ESPN silliness

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 24, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Another great example of just how stupidly terrible ESPN is at all forms of journaiism:

Today on the Scott Van Pelt ESPN radio show, Frank Beamer was on and Van Pelt's d-bag assistant asks Beamer, "So, how's Geno Smith (WestVa's QB) looking?"

Beamer: "I think you mean Logan Thomas."

DBag: "No... I mean Geno Smith."

(awkward silence)

Van Pelt: "No... I think you mean Logan Thomas."

Embarassing. What idiots.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i do like it when Scott van Pelt says "Useful, Useful shot"

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

at least it was dbag assistant... and not the man!

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

has your espn radio in game thing been stuck on plaxico burress the last few days. big effing deal, he scored a pre season touchdown.

• Like Like x 2
  5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Seriously and is it just me or are they playing every two minutes this year! If you are not updating sports center every two minutes i don't need to hear it. I mean what the fuck?

• Like Like x 1
  6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

how absurd is it that they are now airing Duke basketball preseason games?

7. TJM

TJM Walk On

Good read on ESPNs silliness but none other SI: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...gefootball.television/index.html?sct=cf_wr_a2

I've always hated Craig James since hes had a hard on for Paterno since '82. Even with that said, he is just overall terrible and I agree with every mention of his name in this article.

Also some good nuggets on TV networks we were talking about during hte A&M hoopla (which wont go away).

8. TJM

TJM Walk On

Speaking of ESPN lol, the College Football Preview for 2011 is on at 7pm ET (Herby and Erin). and for those with Big Ten network the '11 preview will be on at 7pm ET and 10pm ET.

9. TJM

TJM Walk On

Feldman is now at CBS Sports lol, he tweeted it and somehow his Twitter name is already changed with me already following his new twitter name. Love Twitter and that Bruce is gone from ESPN

10. TJM

TJM Walk On

LOL even more funnier:

"Feldman said his contract was up and an executive at ESPN questioned his “credibility.” They at first offered him three years and a raise. Then they changed it to one year and no raise.
    “If you’re a problem for them, you can’t exist in that world,” Feldman said. He said when your employers aren’t truthful … “it’s a problem.”
    Feldman talked about ESPN broadcaster Craig James’ role in getting Mike Leach fired and more. Feldman said James lied about hiring a public relations field.
    "

Also, Terrelle Pryor scored a 7 on his 1st Wonderlic Test lol.