Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Dec 30, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Hey guys, to be honest I have been trying to hold back on the gameplay concerns because I can really adjust my game based on whatever so new rules wont affect me so I don't really care. However, I see a HUGE amount of regulation coming, and we are already one of the most strict leagues out there. It is going to get to the point that if a guy doesn't play like we do, we are going to pick apart their game to an unrealistic degree. Personally, I see this already happening to a degree and I think we need to attack the issue in another way.

For the most part we are all striving to be clean players. I really don't see a huge amount of malicious intent with gameplay, and I know people want to play in a good league. However, like I mentioned a few weeks ago, we don't focus enough on essential skills to overcome new issues, instead we just regulate it. For Example, it was mentioned yesterday about Dritsch and his 8 man box and blitzing. I played him last night, and he did the same thing as he normally does and all I did was audible a TE to block and he was caught on multiple occasions with his butt in his hand with one on one coverage. By the end of the game, he more or less stopped using the 4-6 all together because it hurt him more than it helped him. This is football 201 here, not really advanced stuff you know. As far as man to man vs zone. Again essential skills take care of this issue if you use the right routes and make them pay for it, I believe people have hit a grove and have forgotten the other 200 plays in their book.

The solution to most of our issues is education not regulation. IF we are presented with an issue, a board member needs to bring it here, and see if a basic football skill can correct the issue. If not, we need to consider regulating it, if so, we need to put something on the forums on how to defeat it. My biggest concern is that soon enough we will be taking the strategy out of these games, and the folks with the better teams are going to get a huge advantage.

A bit a rambling I know but I hope you guys get what I am saying ;)

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I agree that the truth is in the middle, but I also think that anyone who thinks its the board fault and too many rules and there is no one really 'cheesing', isn't taking a realistic look at the situation either. I'll address more in the other thread.