Archived ESPN's Ed WERDER confirms that Penn ST coach Smace will be going to LSU in 2017

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Feb 7, 2012.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I started this, no need to even go in the Hustle thread. Im LSU bound right after penn st 's last game. Beliedat

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

So this is the reason Bamaboiking is running from Alabama ;)

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Lol usu dosent have the talent to challenge me; only auburn does

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Don't worry they will have the talent within a season and a half ;)

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, Smace is a recruiting machine.

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Thank god for recruiting restrictions, what helps more is lsu is 4 star prestige

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Before i get started. for bigtubb. did you read my post. I think you skewed the conversation. I know my team is loaded. Never said they wasnt. What i was saying in the other thread that, first i did that and i built MY team. Nobody gave me my team. yeah some teams have more then others but i still put in work to get them where they are now. and second was that the restrictions wouldnt change my team much because I only recruit need anyway. So i still dont see what you discounting homie.

MY TEAM HAS BEEN RECRUITED AT RIGHT AROUND THE RESTRICTION LIMITS. Over by one guy or so in a few years.

if you signed your limit and let them progress. every bodies team will look like mine. If we really want a restriction, we have to go 2 and 6. or 2 and 8.

Quick math. If you sign at the restriction thats 13 studs you can sign a year. Most 4 stars will get to 90 overall before they leave.

Now you redshirt a lot of them. you play them enough to not transfer and by year 5 you have 52 players that will get to 90 overall. By year 6 when they become redshirt srs you have 65 players give or take a few who leave early or you didn't redshirt them yr 1, you still have 60-65 players who will progress to over 90 with 3 or 4 years of progression.. Which is how my team is right now.

My 23 over 90 guys are from 3 different classes, and 15 of them are just in the 90-93 range after 3-4 years of progression as sr or redshirt srs.

my over 90 players
    5 sr(r) --Year 1
    9 SR --year 2
    5 RS JR--year 2
    2 jr--year 3
    2 rs sophs--year 3

Note that most of my 3 stars are JUCos and mostly juco sophs who come in with some high ratings.

For Bigtubb

yr1 there are 2 more 5s and two more 4s that were signed Yr 1 signed 4 and 9 right at restriction. 5 guys still on the team over 90
    [​IMG]

yr2 2 more 4 / 5 star. lost over 20 players signed 4 and 11. 14 guys still on the team over 90
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Year 3
    the class had 18 players and 5 are still in the 70's as jr or redshirt sophs, so that means that 13 players at best was a 4 star or above. signed 3 and 10 or 4 and 9. 4 guys still on the team over 90.

yr4 -4 five stars 8 four stars

[​IMG]

yr 5 first restriction year. ended up keeping 2 and 8.
    [​IMG]

Yeah you can nitpik and say you signed one over that year, and one over that year. But if you look. every guy on my roster is accounted for in those classes. Only one season did i get more than 13 top tier recruits.

This post is not for any other reason then to give a visual as to why i wanted a lower restriction. And to show that i recruited pretty much at the recruiting limits we have now every year. You can see how a 3 and 10 restriction works out after 6 years.

Why i wanted to go like 2 five stars and 6-8 four stars. i think the restriction needs to be around half of the avg class. the avg class is 14-16. There are 5 yrs of class. redshirt, fresh, soph, jr, sr. If you look at most real teams, their 4 and 5 stars are less than half there roster.

We first can assume that almost all four stars will get to 90 overall after 3-4 years of progression.

If i sign 3 fives and 10 four stars and above every year and only need to replace 14 players. after 5 seasons im gonna have 65 players that will be rated over 90 before they leave. So almost everybody that graduates/leaves can be replaced with a guy who is gonna be rated over 90 before he graduates. This is my team now. And this is why i wanted a much lower restriction.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

By no mean am i hating. If i had sc I would have done the same thing. My point is that it was relatively easy for you to recruit and redshirt guys largely becuz you started as a 6 star program with great pitches and the beginning only you, ND, ohio state and fsu had 5 or 6 star schools so you cleaned up...yea i agree you recruited your team but again you had an advantage with out restrictions but more importantly competition. You, ND and FSU cleaned up...Dont know wtf Ben was doing lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

TThis time you will be back to D- coach prestige and 4 star school so good luck on the recruiting trail buddy

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

If I remember correctly I missed pretty much a whole season because my dad had a stroke, ya dick, hahahahha, came back and we had a 6 win season ....I came back from my month long Army vacation a little rusty too and kept losing to the computer lol...Ive been trying to dig myslf out of that whole since lol

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Dang Homie....lol. geez, I remember your pops was in the hospital I wasnt going after you like that! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Its all good
    You named ND, FSU, Ohio ST, but you forgot Miami and there was a user in Michigan cause i lost the B1G championship to Denard and that dude. All them was rated higher and ND, OSU, and Michigan are all in my pipeline. And i had Rutgers talking to some dudes i wanted.

Im just pointing out that it took 5 years to get to the top half of the bracket. and even then i had no dynamic players like RGIII or Pardon and Thomas in them years. In season 3 and 4 i was one of the worst user BCS schools and my team was in the 80s.

i have not had an impact QB or running back since year 2 until this year. My impact players have been Possession receivers and defenders until this year. I had no impact player who has been over 92 since season 2.

And last thing dont let tubb walk yall to sleep. Count how many underclassmen he has 85 or higher. If he gets max progression he will have 20 guys over 90 next year.

13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Dont need luck fella, im gonna do what I do and get who I get. It wont be the end of the world. By the way, LSU just scooped up two QBs #2 and #4

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Miami is rackin up the 5 stars

15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

i saw that this year they not playing

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

F'n #1 Corner! :mad:

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tired of Nick "cheesing" by them :)