ESPN in 3D

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by HackGolfer, Jan 5, 2010.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

ESPN in 3D

Looks like "Jumbotronicus" has sparked the brains of the ESPN Networking team. I don't even think I could have the patience to watch an entire game with those glasses on..

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What hardware do you need to view '3-D'?

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yeah the glasses are the biggest down side to this stuff right now. not sure 3D is cool enough for me to sit in my living room with those glasses on.

The whole thing screams "the jerk," with millions of cross-eyed sports fans coming out of the woodwork from the glasses.

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I am assuming that you would just need the specialized glasses for their specific 3-D setup.. Last year, NBC broadcasted 2-3 shows in 3-D on one particular day as part of a marketing gig, and most of the local newspapers included the glasses for it..

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's what I'm wondering. I know that some TVs are labeled 3-D ready. Not sure what that means. I just bought a TV too and never thought anything of it haha. I hope it works.

Will you need to wear the glasses?

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Yes you would still have to be wearing your specific glasses for you to experience the images "popping" out of the screen.. Your TV would only "enhance" the experience as opposed to someone who had a basic LCD, etc.. TV