ESPN reports the number two pick has been traded! Rams have dealt it

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by kdpnutter, Mar 9, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Its good to be the Rams right now IMO

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sucks to be the Browns.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Very true it makes things tough for the Browns but could also lead to the Browns getting Justin Blackmon and give McCoy another weapon, plus another pick in the first round could get another defensive playmaker.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

good deal rams get 3 first and a 2nd nice

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They will somehow come out worse.

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

That's alot to give up.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

With the new CBA i think its a great move by the Skins there is a set amount they pay for RG3 not like before

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I got a feeling they will be alright in the future....they didn't give up their load and...well, there is always next year....

[​IMG]

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You would have given up the future of your team for the #2 pick. The Redskins signed their death warrant with this trade. Holy crap.

RG3 is not the answer for the Browns. In fact, I sort of wish the Browns were in the Rams position.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

So would a team trade 3 #1's and a 2nd rounder for any QB in the league right now? Seems like an odd price for a player that can be at best classified as unproven.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would trade that for Brady and that's about it. No freakin' way I would give that up for a guy like RG3.

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I try not to make it a habit of quoting idiots such as bomani jones, but I think he hit it on the head. There is a little more than just football value to this trade in DC. I'll repost what he put on twitter about the trade:

bomani jones.PNG

14. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I think its too much for someone like RGIII. He had a good combine so what I dont think he was worth THAT much. This could easily set the foreskins back another decade

Good deal for the Rams though

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

We would've had to give up too much, imo.

The Browns supposedly sent in a trade that wouldn't have been too bad, but I don't want to break the bank for RG3 when there are other good players available.

Take Claiborne with the early first rounder.
    Take the best available receiver with the late first rounder.
    Take Mike Adams to play right tackle with the early second.

<Edit>

I do not want Blackmon at the 4 spot.
    I will be livid if we draft Tannehill.
    I would love Kuechly or Burfict, but that won't happen. :(
    I wouldn't mind getting a pass rusher with our late first either instead of the receiver.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I wanted RGIII, at 4.:)

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I wanted Luck but we won too many damn games lol

I would not be surprised if Browns trade out of 4 , I think Blackmon is over rated. Of the many need Browns have we need a RT badly , hopefully we can land a stud with that late first rounder.

18. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I wanted RG3 pretty bad....but not that bad. I'm ok with either Claiborne or Blackmon at 4..Or if they want to trade down A LITTLE that'd be fine with me too. All I ask out of this draft is playmakers. On both sides of the ball. They need an infusion of players that can make a big impact in a game. Right now they have 1, and that's Joe Haden. Unless you count Joe Thomas, but that's not the kind of difference maker I'm talking about. Blackmon appeals to me because with a true #1, if he turns out to be that could make MoMass a solid #2 and Little a really nice 3rd option potentially. If I had it my way they'd take Blackmon at 4 and the best player on the board at 22 and 37 almost regardless of position excluding LT and C...however, if they take Tannehill or 28 year old Brandon Weeden (who people say Tom Heckert is in love with) I'm going to shit myself, then feel a little remorse, then go kick a baby holding a puppy.

If they could get Blackmon at 4 and then get a baller for the defense like one of the Bama guys that would be great. For the 2nd round pick it all depends on what they address with the first two I guess...

but yeah, when I heard the news this morning my first reaction was FUCK!!!!! but after I heard the price tage I'm glad they didn't jump that offer.

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This has been my favored qb all along. I'd like to see him in Cleveland even more than RG3. I have a feeling though next years draft is going to be the Barkley lottery after they finish in the top 5 and he wins the heisman.

20. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It still is a heavy heavy price for the Redskins to play, Daniel Snyder doesn't mind spending money but wow that is a ton of picks to give up, even better than the Ricky Williams deal by Ditka and as well as the price for Eli Manning by the Giants. This far and exceeds it.

21. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    This is a dumb move for the Skins. They just traded their future away for RG3, which would have been fine if the team was simply a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. Its blatantly obvious that they're not.

Imo this puts even more pressure on the Colts and AL. With the bounty the Rams just got, imagine what the Colts could have gotten for #1. They better hope AL is the 2nd coming.