EVERYONE READ - CONCERNING SCHEDULING - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 3, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

EVERYONE READ - CONCERNING SCHEDULING - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Ok, first let me say I blew the chunk this week by saying you had 3 days to schedule, when we changed that rule while I was at camp to 2 days.

Let me explain how this works.

"Who Are We 2" Thread - Everyone must fill this out and everyone must have a cell number or a AIM that is ALWAYS on. One or the other, or you don't want to be here. Why are we doing this? Because guys are busy and in 2010 there is NO REASON why you can't have some way, shape or form to get in touch with you to schedule a game or to say your too busy or to say your out of town or SOMETHING.

So a cell or a AIM that goes to cell phone is a MUST. Thats the first contact.

Second contact is on AIM and PSN. You send a message with times of availability to get the game in.

The comes the ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS - FORUMS. You have 2 days to post a thread with your times and/or an agreed upon date and time. If one owner doesn't post an agreed upon date and time within 2 days, then there better be a post from BOTH owners posting their TIMES that they can play.

THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED. I've never seen a bunch of grown MEN not be able to step up to the plate and freaking schedule your game. Crap, or get off the pot. If your life is too busy to play this game, then please stop wasting the rest of our times by not getting your game scheduled and getting your panties in a wad because you get subbed or simmed.

This is the way it's done and you have been warned. No more excuses, no more ifs, ands, or buts. Do it this way or find another league, the OMFL isn't waiting on anyone.

I was away at camp 3 weeks and still, some how, some way, managed to get my games in. :mad:

Rant over...

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Im going to be completely honest, because I think this could help with scheduling.

All season long I have consistently been able get my games in on the first day. While some of it can be attributed to the fact that I have a relatively open schedule, the rest is because I always contact the owner in which I will be playing 2 DAYS IN ADVANCE. The reason is that I usually get my game in early and am looking to play as soon as possible again, but also because it lets the other person know what your schedule is ahead of time. Im not saying to start the scheduling thread, but just IM them, or send them a PM on traditionfootball with your schedule and how quickly you want to play.

Lets put it this way, if you wait until the day of the advance to get ahold of your opponent, you probably aren't going to play that day. So right off the bat you lose 1 day. If you talk to them ahead of time, a few days before the advance, you will increase your chances of getting the game done early in the week. Ultimately this could eliminate any problems with players getting games in, needing subs, or holding up an advance. We could be looking at quicker advance rates and possibly fitting an extra season. It won't always work, but it will be helpful most of the time.

If you don't believe that this works, just ask all the guys that I played this season (Dunn, Tank, Bates, Trude, Cimmy, Dunlap). Mustang is the only game I had to wait a few days for, and that was only because he was out of town for a weekend.

Guys it works. Trust me and contact your opponent before the advance drops. You will see that you are getting more games in during the first half of the week. Some schedules will be hard to get around, but we will see the benefits of it if we all try to contact our next opponent a few days in advance.

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Good call boss, 48 hrs is ample time to get a game scheduled prior to the deadline.

I agree with SCIKOTIC. Speaking from experience, even if you don't have an open book schedule (which I don't), you can still schedule your games well in advance before the Madden week opens to ensure it is played prior to the advance - or at the very least, to know if a sub is going to be in order.

4. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I shoot for that 1st day everytime. Let's knock these games out and get interested.