideeffect" said Coach Dakota, "Teams come into the game thinking STOP MASOLI.. and before the know it LaMichael has TORCHED them"

The Oregon team seems to have all their DUCKS in order as they gear up for what SHOULD be a Great PAC-10 game with tons of National Championship implications.

From Eugene, Oregon this is Michael Smith For ESPN.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nice write up Dre!

Im taking Oregon only because I havent played you yet Dre. Dakota knows what he is doing with the Ducks and if he can limit the turnovers (the only thing that kept me in the game against him), I think they can win on the road. It should be close.

Oregon - 27
    USC - 24

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Nice touch with the Joe Schad and Micheal Smith from ESPN add. I think the game is at USC, so im thinking Im having to go with USC.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm taking the Ducks!!

Nice write up dre!

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ha I saw the vote for USC and Dakota on here and thought he voted against himself :)

6. DreSmithJr

thanks guys.. as i start doing more of these.. ill add more stuff. it was hard to try and be impartial because im IN the game but i hope i managed to get both sides in good light.

in the future ima try and get with the coaches of the BIG GAME before hand so that i can add some more flair

7. mboda

mboda Walk On

Ill Take USC. Dre is a tough user to play

USC - 31
    Oregon - 21

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Very nice write up Dre.

Gotta go with the Ducks team speed.

UO 35 - USC 27

We should add an "Odds Beater" to this. So a weekly winner to the member who guesses closest to the score or something. Add a little weekly college fantasy touch.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

35-20 USC

I played dre, I probably have played dakota at some point but I do not remember.

I have not been terribly successful with spread option in user games and based on Oregons offensive output against the computer I have little faith oregon will have success running. Dre has tough blitz's that will kill shotgun runs and qb protection. Oregon is going to get put in 3rd and long if they try to run, and going pass heavy will most likely cause alot of Turnovers and sacks. I think the ducks are going to need some lucky breaks to make a game of it.

Looks like Oklahoma vs Alabama Championship game to me.

10. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Nice analysts! I have to take Oregon because my two favorite teams are UCLA and whoever is playing SUC.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ahmen to that brother...sorry Dre :)

12. DreSmithJr

this new deeply saddens me.... yet angers my entire team.. LOL

*puts team on 5 yard line for 100 yard sprints*

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

:D

14. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

This is a huge game. Looking forward to the recap when it's done. Go USC!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

17-0 2nd quarter......................................................

USC (n)

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Did dakota make a comeback? Havent had a chance to get on the box tonight and the wire is down.