Everyone please read.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    League,

I've been contemplating this for a least a month now and frankly the only reason I haven't done this before is because I know it is going to dissapoint some of you. I really like where this dynasty is at the moment, I think the new guys (AJ, cougs, Pagamer) are solid additions and that the membership in this league is solid for the rest of this release and NCAA '12 in the future.

All of you know that I invest a giant amount of time into this website. Doing so has taken a toll on my personal life and my marriage. Somewhere I need to cut time to make more time for my wife and children. I have scaled back taking side programming work, and for the most part have the administration of this website down to a managable level.

The only thing left for me to cut is one of my leagues. It is going to be this league. I know I had mentioned to a number of you privately that this was coming for the '12 release, but I cannot afford to wait that long.

I consider all of you some of my favorite people on this site, and honestly I know that some of you are going to hold this against me. I have gotten to the point where I am making up excuses to avoid playing my games, and that is just foolish.

In the short term, I am going to put myself on autopilot. I can advance as needed. If someone wants to be "promoted" to commissioner, please let me know. If there is more than one person, we will work out who does what. The person(s) who take the league over will continue to lead the league going into NCAA '12.

Shaun

@AJ Hart MN
    @Big Suge Knight
    @JCspartan2
    @GoGators
    @Pagamer07
    @MaslerBoros16
    @blLL flo
    @dakota7
    @HovaTheGodMC
    @gowazzucougs

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I know I'm new here but I want to thank you for the opportunity to join up with these guys, this is a great league and whoever takes over for you I'm sure will do a great job. I'm sure everyone here knows how much work you put into this site and because of guy's like yourself, this site is as great as it is. It sucks the Experience will be the OD that's sacraficed but I think we'll all agree that if you think that's what's best for you, then by all mean's, do what you have to do. I'm sure we'll still see you around.[​IMG]

That's makes us 3 down (If Hova leaves), I don't know about you guys but I think we should try to fill these in somewhat of a timely manner.

As for commish duties, who would want the responsibility?? I was thinking of maybe trying to run one when 12' comes out but I don't think I want my first experience as a commish to be a Premier League..lol I know Pa probably runs the best OD on the site in the Redshirts so I'm pretty sure he is out. Hopefully one of the elder statesmen of the league can take over as it's basically their league. If we have to, is it possible to find a commish that's not even in the league yet??

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sorry to hear that Shaun, but obviously family and the site are big responsibilities. I've gotten a little overwhelmed before as well, and have done the same. I hope you get everything in order.

Ill keep my thoughts to myself until others can chime in.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm very sorry to hear that shaun. I had my suspicions but hoped that you would stick around for a while longer. I completely understand that if the dynasty just doesn't entertain you anymore and it becomes a chore to do your weekly duties than its not fair to yourself to continue to stick it out. It's been great gaming with you for the past couple years and I appreciate you giving me the chance to be a part of this dynasty this year. I hope sometime down the road we end up competing again. I appreciate all the work you've done for us in this dynasty as well as on the site as a whole.

As far as commish duties go I believe that I could take over if others would have me. I don't start med school for a few months (about when the '12 game drops) so at the very least I could get us through the remainder of the year. I would like to be able to continue through '12 as well. I've been a part of this league for the last couple years and I wouldn't want to see it whither and die. We have a very solid group of guys right now and I would like to see that continue. I'm in a few leagues right now, but if you guys would like me to take over I will definitely cut one of my others to dedicate myself to this one (which I was probably going to do anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  5. AJ Hart MN

+1 for JC

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Shaun, like JC said, I think we could see this was coming. You spend A LOT of time doing the admin of this website and if you want any personal time/family time, something has to give. I don't think anyone can or should hold that against you. Thank you for everything you do for this community.

7. PAgamer07

I would love that JC, and I think you would do a great job. You're a vet here on the site and know what works and what doesn't as well as what a premier league is all about.

This is my opinion and I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings or make it seem like I am stepping on any toes.

I think we need to pause the league. Get rid of the dead weight, and fill all openings. I don't think having a coach on autopilot is going to improve things, so hopefully someone can take Shaun's place at OSU.

Like was said in a previous thread there are some people who are barely around in this league and it feels kind of stagnant in comparison to some of the other Premier leagues. I think during our pause, we need to get a head count of who is actually here and contributing or is just going through the motions. Now would be the perfect time that if you don't have the time, or whatever for those people to be replaced.

We should really try to find someone to fill the vacancy who is willing to do some content. I have a couple guys in other league's who I think would do good jobs at this and hopefully they would be interested.

This just doesn't feel like a premier league should feel to me, and I am sure a couple of you have the same thoughts. I think a change in leadership, a change in personnel can only help us be successful. Shaun did a great job when he had time. But it was painfully obvious he did not have the time to dedicate to being commisioner of a premier league. Not trying to be an asshole, just a realist and I am hoping you understand Shaun.

