Everyone please read.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Everyone please read.

Guys,

I'm just going to ask, since I feel like everyone has been talking about it anyway. I have heard from a couple of different members of this dynasty who feel that I am not commited to this league and that I am holding the dynasty up.

I am going to honestly say that I feel a little bit angry about it, but I've always said that this league isn't one person, and if I am causing an issue because I play my games in The Deuce before this one, I understand. I also think the consensus from this group of people is that I am a little draconian about the sliders (which I happen to love, but *shrug*).

So the situation comes to this:
    1) Do I need to give someone else the reins to run this dynasty better?
    2) Since I am holding the league up, do I need to leave the league?

Shaun

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No and No

We are advancing at a super fast rate as it is, as for the sliders do what you feel will be best league wide, not just for a few guys.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

no and no

the league doesnt have a 24 hr advance.

yet

we have moved through 6 weeks in less then a week

I think everything is great

plus I dont dislike the sliders

could be tougher but the line between TOUGH and CPU CHEATING is to small to find and ur RIGHT there with your adjustments

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I was just kidding about quitting your job. You have to be able to fund your live account somehow.

I'm not able to commit to 24 hour advances, so how could I ever ask anyone else to? I don't feel as if you're holding the dynasty up. We all have times were we can't play as fast as we want....its just part of life.

I don't feel that you need to leave, Shaun.

The slider issue..........ugh. No dynasty will ever be able to make everyone happy with its sliders. One guy wants em tougher, another guy wants em easier. The huge gap between spread rushing and traditional rushing attacks means that no slider set will ever be perfect for this game.

Personally, I like where we are right now slider wise. Other than all the broken tackles on defense.............see? Cant make everyone happy.

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

The Experience was founded on letting those with lives, families, and wives, live out there life and enjoy these ODs. If anyone's being pushed to get their stuff in faster the the three day normal deadline (serious push, not the jab shots that are given in a joking manner), then it's those people that need to leave the OD.

I want to puke everytime I see this. We cheat more then the cpu.

- Cpu has rules that cause it to start a horrible QB just because it's awareness is higher.

- CPU must mix man, zone and blitzing, despite everythime they man up, blitz, or lean back in zone, they get crushed.

- The CPU must mix in outside/inside runs despite being denied on every inside run.

- The CPu must start a overall 84, 80 spd, 82 agi, 86 acc WR/CB/HB/Safety, over a averall 80, 99 spd, 99 agi, 99 acc WR/CB/HB/Safety

- CPu can't take an athlete that is better at FS, and switch him to LB just because his height, weight and block shedding falls into the right category for the commish to ok the switch.

- etc...

Point is if you had to play by the CPU rules, you'd think users cheat like a M'fer! :D

6. DreSmithJr

the CPU also controls the frequency of broken tackles, blow coverages, etc. we play against a cpu so at anytime it can decide to win. lol.

but this isnt about sliders

its about HOW cool shaun is..

(y)

7. Hova

Agreed pyscho

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Woah!

No way Shaun I think your doing an excellent job. I too was only kidding about you holding up the league this time. I don't care one bit that your the last one to play because once your done you can advance. As Hova said, things are moving fast enough as it is. The only reason I point out on the Advance thread when there is only 1 or 2 people left is just in case that person doesn't realize they are the only one left. I don't mean to rush anyone.

As for the sliders, I'm so bad at manipulating them myself that I try not to get too involved. I just give my 2 cents here and there, but I will play with whatever they are set at and I'll still enjoy it. So whatever gets decided upon is fine with me. Right now I think there good, if thats worth anything haha.

But ya, I'm sorry if I made you feel like you were holding us up, that was not my intention. I really enjoy this group and hope that we continue with the current interest level for a long while.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Shaun, I don't think you should quit, nor should you give up your commish role unless that is what you want to do (and given the insane amount of other stuff you do for this community who could blame you if you did). We've been advancing much faster than the first 2 seasons, which is cool, but I doubt it's a pace that will be maintained.

But, while I personally have no problem with people taking an extra day here and there to get games in due to real life matters, I will admit that it has irked me a bit here and there that this dynasty takes a back seat for you and Gators to the Deuce. I guess it would be nice once in a while to have games in this dynasty played first and let the Deuce guys wait a day (not like they don't advance fast enough anyway), but everyone has to do what they have to do.

Regarding the sliders, like Dakota said, you'll never get a set that pleases everyone. You have to do what you think is best for the group. My only request is that we avoid tweaking them as quickly as we have been for the past season or so. Any slider set can be good if you have time to adjust to them.

To wrap up - Shaun, if you are having fun playing with Ohio State, you should stay. Besides, if you leave, then who will help me take away recruits from Hova?

10. Hova

Only thing I'm tired of is people leaving the league * cough*perry*cough*

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

so much love in this thread.

12. DreSmithJr

not just a dynasty... we are a family LMAOOO

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You should get that cough checked out. I recommend laying off of high protein fluids

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I think you're doing a great job Shaun. I like having a tough set of sliders so you can't just walk through a game. I think the pace of the league is fine, and wouldn't rush anyone if they are getting things done in the 3 day window. So far so good!

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

This league has always been predicated on a slightly slower pace, and our constiuency dictates that. We have guys with all different schedules. Our pace is great, be it on fast weeks or slow weeks. This league has always been built on people not feeling pressured or singled out on how quickly they can play their games. I think we're doing fine.

I'll admit that this was prompted by a PM from me to Shaun, checking in to see how he was doing. On the surface, it seemed to me that he was possibly a bit overwhelmed with the two fast (well, one lightning and one quick) paced leagues AND the site overhaul. It was reassuring to hear otherwise.

My answer to your two questions, like others, is 'No and No'.

On the sliders, I love them where they are at.

Perry sucks.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No

No

keep up the work you do for the league and the community.

17. dakota7

Seems to me, we all can agree on one thing.

Perry sucks.

18. DreSmithJr

( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ ) ( -̩̩̩͡˛ -̩̩̩͡ )

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I feel like I missed something here....Perry leavin'?

In that case, F you ;)

20. Hova

Hard

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't know who is talking shit about you Shaun but they can stop...

You are doing a great job as commish, the activity is great IMO, GoGators holds us up more than you (HAHA..just messin), and the sliders are fine with me, I adjust quickly to whatever changes I notice. We will probably get the perfect set of sliders about 2 weeks before '12 drops and then have to figure them out all over again.

And Perry better not be quitting

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well whoever is talkin crap about the commish can't stop now...

1) You are a great commish, no complaints
    2) Advances are going to be fast, advances are going to be slow...going to have to deal with that
    3) Gators holds us up more than anyone (HAHA...just messin)
    4) Sliders are difficult to figure out, I adjust to whatever they are and don't care what they are. I'm sure we will figure out the perfect set about 2 weeks before '12 drops and they are irrelevant.

Keep doing what you do Shaun.

23. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Thank god you didn't mention me, because I would have stayed, but the commish kept holding the league up and I couldn't stand this slow ass pace... What? to soon? (y)

24. dakota7

Psycho, why don't you come back once we lose the dead weight (perry).

25. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This thread is the largest circle jerk I've ever witnessed (and I've witnessed quite a few!).