Every Dog Has His Day

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Michael Vick was in attendance for the most highly anticipated dog fight this season. Mississippi St received the kickoff, but was forced to punt on their first possession. Georgia wanted to establish their identity running the ball and was able to drive the ball up field, but when Aaron Murray went back to pass he had the wind knocked out of him and forced the backup QB to take some snaps. With some questionable play calling Georgia was looking at a 4th and 17 from the 41 yard line, but the backup completed a pass into double coverage to put them inside the ten yard line and in position to go up 7-0.

Mississippi State was forced into another punting situation and on the very first offensive play the Georgia running back bobbed and weaved for a 55 yard scamper to put them up 14-0. Mississippi St felt the air come out of the stadium except for the corner where the 10,000 Georgia fans were screaming like they were back home at a KKK rally. Georgia was looking to put pressure on the QB - Russell and sacked him on two consecutive plays, but on a 3rd and 17 he found Smith for a 53 yard pass on a laser. MSU capped off the drive with a two yard touchdown run to come within seven, but that was the closest they'd come to catching up. The Bulldogs turned two turnovers into points and scored on a 69 yard TD pass with 37 seconds left in the half to take a 35-7 halftime lead.

Michael Vick came into the Mississippi State locker room at halftime and gave one of the best speeches these young men will ever hear. To paraphrase "Mississippi State had the best pitt bulls back in my dog fighting days and you b!tches better get back out there and repeat what my Eagles did on Sunday night to the Giants with a comeback".

Vick's words were an inspiration and Mississippi State was able to force their first turnover of the game with a forced fumble and recovery. Two plays later and they were right back in the game with a touchdown.

Mississippi State was able to bring the score to 21-42 and forced another turnover, but as they as they drove down to the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Russell was intercepted in the back of the end zone. Georgia then went on a 7 play 99 yard drive to break the score back open to 49-21.

2. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Good game dude. Your running game was hard to stop. It seemed like u could get to the outside anytime u wanted. Congrats on giving miss st.its first loss in their coaches 18 game career.

3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Good game dude. Your running game was hard to stop. It seemed like u could get to the outside anytime u wanted. Congrats on giving miss st.its first loss in their coaches 18 game career.

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Not to cause any drama but you went for it on 4th and 17 early in the game? What's that about?

5. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

I went for it on 4th and 17 from his 41 yard line, not my own. My punter will just kick it out of the end zone so I'm willing to give it up there if we don't get it. If this is not allowed, then I'll start punting from there, but early in the game is probably the right time to try it since nothing is really decided in the 1st quarter.

6. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Thanks man, and yeah, that was the difference between our game from last season and this one. You had those two monster outside linebackers that I couldn't turn the corner on.

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Umm, that's not Sim at all. No way a coach goes for it from that distance at that point in the game. Also you punter won't kick it out of the endzone if you put some hang time on it and don't kick full power.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah Pac12, I totally missed this but that is completely not allowed. Not a single coach in America, including Bill Belichek, goes for a 4th & 17. 4th & 1-2-3, ok maybe. 17...no.

Punt it next time. Aim for the sidelines or hang it straight up. Wont go into endzone

9. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

You guys clearly haven't seen Les Miles coach a game......

Anyways, I'll punt there from now on. It was aggressive, but not unheard of.

One stat that was overlooked, Georgia also racked up 10 sacks on defense

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah thats a nono. I would have majorly pissed b/c I know I would have gave up a first down on 4th and 17.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this happened to me too...similar situation, different opponent/league.