Everybody Check This and Vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Timpegoose, Oct 21, 2010.

?

Should we keep team selection to 3 star or below teams?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, and allow current members to switch teams.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, and don't allow current members to switch teams.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

So I'm thinking about opening up the team selections to include 4 and 5 star programs since a couple of us should be progressing to that, and hopefully it will generate more interest from new members. I would open it up to any of you to switch first, if you want, before I make the teams open to new members if we decide to go that route. I need everybody to vote on this. Thanks guys.

2. Devilfan20

Devilfan20 Walk On

I voted no - but only because I couldn't say ok to 4-star programs but no on 5-star programs. I have no problem with someone jumping in and grabbing one of the middle 4-star programs, but I don't really want to start playing a user controlled really strong team like Florida, Alabama, Miami, etc. in the event that any of those programs fall to 4 or 5 stars.

Edit: to clarify my thinking - I think a dynasty is most fun when you *earn* your success over a period of time. I think its ok to let a new guy start at about parity, in my opinion a four star program, but I think its a bit unfair to some to let them start ahead of some of the other members with superior prestige and/or superior talent.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to check those team's prestige yet, but I was assuming they were still 6 stars which is why I didn't include them. I was thinking more along the lines of UNC, Clemson, maybe Arkansas, and avoiding teams like Florida, Alabama, Miami, and Va Tech.

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I voted no and to allow user to change if they wanted b/c we've already kinda started this with Auburn (5-star) in the league. Also, most of the 4-star teams are still way of talent wise than the Bama's and Florida's of the world.

Plus, it would hopfully attract more users for the commish to choose from and hopfully a more stable league.

5. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

I voted yes because the whole fun of a dynasty is building a team up, not taking a premade team and dominating.

6. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

I think open up to 4 star maybe 5. Auburn shouldn't be in use. I wanted to use Arkansas and they are 3 stars but they were supposedly too good and wasn't allowed to use them.

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

When you say opening up, are you saying we might be opening teams in other conferences or still ACC/SEC? As the person who is Auburn, when I joined Mr. Kasperson told me it was Auburn or Ole Miss. When the time came to have my tryout game Ole Miss was gone. Not saying this because I am Auburn, but my team is even with most of your teams, both on the field and recruiting. I think my most important question since people feel as though Auburn shouldn't be used is if the vote is no but allow users to change to change schools, am I going to be forced/strongly recommended to change schools?

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

No, I am fine with you as Auburn as long as you want to stay there. That's what you came in as so I see no reason to make you switch. I was going to keep it in the ACC/SEC, just giving the option to use teams like Clemson, UNC, Arkansas, or some of the other non-elite teams. I would probably ban Alabama, Florida, Va Tech, and Miami (that's off the top of my head so there may be 1 or 2 I missed).

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

The options for this vote are somewhat confusing. Just to be sure voting Yes means only 3 star and below teams. No and allow current members to change says all teams available and users who want to change can do so. And finally no and current members dont switch says new members have free reign but current members have to stay with their teams. Am I correct?

10. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

It means that if you vote know then users are allowed to switch teams but supers powers like alabama and Florida etc. Are off limits. As for auburn. I just thought it was a 3 star and below league and auburn is 5 stars. That's where I was confused.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I also thought the options were somewhat confusing, I don't think any of the current users should switch teams. I do not want the potential new members getting free reigned to choose whomever they want. I am open to the idea having another conference involved. If we somehow can get at least three other members to join they can either enter the Big 12 or the Big East. The Big 12 works because the SEC, and ACC have conference championship games. The Big East works because practically every team except maybe one or two in my opinion are rated three stars or worse.

12. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

maybe just post league openings and dont mention the team selection restrictions to see if there is any interest. are potential new members backing out once they find out the restictions or are you not getting any apps.

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sorry for the poll being confusing. It made sense in my head when I posted it lol. Since its all even I'll try to make a new thread in the new members lounge and see if I can get more people interested with the current restrictions (so they'll be coming in as Duke, Kentucky, Virginia, or South Carolina). Its not that they're backing out once they find out the restrictions, I just haven't gotten any apps at all. I'm leaving until late tomorrow night here pretty soon, so I'll make the post Saturday night or Sunday afternoon and see if I can get any interest. If not I'll probably try to post it in the locker room and see if that helps anything.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Does that mean you are not advancing until tomorrow? My mom is coming to town today, and I might need some extra time to get the game. Most likely I would get it in early Saturday morning, just advise if you are able to check this

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I would not mind seeing the Big XII used with teams like Baylor, Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas St, Kansas, or TAMU. Plus, that would give them a conference championship game, like the SEC and ACC already have.

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I actually do like that idea of adding the Big XII. It would hopefully be easier to add teams since we'll have a larger variety. It has a similar structure as well, with a couple of elite teams and a couple of bad teams.

I'm going to make one more post with our original teams available and if I have no responses by Wednesday I'm going to add the Big XII and see if that gets any interest.