Even Jordan Is A Hater!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Even Jordan Is A Hater!

Wow, why won't people just realize LBJ put himself in the best position to win a championship? Amazingly, DWade and Bosh aren't getting ridiculed for this move. LBJ doesn't want to be Jordan, he wants to be a champion. Don't understand why Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce were never "hated" on for coming together for a ring. They were actually applauded for it. But when Lebron wants to find some battle tested teammates its' the end of the world.

Jordan's comments

He also has a youtube video saying Kobe is better than Lebron. He used to avoid that question until Lebron went to the Heat. I love MJ but he should have had breakfast before he woke up and started hating.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

It's about how he did it man that's why people are up in arms. Nonoe of those guys did an hour special with out giving their former employer and home notive until a couple minutes before.

Jordan is the prolly one of the most competitive people on the planet. His 6 championships and gambling debt prove that. He is jsut saying he'd rather beat those guys than join together to form the Miami Globetrotters. That's all.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

People hate LeBron because he had a 1 hour special to announce where he was going to play... and he didn't tell his team until right before that, so there was no chance at signing anyone else in free agency.

I don't think he had the intention of coming back to Cleveland... It would be the Heat if Wade could lure Bosh... and the Bulls if they couldn't pull that off.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Yea yea.... Jordan never needed to call up Anyone because he had pippen and Grant, and then pippen and rodman.... And pippen was part of the dream team.... Bird had his trio, and magic had theirs.... it's not comparable because those guys were on teams 2 other all star talents or even hall of fame talent. It's not like they were are alone on their franchises.... so it's not the same. I really dislike when people keep making that comparison. I'm sure if Lebron had Deron Williams and Garnett or someone in Cleveland he would not have left.... same for Wade and Bosh.

5. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Man speaks the truth..... (y)

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Garnett and Allen were traded for - they didn't all get together one summer and decide they would go to the same team. And Garnett certainly didn't have a one hour, self-promoting press conference before announcing he'd become a Celt before all three of them having some kind of pre-season pep rally after all had signed the dotted line.

People forget when the Celts traded for Allen originally a lot of Cs fans were pissed about the whole thing and wondering why they'd go after an aging shooting guard who at the time looked like his best days were behind him (this was after missing out on the number one overall pick they should have gotten).

It wasn't until the Cs made the trade for Garnett that things feel into place.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jordan, Bird, and Magic made those players infinitely better than they would have been without playing with them. As Lebron is the reason why Mo Williams was an all-star. It's about how he did it not that he did it!

8. SDMDTSU

SDMDTSU Walk On

Yeah...and LeBron didn't leave a crap team. He left a team with the best record in the league TWO YEARS IN A ROW. When Jordan was trying to get past Detroit...he didn't go somewhere else to be someone else's Scottie Pippen.

Funny how when they were winning and posing for pictures on court and all that...the team was fine. Dancing after 3s while you're blowing a team out? It was all good then right?

Karma....that's what it's called. And if he doesn't get it done in Miami...it's just gonna be worse.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why is everyone trippin' off the special? What did the Cavs do during the rest of free agency? Nada... they didn't even release the man that was freakin' Gloria (LBJ's mom). C'mon son, you don't do that nor do you go after a legitimate wingman for the King then get mad when he bolts? Whoever hates Lebron for going where he has a better opprotunity to win can enjoy the bottom next year rootin' for the Cavs. Crucify a man because of a 1 hour TV special, like a press conference really would of been enough. That was one of the biggest free agent announcements in the NBA's history. Not directin' this towards you, I'm just sayin'.

Exactly. Alot of people forget after Michael retired the first time the Bulls were still one of the top teams in the East. Not taking anything from the G.O.A.T but the Bulls' GM at the time put together a team. Not just people who will stay outta Jordan's way. If it wasn't for the Orlando Magic (Penny/Shaq/Dennis Scott and year two Horace Grant) the Bulls could of played the Rockets for the title both years (I think MJ came back the during the second year playoffs vs. the Magic). All Clevland had to do was put a team around LBJ and he would of stayed. Like you said Bird (Kevin McHale/Robert Parrish) and Magic (Jabbar/Worthy/AC Green) had their 'Big 3s' but LBJ is not. I don't understand that.

Kobe called.. he said he just installed some seatbelts so you can ride his di... ehh.. i don't know you... my name is Ray... welcome to TF... just thought I'd introduce myself before the Reign sets in:D... Certified Laker Hater, lol.

