ESPN's Decade Top 25

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Lee.Flex, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

ESPN's Decade Top 25

Which one's do you guys have the best memories of?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=games/decade/2009syracuseunconn

Mine is split :

Boise State vs Oklahoma - I remember this game like it was yesterday. I was getting ready to ship out to Iraq in less than 48 hours, the wife had just went to bed and I was trying to stay up as long as I could and soak up "The USA" for as long as I could. I flipped it on right after halftime and I was amazed with what I saw. The Hook-n'-ladder, the Statue of Liberty. I think it might be one of the best games in history, not just the decade.

Miami vs tOSU - Pass interference my ass. I still hate watching this game on ESPN classic and seeing that play. Although I get sore feelings about the game, it was a thriller and a blast to watch with friends. I am glad that my Ducks get tOSU in the Rose this year.... maybe I can get some closure to what in my opinion was one of the worst call's in football History.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The most exciting game I saw on that list was Texas Tech v. Texas last year. That was intense. And it was pass interference. You can't hug a WR with your head in their chest while the ball's in the air....it baffles me that people don't get that. He wasn't even trying to make a play on the ball.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

bullshit thats all I got troy

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

If you watch the replay, contact is not made until the ball hits gambles hands. Bad call.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

thank you lee it is a bad call I just had to watch the play over on youtube and threw up a little in my mouth remembering that play. Thanks Troy Im gonna be pissed for the rest of the day.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You should be pissed at the special teams coach for not teaching his secondary personel to turn their head toward the ball....just saying.

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

People can say what they want about that call, there are bad calls all the time and alot of PI calls are very questionable. But, the fact is if you take all the bad calls away on both sides, the game dosent go into overtime. The drive before the game tying FG by miami, Krenzel completed a pass to Chris Gamble on the sidelines with both his knees inbounds and the ball securely wrapped up in his arms. But, the official behind the play(possibly the same guy who called PI) called it incomplete. Ending the Buckeyes drive and opportunity to run out the clock, sealing the NC game in regulation. tOSU than punted and we know what hppened from there.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Personally...the Giants beating the Pats in the Super Bowl was the most memorable to me. My dad has always been a Giants fan and I have grown to be one as well. Usually on Super Bowl Sunday he watches the first half and goes to bed as he works early monday morning...not this Sunday. He is usually pretty quiet when it comes to Giants football...not much expression apart from the occasional "Touchdown!"...he was on the edge of his seat and jumped when Tyree caught that ball. It was an intense night and a great time watching it with my father.

Others that were memorable...
    ~Phelps' touch in the Olympics, Both Tiger Woods Moments (Particularly the 2008 US Open), and the Syracuse/UCONN Basketball Marathon

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Benbuckeye, you win the prize for being correct. Not many remember that play but it was a very bad blown call that would have wrapped up the game for OSU and the PI call was a make up or karma in my opinion. I do think it was PI by the way but the ref was way late in throwing the flag.

10. Juggernautblitz

Mine are
    Miami vs. OSU
    or
    USC vs. Texas when Vince Young nearly single-handedly beat a super team in USC in their back yard.
    or
    Miami vs. ND in 1988, Catholics vs. Convicts

I love the NFL but I can't remember a great NFL game that lives up to the best college games of all time.

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think you and all Canes fans need to see this video which proves it was PI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvjADmxhVw

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Think about the last two super bowls actually a lot of the super bowls in this decade . . . Vinateri nailing kicks to win games for the Patriots. Kevin Dyson being stopped on the 1 foot line to salvage a Rams win vs. the Titans.

David Tyree catch to set up Eli to Burress for a Giants win over undefeated Patriots.

Santonio Holmes catch to win the game last year. You also had Fitzgerald's catch and run which had many of us thinking it was over. Also maybe the greatest play in Super Bowl history with Harrison pick 6 going 100 to score before half.

I'd have to say thoise are up there.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Remeber this is this decade not of all time....

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

True Catholics vs convicts wasn't in this decade.

15. Juggernautblitz

My bad, totally wasn't thinking about the decade thing when put ND - Miami in there.

My thing about college vs. NFL is that there just isn't that level of crazed passion in most NFL fans/games that there is in huge college games, where the cameras are shaking because of the noise level, etc..

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My top 2 would be:

Wimbledon: Nadal ends Federer's reign. This was one of the most epic matches of any game ever played. They had multiple rain delays and 7 sets. The match ended up lasting like 7 hours I think and the entire time both of these guys played at top speed. Never did they look tired or slow down (unlike the pic of syracuse during that bball game). It was a match for the ages and probably the best tennis match ever played.

David beats Goliath (BSU over OU)
    I remember this backup HB on my high school football team that every day would get after the head coach about the statue of liberty play. We never once ran the thing instead we all just kind of laughed at him. Then watching this game you see Boise St pull out all the stops to beat OU. It was a perfect storm of trickery and deception and putting your ass on the line while playing like there's no tomorrow. To go for 2 and the win was like Nebraska in the 80s verses Miami, except Boise actually got it. The hook and ladder, the statue of liberty, the endless flurry of the little guy not letting the big guy get up. Simply amazing and a game I'll remember forever.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas vs USC.

Im a huge Texas homer, but even if you hate both of those teams you have to admit that was one of the greatest NCs evah.