ESPN Magazine, The "Q" Edition, VOL. 2

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CTfromDC, Sep 9, 2013.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Volume two is about to hit the stands fellas...Check back over the next two days for an exclusive interview, Week 1 Power Rankings, and more...

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 7
  2. heathh

heathh Walk On

Nice! PayPal?
    LOL

• Like Like x 2
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

H
    How many copies you want! I needs that dough! LLS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

im likin this cool league snapshot idea

• Like Like x 1
  5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

DISCLAIMER: These are just for fun. All commentary is just for fun. Do not take anything personal. I know nothing about any of you, just basing this on the records and scores. Power Rankings will really reflect the truth about week 6 once I have more date...Now....Enjoy :D(y)

Previous week rankings based on real life Team via the link http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
    Next rankings will be true to the Q!

PR1.PNG
    PR2.PNG
    PR3.PNG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
  6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

EXCLUSIVE: Exerts from MIke Tirico and the Monday Night Football Crews interview with New Redskins Owner Warhawk AKA dreadman ....

Mike_Tirico_and_analysts_Jon_Gruden_and_Ron_Jaworski (1).jpg

Tirico and company behind the scenes...
    Tirico - Jack Kent Cooke was beloved owner, who brought three titles to the Nations Capital. You replace an owner in Dan Snyder, who has had mixed reviews. Most recently, he had made changes to his approach to ownership and the Skins seem to have been set back on the right path to relevancy. How do you plan on carrying the torch and bringing the fans a 4th Lombardi?

Much respect to Cooke & Snyder. Snyder brought the championships to DC and Snyder brought his wallet in search of a championship but later changed that philosophy. 2 different owners..2 different perspectives, but one common goal, they wanted to win! I’m also one that wants to win and look to take Snyder’s reign of ownership to another level by continuing to give the fans a great on-field product.

Anyone knows... when you're dealing with the NFC East, you're in for some battles! So we have to continue to build a team that can compete at a high level in a dangerous division. Obviously, we have to take care of the division games first and make sure we set the bar.. (which we didn't do against the Eagles). Then we have to make sure we put ourselves in position to win as many games as possible in the regular season to get to the playoffs and roll the dice there! We have to limit the turnovers on offense and get teams off the field on 3rd downs on defense to start that journey.. hopefully in week 3, we can start to take that walk!

Gruden - It's amazing how the Skins have been able to compete, with all the 36 million in Cap penalties handed down by the league. Now that you will be at "full strength" financially, will you return to the old days of free agency blockbuster signings, or maintain the current method of building through the draft?

The 36 million cap penalty did nothing but help us in regards to taking this team in a new direction. The situation kind of forced us to be smart about how to build our football team. Gone are the days of overspending on big names and past their prime players. There will always be a name or two on the free agency list that may spark some interest, but that particular player has to fit our scheme and age range of player we want on our team. We will use the draft mostly to bring in talent, but we will sparingly use free agency on future signings.

Jaws - Alot of people criticized Snyder and GM Bruce Allen for the Rams trade to get the rights to draft a franchise QB, as new owner, would you have done anything different?

I would have done the same thing..... Sometimes I feel like we didn't give enough (LAUGHS) But the draft is hit or miss.. And we feel like we got everything we needed in sending what we sent to acquire Robert. To compete and be successful in this league, you need the play of your quarterback to be among the elite. We feel that Robert is on his way to being elite and has helped to restore that winning attitude within our franchise. Draft picks well spent on my end!

Gruden - RG3 is arguably the most electrifying player to come and play in the league since Barry Sanders. It's no secret that he and Luck will be forever linked for their careers. Roberts coming off of season ending knee injury, his second ACL tear. Will you still utilize him in the manner in which we saw last season, when he was shredding defenses with that read option, or will you groom him into being more of a pocket passer?

Robert will definitely be able to run the offense that he was in last year. Just last night, RG3 had some good runs against the Packers defense out of the option as well as on some broken down passing plays. 4 attempts for 83 yards…knee looks fine to me! But, I’m more into RG being able to deliver from the pocket but love the dual threat and element of surprise when he’s able to catch defenses off guard when he runs. So, yes, we will utilize all of Robert’s abilities, but we will be smart in how we call certain plays and keep his running at a bare minimum.

Tirico - You chose to forfeit your two pre-season trade opportunities, I assume that means that you and the organization feel that you were all set with the 53 currently on the roster. Is there anyone on the trade block now, or is there any position that you feel needs an immediate upgrade after two weeks of the season?

