eTSpnO The Masters Round 4 Palitix flight report

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    After many technical difficulties delays,the final round of the TGA Tour Masters tournament finally resumed on Sunday.In the early group the prohibited favorite @Dub-ya shot a very solid 68 making him a clubhouse tournament leader at -22.Tied for 2nd at -19 were 3 of the stronger XBOX golfers,and after a very nice 67 @DrunkenSoldier (-14) completed the top 5 on the leaderboard.

Next on the tee around 3 PM stood @xyzvld22 (-15) @Paulitix (-14) @Jon Carroll and @Bruinboy20 both at -10.Based on past performance both xyz and paulitix had a real chance of challenging the leader,while caz and brin were set to contend for top 5 finishes.

We caught up with xyz before the round and ask him couple of questions:
    "I am just happy to be able to play golf again.It's been a long wait ,but it's finally over.As far as the keys to todays round I really cannot afford to get to a slow start as I did in Round 3 (3 bogeys in the first 4 holes) and take advantage of the par 5s (where I found the water on both 13 and 15 on Saturday).I feel a lot of the flags today specifically in the back 9 are very accessible for my game,but I also have to be cautious not to get too aggressive.Either way today is gonna be a lot of fun...

To start the round
    5 xyzvld22 -15
    6 Paulitix -14
    T9 caz112 -10
    T9 bruinboy20 -10

Hole 1 Par 4 445 yds Players seems to be surprised by the wind.xyz undershot his approach short of the green,but was very lucky to hole-out his pitch shot.Paulitix left himself with a tough downhill putt and 3 put it for bogey.Cazz birdied

Hole 2 Par 5 575 yds All 4 took an advantage scoring well. The elder statesman of the foursome Bruinboy showed the youngguns how it is getting done by scoring the only eagle

Hole 3 Par 4 350 yds xyz get the fast start he wanted as he birdied for 3rd time on a row.Paulitix also birdied

After 3 :
    xyzvld22 -18
    Paulitix -15
    caz112 -12
    bruinboy20 -12

Hole 4 Par 3 240yds : Paulitix seems to rebounded from the opening hole bogey as he birdies yet another hole.xyzvld fails to get up and down from the front bumker and drops a shot,bruin and cazz also bogied the hole

Hole 5 Par 4 455 yds : xyz birdies,bruins bogeys, routine pars for Paulitix and Cazz

Hole 6 Par 3 180 yds : xyz continues to have problems with his short game- another failed up and down attempt results a bogey. Paulitix gains a shot after another nice tee shot and a birdie putt.

After 6 :
    xyzvld22 -17
    Paulitix -17
    caz112 -11
    bruinboy20 -10

Holes 7-9 : Cazz gains 2 shots after birding 8 and 9,xyz and bruin each get 1 birdie,Paulitix birdies the 7th,but bogies the 9th to stay at -17

Bruin goes trough the front 9 in 1 under 35,the other 3 players are all at -3 33 for the round

At the turn :
    xyzvld22 -18
    Paulitix -17
    caz112 -13
    bruinboy20 -11

Stay tuned for the back 9 report...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Hole 10 Par 4 495 yds : after a birdie xyz is now tied for 2nd with the xbox trio at -19!!! Next stop the dreaded Amen Corner!!!

Hole 11 Par 4 505 yds: The foursome breezez trough the 11 as Paulitix,xyz and bruin get birdies and Jon Caroll pars.xyz is now solo 2nd at -20 for the tournament...

Hole 12 Par 3 155 yds: In swirling 15mph winds Paulitix drops another shot after missing a par putt,the other 3 manage to escape untouched with pars

Hole 13 Par 5 530 yds: Pars for Jon and Bruin. xyz birdies another one to get one behind the leader Dub-ya.Paulitix also birdies.

After Amen Corner :
    xyzvld22 -21
    Paulitix -17
    caz112 -13
    bruinboy20 -12

Hole 14 Par 4 440 yds : Once again Bruin(now at -13) shows off as the only player to score under par.Players now move to the par 5 15 where the wind seems to be directly at their faces

Hole 15 Par 5 530 yards: xyzvld22 is now tied for the tournament lead at -22!!! After a relatively short drive,he took about 15 seconds before deciding to lay up.The second shot put him in exact wedge yardage approach.Perfect execution lead to a 12 ft birdie putt,which he drained...

Meanwhile Paulitix decided to try to get on the green in 2 and came up just short and in the water.Failed up and down attempt resulted a bogie and a drop shot ( now at -16)

After shooting pars on 5 consecutive holes Jon Caroll finally gets a birdie (-14 for the tournament)

After 15:
    T1 xyzvld22 -22
    6 Paulitix -16
    T7 caz112 -14
    9 bruinboy20 -13

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Hole 16 Par 3 170 yds : A two stories tale

Absolute disaster for Paulitix as he sees 4 over 7 putting him out of tournament contention.Pauilitix got distracted when a reporter snapped his camera in the middle of his swing.He got caught in between resetting the swing or hitting.The result was a half a shot which landed in the water.The reporter was removed of the grounds and given the amount of talent Paul has shown we expect him to bounce back and be a favorite every week for the rest of the season...

Meanwhile xyz choked a 4 or 5 iron and watched as the ball got caught by the slope and snugged in 8 feet from the hole.Capitalizing on his birdie put xyz(-23) has 1 shot lead over Dub-ya and par-par finish will put him as a clubhouse leader

Hole 17 Par 4 440 yrd : xyz turns a tense moment into celebration.

After missing the fairway to the left xyz caught a flier out of the rough and watched nervously as the ball flew above the hole...He looked relieved as the slope was flatter then he expected and he was left with 23 ft 3'' downhill putt with slight right to left break...Fully expecting a 2 putt he was seen jumping in the air as his putt hit the left edge and dropped in for another birdie...

Jon Caroll also birdied to move to -15 and 6th place

Hole 18 Par 4 465 yds : Fairway,green and 2 putts gave xyz a par for a round of 63 (-24 for the tournament and a clubhouse lead).Paulitix birdied for 73.Jon Caroll pared for 67 and bruin also pared for a round of 71

Final

1 xyzvld22 63 -24
    ? Paulitix 73 -13
    6?Jon Caroll 67 -15
    ? bruinboy20 71 -12

4. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    shit re reading this my english sucks lol

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

nice write up, sounds like you guys had a crazy round. xyz solid round with all the marbles on the table, not sure if anyone else can catch you so congrats!

6. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Congrats, sir. I didn't quite pull a "Rory", but it wasn't real pretty -- I watched in horror on 11, what felt like a good shot sail WAY left and into the water and led to a double bogey, never really got it together after that. But well done X

7. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Thank you guys

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nice job XYZ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.