EVERYONE READ AND VOTE - FUTURE OF OMFL 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 12, 2010.

?

Option 1-3: Question 1 Option 4-6: Question 2

1. Would you pay a small fee to play in the OMFL? - YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Would you pay a small fee to play in the OMFL? - NO

69.2%
  3. Would you pay a small fee to play in the OMFL? - MAYBE (EXPLAIN IN A POST)

19.2%
  4. If you had to pay to be in the OMFL would you leave? - YES

11.5%
  5. If you had to pay to be in the OMFL would you leave? - NO

15.4%
  6. If you had to pay to be in the OMFL would you leave? - MAYBE (EXPLAIN IN A POST)

57.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

EVERYONE READ AND VOTE - FUTURE OF OMFL 2011

What's up guys. I don't want to give you guys all the information just yet, but I do need to put feelers out here. What I am going to do is post a 2 question, 1 poll thread. I am opening up so that you can pick as many as you want when you vote, so that we can have 1 poll for both questions.

There are some changes that are coming to the TF and the OMFL has been asked to participate. The Board knows of all the details and we are currently discussing all of our options.

Basically the point of this poll is to get feelers out to the league and get you guys to help give me some direction of what your willing and not willing to do.

We can work with everyone, so don't jump to conclusions before I announce what is 'really' going on. Please just vote and be honest and help us with our discussion.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I love OMFL, love TF, am a foundation member of this site.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

The only issue I would have besides people wanted to leave if they had to pay is that a can of worms may open. The moaning and the confrontation over rules and fair play would really be a bigger issue. There are plenty of questionable things that people do not voice displeasure about now just is not worth it. Once you charge(if you charge not saying that will be the case)people would start overreacting and find their "soap box" in my opinion and question every little thing being that they made an investment in the league. I am not one of those type of people myself but I know a bunch of people would be like that so we have to consider if that is worth it. Beside that I have no problem with a small fee at all you guys take a lot of your own time to provide a free service and at some point a small fee would help with that and also make the league even better with more options. Just my opinion..

4. natedawg212000

Ok guys, I didn't want to give a bunch of info, but there are too many questions to not too give you all the info. There are other things in the works but basically here is what I am talking about.

The TF (Tradition Football) is going to a system where there are two kinds of owners and leagues in this communtiy. The reason we came to the TF, verses being out on our own, was so that we could be in a community that beleives our core rules and would surround us with a group of owners to pull from to keep our leagues filled instead of having to just broadcast to every cheeser on EANet.

TF is making a move that would have premier leagues and then a free league. Premier leagues would consist of premier owners and these owners would pay a small fee ($12 a year or $50 a lifetime) to be in the TF. This money goes towards several upgrades listed here (benefits for being a premier league and owner): http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14609

If we move to premier status then everyone has to pay the $12 or the $50.

If we don't we can stay, with less (much less) support and less access to good owners (possibly).

So this is why I am posting this info to get some input from the league.

I am not looking to take your money, I know we play to have fun but if we want to take this league to the next level then it cost money. These forums, the website, all the stuff we have cost someone something.

We are discussing all of our options and I will not make a choice that will hurt the league in a major way.

Please vote and discuss.

5. natedawg212000

Good stuff Dunn, thanks for your input. I agree, it is a can of worms, but I feel with the very very very detailed rules that we have, a very very very large warning system (an owner had ample opportunity to change before booted), a board who as a whole votes and warns, and a TF board that helps us make these decisions; I feel confident that if a player is bad enough to boot after paying, that it will be handled properly.

Paying though does help with this issue, because most guys who are wanting a serious league and who are wanting to pay are willing to follow rules. Not saying it would be perfect, but it would help, I think.

Thanks again Dunn. Thats the kind of input I am looking for. Please keep 'em coming.

6. natedawg212000

For those owners who said you would leave, could you please let me know why you would leave and your feelings, just to help me understand the exact issues we are facing here.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Already paid $50 for a lifetime membership

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I dont think I would leave at all regardless of price.

But I thought I was going to be a part of another league for awhile until ....... well it is just not worth going into.