Well 70 million people thought it was important... just sayin'

Not So Fast My Friend. Bird made Kevin McHale better? Robert Parrish better? You need to go check the stat books homie and realize they (well at least McHale) made Bird better. And I don't think Magic made Jabbar any better that skyhook was going to go in regardless(y)

The Cavs will be a joke without Lebron. He was their everything. He made everybody ten times better but when he needed them to walk on their own (the playoffs) they couldn't do it. That was how Jordan's early teams were as well but Jordan didn't have the early success that LBJ had (2007 Finals apperance) therefore setting the bar twice as high as it should be. Just my 2 cents though.

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I don't know why people try to talk sense in these Lebron **** polishers. Just give it up. They're going to blindly love the dude even if ******* own moms. It's ridiculous how blind these people are to how much of a jackass Lebron really is.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And I assume you know him personally to consider him a jackass??

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd like to get an explanation on the term hater

Hater = anybody who has an opinion that doesn't praise a guy?

Like... Could Hitler (were he alive today) just dismiss people as "haters" for not agreeing with ethnic cleansing? Where is the line drawn?

I think it's a ridiculous term and would like to come to an understanding. Seems like in our world today it's a faux paux not to agree with everbody else's opinion. Sorry call me whatever you want I'm entitled to an opinion, and so is Michael Jordan.

Hater.... lol... such a crutch.

13. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Lets also mention that Pippen was an mvp caliber himself and took the Portalnd Trailblazers deep into the playoffs without Jordan when he was at the end of his career. Pippen ws a 7 time all star, 3 time NBA First Team selectio, 2 time NBA Second Team selection, 8 time NBA Defensive First Team selection, 2 time NBA Second Team Selection, he is the only forward to ever lead the league in steals, he is also the only forward to ever lead the league in steals, and of course has 6 rings. He was also named one of the Top 50 NBA PLayers of All Time.

Rodman is the best rebounder to ever play and one of the best defenders to ever play. He was a 7 time NBA First Team Defensive selection, and a 7 time NBA Rebounding Champion. No one else has eve lead the league more than 3 years in a row.

This isn't even going to mention Kukoc, Kerr, and Grant....

So Chuck saying "Jordon didn't leave because he couldn't beat Detroit, be stayed until he beat them" and not giving credit to any else is absolutely ridiculous.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Actually what your doin' right now is hating. Hating in my words is going out of your way to belittle someone or something. What your stating now is irrelevant to the conversation but yet you bring it up for no apparent reason.

Now if you don't understand language used in urban culture there is a simple solution... don't use it. You seem smart enough to understand the context in which the word is used but yet you still question its meaning? Your just finding something to nitpick, its really not that serious.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't know about hater, but the term douchebag comes to mind.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm with Helli on this one. Hater is used as a crutch. It's used as a way to deflect criticism as irrelevant because of its origin. It's like saying a kid's opinion doesn't count because he's a kid, or a woman's doesn't count because she's a woman. There are very real reasons for any sports fan not to like what LBJ did. Leaving in free agency is one thing. It's his right, and while I was disappointed, I can't exactly call him wrong.

But twisting the knife the way he did is perhaps the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen an athlete do. It was an absolutely ridiculous display, and he should be ashamed of himself. Of course he won't, because he's probably been taught that self gratification is the only thing that has value in this world. The discovery that this is not the case will be a harsh awakening when it comes. Let's just hope this kind of thing doesn't become a trend.

Bird, Jordan, Magic - these guys were different players in a different time. They had their own situations and obstacles, and were their own kinds of champions. But they were also different kinds of men. They had a different set of ideals. It's like Bob Knight or Coach K. vs. John Calipari or Bob Huggins - they all have done great things, but took very different paths to get there. Some guys believe the process matters, and other guys think only wins matter.

LBJ just became the player's Huggy Bear, and he lost a good bit of integrity in the process. He'll win, but he'll never reach the pinnacle now. That spot is reserved for those who did it the hard way.

17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Well said, Archie, well said.

Jerzey - btw - is Magic a 'hater' too? He's come out and said that he would never have done what LBJ did as well.

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This convo is a joke. Jordan and everyone else in the world is right. You can't deny what LBJ just did smh at these debates

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You agree with Helli but yet barely make a case for what was brought up. These TF cliques are some killers man:cool:

I don't disagree with anything you said but Lebron deserves to have the teams the legends had around them. I could easily just turn everything you said right back to you and start a debate but there is no point. Cliques 1 Jerzey nil

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm closing this shit down. Nothing productive will come out of this thread.

If you still have differences of opinions, take it to PMs.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    There are no cliques here. You act like we all hang out outside of what you see on the forums...

There is a difference between a debate and an indifference of opinion. This thread is the latter. You can't debate something that doesn't contain facts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.