In any event, I think this move is a great move and I highly recommend JC for the position.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

While I agree with you that there are some that don't contribute as much as others I don't think a pause is the right way to go. This league is already moving along slower than it should be and a pause will only serve to decrease interest and enthusiasm that much more. I don't think it will take more than a week to fill Shaun's spot, and we can start looking for a replacement for Hova as well so there is no lag time between users there.

I do agree that we should do some sort of head count and make sure everyone is willing to contribute from here on out. At this point its important for us to get a group of 12 guys that are going to stick around through to the next game and contribute equally to the dynasty. As a premier league member you are expected to do a little more than post a game summary and leave it at that.

I don't want to do a whole-sale change in personnel right off the bat. The group we have right now is solid and can be successful, but I think the pace of the league has gotten to some people.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I will drop out as soon as you guys find a replacement, I dont want to hold a new guy up since I am leaving anyways. I will keep playing and if you find a replacement for my spot let me know and I will drop out.

10. dakota7

I don't want to see a pause either. We can push along with less than 12 until we fill the spots. JC, thanks for stepping forward.

11. PAgamer07

I just recommended a pause so the dust can settle and we can get stuff sorted out. The Experience has been through several transitions later and hasn't paused yet, so I am sure it's good to keep trucking along.

12. AJ Hart MN

Completely against a pause. We go slow enough.. I was kind of hoping we would pick up the pace a bit. I also agree it shouldn't be too difficult to find a couple of guys to take over these Miami and Ohio St teams. I heard they have some talent on those squads. [​IMG] Hopefully we can find a guy that has the patience to take over a SEC East team. I know it's probably frustrating to get your butt kicked by Gators on a yearly basis but someone has got to beat him. Surely Bama and LSU have given it their all but just haven't had the results yet.

I'm also in for the long haul. I'm really starting to like my team. I know next season is going to be a rebuilding one but hopefully we can win the Big-10 this season and somehow end up in the top 5. We're putting together a great class and it would be nice to see these kids through 4 more years.

Hopefully this is the last of the turnover now. I say take your time on finding the right guys JC. There's no point filling these spots quickly if were filling them again in a month. I'd rather it take two weeks to find the "right" guy than spend 2 days to find a guy comes in, loses a game or two then decides this isn't the right fit for him. I'll trust your judgement on whoever you bring in, I don't think we need a vote or anything like that, find a guy and let's move on.

One last thing and I know this will get a ton of different opinions.. What about the sliders?? I say tweak them slightly or just leave them alone for the rest of the season. Just my 2 cents, what are everyone's thoughts??

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Shaun - sucks to see you go man. I always appreciated the way you ran things around here and no doubt we will miss you around here. You do a lot of great things for the site and it's understandable you may need to contract some to keep your sanity lol. And as, JC said, hopefully we cross paths again in another league down the road. I still owe you some revenge from that fumble at the goal line lol!!

As, for the league... I think JC would be a good commish to consider as a replacement. If we follow the outline Shaun and the other vets of this league have laid out, we will be just fine going forward.

14. dakota7

@gowazzucougs

Are you interested in another switch? Miami is in much better shape than Georgia Tech......obviously. I think it would be more than fair to allow you to take over a team in better shape considering we made you leave your original team. I also think you deserve a team in good shape more than our replacement does.

It would also make us rivals in 2 leagues, which would be cool.

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It is sad to see you go Shaun, as everyone else has stated you do a lot for TSO, and then you have those long shifts at your job, I bet that really doesn't leave much time for much else. As for the Georgia Tech quandry, I will have to think about it. If things continue to go down hill I will definitely consider it.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sorry to hear about this Shaun but I completely understand. I quit being commish of The Rise just because I couldn't keep up and my fiance was starting to get pissed every time I had to jump up and advance or deal with some he said she said bullcrap. You've been here since I joined The Experience back when it was still in the OFFL as the Eleague so I have a great deal of respect for you, especially since you were Army back in '10. I hope we cross paths again someday on the gridiron or in the shoutbox, whichever. Best of luck with everything outside of TSO. But one question I do have, are we going to still play this Ohio State/Bama game or are you going on auto for that?

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I set myself to auto, so go ahead and get beat by the computer.:)

I appreciate all of you taking this so well, if something doesn't give for me I am going to end up divorced and I don't want that.

Anyway, I agree that JC will make a great commish. At next advance I will transfer commish over to him.

18. Hova

I will just go ahead and drop out now as well. No point in making Gators (was gunna pwn for sure ;) ) and Dakota go through me when I may not be finishing the season.

Good Luck and I will see you all around, probably next year for sure (NCAA 12)

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Could you put yourself on Auto then? We could probably advance tonight if the other 3 can get their games in.

20. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am going to get my game in tonight,

21. AJ Hart MN

Finished mine up a little bit ago.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

That just leaves the two user games that are being turned into CPU games.

23. Hova

I will retire from it now

24. dakota7

I'm at the firehouse today, so I can't play until tomorrow. Sorry........I would've played last night, knowing I'd be gone today. I will get it done asap tomorrow.

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I almost forgot to give you shit about this. I gave the U for you. The U, man. The U. And this is how you repay me.

OK i got it out of my system. Like I said just wanted to give you a little shit.