Everyone Read:RFA Open&Offseason Details

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Please use the XFN Front Office to begin making RFA decisions about your roster. Just go into the Front Office and go to Sign/Release. Hit the + sign to begin negotiating with a player. Also note that these ratings are pre-progression/regression - you do not have the luxury of knowing what will happen (although based on last year you have a pretty good idea of what should happen.) Anyway, my point is that once you make these decisions, they are final. We are not going to keep track of some guy who you want to see how he progresses before re-signing him. You either will or he walks into FA and you have to sign him back in open free agency. In any case there are a few very important considerations here.

1) Your roster MUST be at 47 players or less before the draft. Resign the players that you want to re-sign, release the players you want to release. There should not be any players in red, left on your roster. Sign or release them, that's it. If you are trading them, they will need to be signed before you can trade them.

2) All re-signings are done for 3 years MAX - they can be shorter but not longer than 3 years. This is a pain but in order to maintain simplicity it was a necessary step we took last year. True Free agents can demand longer contracts, so keep that in mind. Just know that you'll also be paying market value - so its always a gamble. Risk/reward. If I find that you have re-signed a player for longer than 3 years, I will automatically void the contract and the player with become a free agent. If it is something you have done in error, notify me and I can work with you to fix it.

3) Your roster MUST meet all of the minimum roster requirements before the draft. They are posted below.
    4) If you cannot meet a minimum position requirement (for example FB, P, K,) please sign a BAD player from free agency to fill that roster req. We call these players "placeholders." Sign them for minimum 1 year deals and make sure they do not have a signing bonus (otherwise when they are cut their signing bonus will be applied as a cap penalty). Once you have the placeholder players you need, drop the real players you are getting rid of. Your placeholder players will allow you to sufficiently deal with the minimum roster requirement and once you have signed real players you actually want, you can drop your placeholder players without penalty (once we hit the true free agency period).

5) Your trades cannot be completed right now. However, please at least PROPOSE them in XFN. Do not try to accept, it will not work. But if they are at least proposed, I can manually approve them when the time comes. There will be a period of time tomorrow, before the draft, that I will be manually enforcing these trades OR owners can complete them, themselves. This will be after 4pm EST Sunday.

6) I will be making a "checklist" for all the owners to make sure they have completed their tasks. Make sure you are letting me know when your tasks are completed or, if you can, tell me that you need me to do them for you and what you'd like me to do - I figure maybe some people are too busy today to do it or something, so I will help you if I can.

6) The draft, as it currently stands according to the poll found here, will kick off at 9pm EST on Sunday. I will lock the poll around dinner time today, so please vote if you haven't already. Keep in mind the draft takes awhile - the most likely case is that we will complete as many rounds as we can (2 or 3 at most I'm guessing) then reconvene Monday night and finish it.

7) If you cannot make the draft, please feel free to send me your draft board or positional needs and I will draft the best players I can find for you (within reason of course). Getting a position player you wanted as opposed to just whatever I can find for you is better than nothing.

8) We will be running our draft mostly via a Skype call and using the XFN chat. Everyone that has Skype, please add me to your contacts by finding me via username "mkeller25" I will be available most of the day answering any questions or concerns on the forum or on there or I still have my cell phone posted if you guys need ANYTHING. I know this is confusing at times so I'm here to help.

9) ALL CAP PENALTIES HAVE NOW BEEN APPLIED. There are 3 or 4 teams currently over the cap - and I wish them the BEST of luck in figuring out the cap situation. Keep in mind that teams ALSO have to sign their draft picks after the draft, so budget some cap space for that. If you need an idea of how much rookies cost - look at some of the young players on teams around the league.

10) The deadline for all of this is 4pm EST Sunday.

If anyone needs help or clarification with this - please let me know. Everyone has a more than 24 hours to get all of their offseason tasks completed so please please please, get to it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Keller

3. Keller

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Keller

What's the cap for next year?

5. Keller

Thanks for asking. Let me go back and check the threads to see what we raised it by last year. We don't want to make it too much, so expect it to be raised less than 5 mil. That would put it at 130 for next season.

6. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm done.

8. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Done.

9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Keller if I cut a guys with years remaining when do I pay the penalty this offseason or next?

10. Keller

I expect that it will move to next seasons cap. Cap penalties were moved to our Cap already and I've already received new penalties for cutting players.

BobJr
    Emmdotfrisk can you guys let me know if this is true or not?

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Keller I'm really confused. How the hell am I -6M in the hole? I can't resign anyone. I had at least ~15M of free cap space last year. There can't possibly be that much in penalties from trading Gamble and Williams (I cut a few scrubs last year also). If I can't resolve this, I don't know how I can continue.

12. Keller

You have 37 million in cap penalties.

*edit*
    As far as I can tell - 16-12 million should have came from Deangelo alone.

Gamble should be another 12-9 million

Charles Johnson should be another 14-12 mil.

There you go.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    yea the cap penalties should be forward now

14. fuzzyl0gic

Jesus Christ. So you're telling me the ~15M gap I had last year has evaporated due to everyone getting paid more this year/their bonuses (Gamble + Williams) increased this year? I am fucked! Have you raised the cap yet? How are other teams like yourself who did heavy trading not affected this badly?

15. Keller

You traded 3 guys - all with monster signing bonus'

That means all of that money gets accelerated to cap.

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

18. fuzzyl0gic

19. Keller

Correct and godspeed, lol.

20. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I was affected. I was 20 mil in the whole. I had to let Sanchez, Greene, and plax go

21. Keller

You have to still make a decision on a defensive player. Remember, sign them or release them.

22. Keller

You still have defense and special teams players to attend to. Remember, sign them or release them.

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I too was effected and wasn't able to sign Flacco..

well..

EFF Flacco..

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  25. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ok, now I'm done.