ESPN Magazine, The "Q" Edition, VOL. 3

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CTfromDC, Sep 20, 2013.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Hitting the streets in a day or two, be on the lookout...
    Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 11
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

POWER RANKINGS AS OF WEEK 5
    Note:Records are reflected thru week 5. At the time of writing this up, some week 6 games had played, so the commentary reflects a little of that...
    pr1.PNG
    pr2.PNG
    pr3.PNG
    pr4.PNG

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris Carter nominates Peyton Manning for this edition of C'Mon Man​

[​IMG]

"""This man is so busy making commercials with his two time Superbowl champion/MVP little brother, "Football on your phone", he hasn't focused on the task at hand!....C'Mon man!!!!"""

Peyton was brought to Cinci to lead an offense that was looking to win now..instead he has been interception prone, and is having the worse year of his career. $19 million split over 16 game checks, equals out to $1,187,500...This guy is pulling a Hayesworth and the Cinci Fans have lost faith...They do not BELIEVE in Peyton. Dalton is about to be reinserted, but the same concern for the Red Rifle looms, he has no Arm strength. Peyton you've thrown 3 touchdowns, and 15 INTERCEPTIONS, get your shit together Bro!!! C'MON MANNNNNN!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

"THE HOT SEAT" with Ron Jaworski
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jaws interviews Pats Owner PepperNY

Jaws | So, 5-0 huh...You and the Patriots have yet to taste defeat this season. No one else can say that, How does it feel to be the last of the Undefeated's?

It feels good, but there is still a lot of football left to be played and we could very easily lose the next 5 if we don't keep our focus and continue to take it 1 game at a time.

Jaws | Which of the five games played so far was most satisfying and which do you feel the team played the best in all aspects?

Without a doubt it has to be the win in week 2 over our rivals the NY Jets. We have had some hard fought battles over the years with the Jets and its never an easy win. As for which game we feel we played our best would have to be against the Bengals in week 5 where our Defense played lights out giving up just 3 points and if not for trying to convert a late 1st down we would have been turnover free.

Jaws | Great pressure comes when leading the division, let alone the conference. You have to know that a target has been place on your back. How do you handle that pressure and maintain the teams focus?

We have a motto in New England and its called the Patriot way. We don't look past any opponent and take it 1 game at a time as cliche as that may sound. It keeps us focused on the task at hand.

Jaws | How many years does Brady have left? He seems to have not lost a step, and Ridley is playing pretty well to take off some of the pressure. It seems that with Welker's departure and return, that has also been great for team morale. What made you change your mind and go after him in a trade?

We have a lot of confidence in Tom and what he brings to the table with his play and his leadership on and off the field so we hope he can continue to play at a high level for many years to come. As for bringing Welker back, we really didn't have any plans to do that but an opportunity presented itself and we really felt like we couldn't let it pass us by since we were unsuccessful in negotiations in the off-season. Also we know that Tom and Wes have a chemistry together that is hard to replicate and thus far has proven to be huge for our football team.

Jaws | The defense has given up only 61 points through 5 games. That is tops in the league. Who's been the DPOY so far?

We don't have any 1 guy that has been above the rest of the team, it has been a total team effort with a different group of guys stepping up each and every week.

Jaws | Huge "Statement" game next week vs. the 4-1 Saints. This is the Pats opportunity to prove any of the nay-sayers wrong. You then follow that game by two tough division games...How do you see things playing out?

As stated before, we don't look at the schedule and all our attention right now are on the Saints as we take it one game at a time. When you start looking past teams in this league is when you lose focus and face defeat as any team can win on any given week in this league. The competition here is fierce.

Jaws | Thank for you time, and GL next week!

You can see that the Pats organization is all about business, from the top to the bottom. "The Patriot Way", that we've grown accustom to seeing from the likes of Belichick, Brady....Mum's the word. We will have to see how the season shakes out, but they have a great shot at returning that Lombardi to New England!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Patiently waiting....:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

LLS, Sorry 4 the wait...Q Power Rankings are up. These are only good thru week 5, FYI.....Work is crazy right now....This takes me time to do, but I will try to get it more consistent, probably showcase the top 10, with 4 outside looking in moving forward. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

These are great, Carl! Don't worry about doing them every week. If you break the season into quarters, I'm sure that would be fine, too. Thanks for putting these together. Always fun to read!

• Like Like x 3
  8. thafuture3886

Yeah I was just messin with ya. Take ur time man these are great

• Like Like x 1
  9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Im hip, no worries homie

• Like Like x 2
  10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

All this is great...again brushing on what i said with Zo's thread, happy to see such solid activity. This has truly been a great season thus far. Lots of fun remain.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Interview wit Pat Owner/GM is up!!!

Shout out to PepperNY for the quick turn around.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The bulletin board material is strong in this weeks power rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CHUNKNESS

well done gents!

15. CHUNKNESS

LMAO!!!

16. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Read...Bills finally on the board with a win...I forget who we beat:coffee:

• Like Like x 1
  17. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass, and anybody can win the lottery:ROFLMAO: That was week 6, this is thru week 5 Sir:cool:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

"Look man, you can listen to MrOverUnder but you can't hear MrOverUnder"

• Like Like x 3
  19. thafuture3886

One of my fav movies of all time (y)

• Like Like x 1
  20. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job as usual Carl! Thanks for the work you put into this!

21. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Terrific job! I love my Browns being under the radar. "NO EASY WIN IN CLEVELAND"

• Like Like x 1
  22. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You really shouldn't count two of my losses against me in the power rankings. I lose divisional games to get out of doing a recap video. :p

• Like Like x 1