Everyone read!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Everyone read!!!

Be certain to read in the league description how the recruiting works and the # of scholarships. This is critical for the realism of the dynasty. If you don't understand it, then ask someone about it.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Is there a limit to the star caliber of the recruits we can go after?

We are allowed to fill our recruiting board???....but we can only give scholarships to the number following the equation in the rules. Just wanted to make sure.

3. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I'm not sur, give me some input on how many 5,4 stars we can recruit. I have never limited that before. But I can see how it would add to the realism.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The recruiting rules your going off of were from `09 I think. The commish's in the other leagues will test this and figure out what the best way to set recruiting rules will be soon.

As for the rules, I think less is more because when you start creating all kinds of rules they get hard to police.

I suggest we have a scholarship limit that only allows us to have 73-75 guys on our roster before cuts. Anything over that is penalized.

I don't think we should limit the caliber of recruits. Since we are all in the same geographic area, we should compete with each other for the same top talent and keep this fair amongst ourselves. The other conferences will have the rest of the country to recruit from.

We need to decide something on players leaving too. Do we want to let the game decide based on recruiting efforts or do we want to make guys ranked 95+ automatically leave?

5. GoGators

Hey, I wanted to retract my previous statement about no recruiting caliber regulations. I think we should definitely implement these. I did some research and going back through 2009 - 2002 recruiting classes per rivals.com, I found that with the exception of USC, the most five stars any program signed in a given year was usually 4.

I think we should use this limit as well. 4 five stars per season max. Everything else is whatever you can get. I think it will really help the competitiveness and realism of our dynasty. Also, as AG pointed out to me in the OFFL, one bad year of recruiting where a guy lands 8 or 9 five star recruits and he can rule the dynasty for the next 4 years.

Here's the link if you want validation
    http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I've been seeing a lot of talk where in the first year of the dynasty some leagues are going with the following:

1 five star recruit
    half of scholarships can go to 4 stars
    all else must go to 3 and below

This seems pretty reasonable.

I know we are geographically in the same region, but I don't feel we should subject ourselves to a league where we can run over the computer competition within a few years. There are some decent teams controlled by the computer and I don't want it to neccessarily be a user dominated league as in straight top six teams from each conference are all users.

I also like the idea of only signing as many players as we can actually keep on the 70-man roster. So, no cutting. This uneccessarily takes good recruits from computer teams.

7. I think we should have recruiting restrictions on the caliber of players to prevent a one-team monopoly like Gators aaid, I also like the idea of no cutting because this will really place an emphasis on each player we recruit, 5-stars and 2-stars alike. However, since we're all in the South and all have traditionally successful programs we will most likely be battling for the same top recruits, so just how much we should restrict this will be up for discussion

8. GoGators

I think we have to allow for 73 recruits before cuts at least. The problem with not allowing cuts is what happens in the final week when you have 2 scholarships remaining but 3 offers out and all 3 sign? Then you'll be penalized. At least with the small cushion you don't have to fill up the 73 and you're still OK.