Archived Everyday I'm Shufflin': Possible Team Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Feb 6, 2012.

?

How should we realign ourselves?

1. 4 Users In 3 Conferences (from current point in OD)

36.4%
  2. 6 Users In 2 Conferences (from current point in OD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 12 Users In 1 Conference (from current point in OD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4 Users In 3 Conferences (restart the OD)

18.2%
  5. 6 Users In 2 Conferences (restart the OD)

18.2%
  6. 12 Users In 1 Conference (restart the OD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't want to do any of this!

27.3%
  8. I have another idea (Explain In Post Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Please Post What You've Voted For. We will probably set a time to discuss this in the blast group later in the week. We'll probably discuss the details of whatever wins out here (like conferences).

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I voted for 6 in 2 conferences with a restart. The only reason I'd prefer that is that everyone gets a fresh start AND no one is given an ufair advantage when it comes to recruiting.

And that is if we wanted to change. I have no problem continuing on the route we're on but if guys want more user games, we have to do something like this. And with our check and balances in Chaos, whoever wins the natty would have earned it.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

First 3 options are good to me, I don't really want to restart...

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Its too late to start over this late in process. Teams are and will even our in a few seasons with recruiting restrictions and Penn state and ND are taking advantage of your coaching contras rule you made but seem to have forgot that helps them since cc sucks. They fulfilled their contract so they can move, anyone else sucks for them, they gotta wait. However with a restart I do get to take advantage of my favorite teams ridiculous roster, no taking them over in rebuilding mode as I did

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Voted for 4 users, 3 conf. will give 2-3 built in conf. games, and allow flex for non conf.user games....no restart

we do 6 in SEC and PAC12 in HOF its very demanding on scheduling user games...

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How are you going to say people have to stick to the CC when you moved to Alabama on something similar? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you moved to Alabama after getting your ass kicked at Miami -- I'm not saying but I'm saying...

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

No I finished my contact with Miami remember I tried to get an offer from bama through cc but only Mich st offered and I got forced to army...yea played my whole contract and I left cause acc, was boring and had the shittiest bowl tie In's. Anyways im just saying its also unfair to tubbs who actually finally built his team up to start over why? But again ill be at bama so I could care less ill start on top.

Edit: nm I change my vote more users = less chances for cpu losses. Shit in 6 season only knightnoles, stiffy, and gridiron has beaten me, so now my greatest nemesis the cpu gets less chances at me.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

It doesnt matter to me if we restart or not or move to custom conferences or not...either way we can do both seeing that we have 5 months until 2013... remember that this is the time when people start to get bored and leagues slow down...we will need something to freshen things up soon...already smace and rich are getting bored and want to switch...jerz, bbk, fred and lh have already switched...kn will never switch as long as he wins...Kentucky yea right that will never happen lol...

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He's afraid of going to Kentucky because he know I'd go to Knoxville ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Really tryin to push me to UK...

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Doesn't matter to me -- next release I'm going back to Knoxville regardless -- mainly because I hate losing with my favorite team.

• Like Like x 2
  12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I voted to not change anything, I would be cool with whatever you guys decide though, as long as I can keep the Buckeyes (y) hahha

13. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

i voted for 4 users per conf with no restart, pointless to restart (imho), even though I am at dream job I would move to fill out the OD...I like the challenge of playing powerhouse user teams with a rebuilding program

14. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

I am with dredd here... i like the challenge of trying to play heavy hitters with a lesser team, and do have my dream job at Oregon... but i voted for 4 teams per and a restart although i am too new to matter and dont care really how it goes down...

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

i voted 4 teams. thats always the best way to go.

2 users per division, each user plays 1 ooc team from each conf.

i was going to Colo or Wash in the PAC 12 really when il started all this. Both schools just hired a coach.

I say no restart and i cant hate on dudes that want to play wit there schools. For me regardless im playing at one of three schools. Colorado, then UDUB(wash), and as a last resort LSU, I would even go Uconn if they moved to another conf.

This release i went deep in ACC confs and Big 12, I been going with SEC dynasties since OD came out and had a BAMA squad every year i still know all them fresh that are still really there. I want to head west for a change.

In the OD whe been doing since NCAA 09 we simmed forward 10 years to 2031 to change it up and give it some new flavor. most users have no players higher than 92 and only a few guys in the 90s.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i voted wrong, i meant 6 and 2 no restart. i actually picked 6 and 2 with a restart

17. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i voted restart for my own selfish reasons of wanting to start out with all of you even... but... you can ignore my vote i am too young of a member to have a say so in this...

18. smace767

smace767 Walk On

i vote to not go back. I hate seeing the same players Luck and Richardson. we could go forward 4 or 5 years. everybody starts from a cpu recruited roster.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

that sounds like a cool idea

20. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I voted for 4 users in 3 conferences from the current point. Obviously i've been away for a long time so take my vote for what it's worth. I don't think it would be fair to those who have built their teams to make them start over and not see the long term fruits of their labor.

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

To be honest im the only one who built anything......

• Like Like x 1
  22. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

so how do you weigh in on this tubb?

23. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

It doesn't matter what we do. However, if we don't restart and if certain teams (i.e. Penn State, Notre Dame, Auburn and Florida State) keep their teams they should be put in the same conference. It is already to easy for them to get to the natty with everything virtually being given to them (except for bbk who had miami art first) at the beginning.

I have no problem restarting either. You guys know I built SMU and that's all that matters. The idea of advancing 5 seasons so no one has the same team/rosters is intriguing however I suspect the same teams will have the same hoarded rosters. Restarting with the same recruiting restrictions would be ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

EShh make a decision quick, this thread is kinda ruining the luster of the seaso(killing motivation not for NCAA just this particular season) not knowing if its even gonna count atm.

Also every roster or team who didn't have a user building up (Miami) is fucked up...there. is no point in punishing people if we move to the 3 conference format if they have to play with those bad teams. It wouldn't have been bad with recruiting restrictions on from the start, now we see the results of user hoarding and bad cpu roster management logic.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

"user hoarding and bad cpu roster management logic." is the main issue period.