I am looking for a community to be a part of - tough to be as active as I want due to an arriving baby, a wife on bedrest, and a 2 1/2 year old - for the long haul.

Answered maybe to both questions but the reality is I would be open to paying if that is where the league goes and I haven't pissed off half the league by then :)

9. natedawg212000

tank your doing great man. you just hang in there and we will be patient with you as you take care of your family.

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i already donated 50 bucks before all this rolled out because i like what this website is all about. so im already "premier". there are also some cool user vs. user stats and rankings that get tracked when you are premier guys! i voted id pay anyways because id pay again if i had to since we all have such a great thing going here. you guys are like my friends ive never met. =-p

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im kinda in the middle on this. As Dunn said I think it could create some problems with people getting pissed because they have paid money into the league. That said this is an awesome website and a lot of people put time into the site and the leagues for free. I answered maybe to both questions just for the fact that I think we all need to voice our thoughts on what direction we go with the league if we are all paying. I am down to pay as long as our rules stay concrete (which I believe they will). By paying I think that the owners we do get would be more solid as far as not bailing on the league but also we may have a harder time finding replacements for empty teams if we have to get a newbie to pay. I love this league, I think it rocks and I just want it to continue and to continue playing in it.
    :beernana:

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If I understand correctly, If you pay the $12 dollar/yr fee instead of the flat $50 lifetime fee, you can only participate in one league at a time?

If so, that could be a deal breaker for me. I enjoy this site, and I would absolutely pay $12 to participate in these leagues that are honestly the best set-up I have ever seen. However I'm in 2 league now, so if I have to pay $12 and lose the privilege of being in more than one league at a time, I would have to think about that. That wouldn't make much sense from a benefit standpoint....

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

It's one PREMIER league per title... so for example, if you were in the OMFL that would be your premier Madden spot. You still have access to any Premier NCAA league, non-premier Madden league, The Show leagues, Forza leagues, FIFA Leagues. You just can't be in two Premier Madden Leagues without upgrading to the lifetime level.

make sense?

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Phew. Ok guys, Ryno saved me. I'm in then...

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you havn't seen nuttin' yet.... (y)

16. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I voted no but then again I'm relatively new here. At this time I don't really see the point in being in a premeir league. There are tons of leagues, and I'm pretty confident i can find one that I don't have to pay for.

17. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Agreed..

18. natedawg212000

again, like I said in AIM if the OMFL isn't different to you than any other cheesenet league then I totally agree that I wouldn't pay. Personally I think the OMFL is heads above the rest and totally good to pay $12. We are currently in talks to have donations to pay for everyone, but to be honest if you voted no I dont know that I want to pay for you to stay here.

19. natedawg212000

If moneys an issue, I'd totally pay. If you just dont think the OMFL is that good, then I dont think I will.

20. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

like someone said i am not sure if newbies and guys who recently joined will pay because they dont know completely what the OMFL is about, but i have been here since the OMFL started on TF, and its a no brainer its WELL worth the money i have been in several other leagues(not on TF) and this is the only one i have remained in, and i may even join a NCAA League in July on TF

21. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

My thoughts exactly Nate.

22. natedawg212000

I feel like I should post more than just leaving what I put. I am really not trying to be a pecker. We've cut ties with some good owners, the old cowboys guy cade was one of them. Some guys just don't get that much out of the OMFL and that's cool. If you don't and this is just 'another' league that is not different than anything else then I totally agree with you that I wouldn't pay, but if we do this donation deal and pay for the league as a whole, then you can't expect me to want to use peoples hard earned money on a guy who doesn't even think the league is worth $12.

23. natedawg212000

Rude, it's guys like you that we build the OMFL for. Thank you for your comments! That is exactly what we are trying to build here in the OMFL.

24. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

i'll pay, it's well worth the money, also thinking about joining some of the other leagues, just got Forza, yeah

25. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

At first I was like wow pay to play madden its like xbox live but then I thought about the guys I have met and talked to in this league and the fun games I have played for the most part and 50 dollars is a small price to pay to know u have a spot and league that u are locked into