I'm usually the one that keeps the roster in tact as is. One thing I'm not going to do... is trade just to trade. Sometimes people create needs when their roster was good enough from the start. We feel as though we had/have the depth at every position to compete. Of course we all like certain players and would want them to be on our respective teams, but if I have to create a need somewhere else within my roster to acquire that player........I just don't see the reason of a so-called "upgrade" when I have to "downgrade" somewhere else.

Jaws - Aside from Griffin, one of the biggest off season topics was the hiring of Chip Kelly by the Eagles, and the offense that he was bring to the pros. You had the unfortunate duty of facing them in week 1, where you witnessed the Vick-less Oregon offense. What was the toughest part from a defensive perspective in stopping them?

That's the thing..... That was a Vick-less offense that was still able to convert on 3rd downs at a high percentage. When you have a team that can move the chains as the Eagles did in week 1.. You have to be able to make adjustments and get the message to your personnel that we need to get their ass off the field. There was plenty of missed tackles and assignments in that game. You don't give your football team a chance if you're letting your opponent convert on 3rd and long situations...... and reward them with a new damn set of downs 9 out of 10 times… Rediculous!!!

Tirico - You all have another tough game this week, But you guys pulled it out on the road against Green Bay, despite another 5 INT game from RG3. Is he really ready, or are we on the verge of seeing Pat White or Kirk Cousins?

You can bet your last damn dollar that RG3 is ready!!! Pat was released at the beginning of the season to get to a 53 man roster. Kirk... he still has some work to do in the accuracy department, but is ready to go if he's needed. Robert has 10 ints. in the first 2 weeks of the season. In those 10 ints., I see alot of RG3 trying to hard to make something happen that isn't there. He needs to get his timing together and make sure he leads his WR's in a way that they can only get to the ball. If he can play smarter like the 1st drive we had against the Packers in week 2.. (which was a brilliant drive), then we as a team give ourselves a better shot at winning games and putting points up on the board.

Gruden - The Lions are coming to town next week, with a 2-0 record. Reggie Bush has an almost identical skill-set to Shady McCoy's. Also Megatron will be in attendance. Is the defense ready for that high powered offense?

That damn Reggie has an unbelievable skill-set! Playing against McCoy in week 1 should help us in that game. Both are slippery and have good feet! We have to make sure we put some heat & apply that helmet to his ass so that he knows we're out there! Megatron is a problem and a half for any defense. But we are up for the challenge of trying to limit the Lions on offense. We have to dot out 'I's and cross our 'T's in every facet to get it done. We need to get them off the field on 3rd downs and play aggressive, but remain smart in how we attack and cover on defense.

Tirico - And finally Jon, You've been around for a while, and know most of the owners. Where do you see your Skins finishing in the NFC East?

Indeed.. I have been around for a good amount of time and have played against these guys in some tremendous battles. Zo.. Moe.. James... all are great players and owners and will definitely give you that challenge of bringing your 'A' game to the table. And what makes it even more interesting is that we all are playing with our favorite teams! If you don't have high expectations... what do you have? We want that top spot baby!

Tririco - There you have it Q, thanks to Jon for his time, HTTR!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Power Rankings are up!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great job bro!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Nice jump for the boys in blue and yellow.

10. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

dammit CTfromDC #1? lol hell of a job though man

• Like Like x 2
  11. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Great job

• Like Like x 3
  12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Heavy is the head of he who wears the crown Bruh....Stop winning and you too can be a cellar dwellar like us!

• Like Like x 6
  13. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

CTfromDC Great Job Man, heela of a job on everything. Love it.. And beleive me all this goes unnoticed. Just dont put Dem Eagles in the top 5 and we are good, cuz thats a jinx....LOL

• Like Like x 2
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

GREAT JOB...Love the Biggest Jump and Biggest Drop at the bottom!...Awesome

All of my division in the top 11....Fierce

• Like Like x 2
  15. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great work Carl!

• Like Like x 1
  16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Lets see how long that lasts, hahahaha. It's only week one fellas, I can guaran-GotDamn-tee that this will look NOTHING like this by week 3!

• Like Like x 3
  17. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

really great read CT!

• Like Like x 2
  18. sactown

sactown Walk On

Love the content. Thanks for taking the time to make the magazine and power rankings. Great job.

• Like Like x 4
  19. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

This is the shizzz...nice work CT!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

This is Awesome Stuff really enjoyed reading it Thanks MAN!

• Like Like x 3
  21. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Awesome! Can't wait for more. Great job man! I should be ranked about 25th lol

• Like Like x 2
  22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

• Like Like x 3
  23. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

• Like Like x 2
  25. thafuture3886