EVERYONE check in

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Aug 10, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

EVERYONE check in

Please respond below and let us know how you think things are going so far. What should we change/update for next season? Any complaints or suggestions to improve the league?

I'm also going to check this and get an understanding of who is checking the forums, and how often. SO POST something, anything and let us know you are still kicking around and staying up to date with the community.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Hey there.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The only issue I see is the pace. While I was gone on vacation for a week I missed more than half of the season in The Deuce. Now I don't expect us to keep up a pace like that but we should be farther along than week 4.

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I concur. This was a dynasty i was really excited about but the pace is killing that right now.

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Not only the pace, but also the fact that there is zero participation in the summaries forum. Granted, I haven't posted anything either, but when you don't see much coming from anyone else, it's kinda hard to get up for doing it yourself.

And communication in general is pretty lacking. No idea when things are progressing to the next week or anything.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    *sneeze*

I'm here and I'm trying to keep up here. It's been hard with the deuce and the website, I thought I would have more free time.

One thing I would suggest, Diggin, is to make the advancement notices a bit more prominent. I like the system I use in TT II, but I'm not saying it's what you should use. Just something else that tells us that we advanced, what week we are on, and who plays that week. Your advancement thread gets burried and you can't tell where we are at until you actually open it up.

7. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Exact;y, increase the pase. More participation in the summaries form, the Islander is going to have all 4 game's written up after once you advance.

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

The pace has been bothering me too guys. Not too much I have been able to do about it. I am generally one of the first people done my week so we need to all keep an eye on eachother.

I'll post it more clearly, I have an advance thread that I update everytime and even put a final date on advancing this week of Sunday... that clealry didn't work cause the User game is being played tonight. We can all work on the pace together and I'll do my best to promote the game summaries and team updates. I'll do Advance notices like The Deuce, im in that OD and it runs so goddamn fast I can barely keep up!

Thanks for the suggestions boys. Going forward I'm going to be a little more cut throat advancing the week. I hate it just as much as you guys when I log on and we are waiting on one or two people after three days. From now on if there is no User game and you haven't played the CPU after 72 hours your game will be simmed unless you request otherwise and its a valid reason.

I'm really caught in a tough spot becuase I dont want to push anyone out of the OD. We will be stuck with a "fake" team in the NCAA forever and I'm sure noone is going to want to take over a fictional team.... but if we have to lose a guy or two to keep the other 10 owners happy than it just might have to happen and we'll let the CPU take over their programs.

9. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Pick up the pace! Advancment notices and stick with the dates and times. If I don't get my game in, them SIM it. I would take a sim over bogging the league down anytime.

10. Peerless_27

Peerless_27 Walk On

Sim my game also if I am slowing down the pace.