EVERYONE READ - CAPBOOK STEPS AND TRADES

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

EVERYONE READ - CAPBOOK STEPS AND TRADES

Ok guys let me help everyone out here.
    First, no trades can be posted until the following is done:
    Cap books posted with progression and regression and new cap figures.
    Cap book is signed off and agreed upon by Frisk, Dunlap, or Jeremy.

If those 2 things are NOT done then you may NOT post a trade.

Second, to do your cap book you must do the following.
    Go to the current cap book.
    Copy what is posted for your team.
    Paste in a NEW year 3 team management thread
    Go to the madden franchise website
    Go player by player and see which players progressed and regressed.

IF A PLAYER PROGRESSED

then you highlight that players name and his overall in BLUE writing with his new overall.

If he progressed to the point where it puts him in a NEW cap figure, then you change his cap figure to the NEW figure and highlight that in blue also.

IF A PLAYER REGRESSED

then you do the opposite. you highlight the players name who REGRESSED in RED and change his overall to his NEW overall and highlight that in red also. HIS CAP FIGURE DOES NOT CHANGE!!

We have set this system up to be NFL like. If a player was traded to your team with his overall as his current cap figure (non-free agent) then his contract never changes. It is his original contract. If the player is on your team and was there when the OMFL started, then he is under his original contract, and that never changes. The ONLY contracts that can change or that carry cap hits are the ones for players who were FREE AGENTS! if you have a old player who is being paid more than he is worth (weather you traded for him or not) then the only way to 'reset' his contract to equal his overall is to RELEASE him and try and resign him.

If you can not follow this system then get with me.

Last year we had a mistake and MOST teams were not done correctly. My team WAS done correctly, but now that we are doing the cap book with new people we have found that most were not. Because of this we will simply start it this year. So if a player regressed from last season to this season his cap figure WILL NOT change!

Get with me on AIM if you don't understand.

After posting all of your new cap book info and refiguring you cap numbers (player count and cap) you then wait for it to be checked by a Dunlap, Frisk, or Jeremy.

After they sign off you may move on with the rest of your offseason (trades, fa's, ect).

All player who are traded will carry a cap hit if their contracts are worth more than their overall call for. All players who are getting paid MORE than their overall calls far, will continue to carry that with their new team.

A cap hit to the team trading a player away is what their overall calls for. EX player X is worth 10 points but is being paid 40 points. Player X is traded from team A to team B. Team A will carry a 10 point cap hit for a year and team B will get player X for 30 points for the life of that player.

THIS IS NOT HARD!!
    All players cut before the draft may be done with NO CAP HIT! This is the one time a year you can get out of contracts.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

sorry everyone, this is on me; I definitely didn't do the cap numbers with regressions correctly last year, so I had bunches of questions about it, but I totally get it now

3. natedawg212000

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i am on the ea website and i dont know how to tell if a player progressed or regressed. where do i find this at?

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

go to cap books in the team office thread, its the original from the start of season 2, compare your teams cap book, with the ratings on the website, thats how you tell who regress or progress

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What he said. lol

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

What is the timetable for this to get completed??

Is doing this Friday night OK???? Weekdays aren't impossible, but Friday night I have alot more time to sit down and do it right the first time.

But I'll manage if it needs to get done sooner.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Tank, the dealine is tonight!!!

Make sure you read the Offseason schedule sticky.

9. natedawg212000

LOL, does anyone ever read and stay connected?

10. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

We read, but that don't mean we comprehend(or want to listen)... lol I know, we're bad members... lol...

11. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I have been extremely busy and have not really been on as much as I'd like during the week.

A 2 year old and a wife on bed rest expecting our 2nd baby will do that to ya :)

I will log on now and see what I can do.