Announcement Everyone Welcome

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

mcyork is joining us as NC State. I will be sending the invite out tonight. Tell the league about yourself, welcome and good luck man! Good to have you aboard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Thanks guys...well I am 37 years old married and dad of 3 boys who lives in Shelbyville KY. I have been playing ncaa since the bill walsh days. My favorite team is Miami. I love playing sports but am only able to really golf anymore. I own my own business in Louisville been open 16 months so far and its been trying but a great experience. I am on the site almost everyday if you need to get ahold of me you can email jandmpawn1@gmail.com text at 502-303-6673 and my gamertag is MYCANE yeah Masler you might need that lol look forward to um am I supposed to say bring NC State back to glory days have they ever had glory days??? any way we will try to get the program back to .500 and a bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Oh no. Another fan of the U. Jolts57

Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Man where are my Pac-12 brethren :( Welcome aboard man!

6. jello1717

It's the fucking Pac12.

What else would you expect?

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh you mean the same Pac-12 that only had one loss against the B1G?

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Well hello my fellow 305 native! And no I don't think NC State has ever had glory days haha, but guess we'll be seeing each other every season(UNC)! gl

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Welcome to the E york.

11. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Once the protected rivalries are put back on it will be every season.

mcyork - out of curiosity, what kind of business do you own?

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Since he took NC State and the protected rivals are still in effect from when iBO was NC....that's less of a headache for me in the off-season.

13. jello1717

Yes. It would be the same Pac12 that only has 15 national championships compared to the B1G's 40. That Pac12.

Hell, 1 B1G school (Michigan) has almost as many national championships (11) as your entire shitty conference.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh i'm glad the past means so much now. You're "best teams" who are eligible this year are Northwestern and Minnesota. Shaking in my boots.

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I own a pawn shop

16. jello1717

Spoken exactly like someone whose team has no fucking history.
    I don't understand what you mean here.

17. jello1717

Wait a second. Are you seriously calling Northwestern and Minnesota the best bowl eligible B1G teams? If so, that's waaaaaay more retarded than the usual diarrhea that spews from your mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

They're record has them in front. "Best" was just by record.

Didn't know history is helping your turnover prone QB this year. The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, and today is a gift. That's why it's called the Present. (quoted fucking Kung Fu Panda in an argument.) I'm glad we don't have history because it's better to be made and we aren't scrutinized to the max (like the NDs and UMs out there). Blank canvas while people like Rich Rod don't get their fair swing at UM to get all his players in there (thus why you went to the Sugar Bowl last year with ALL of RR's talent).

19. jello1717

And to re-emphasize the retardedness of this line of thinking, by your argument UTSA is "better" than USC........
    I won't get into with you anymore about this because you are so mind bogglingly clueless that I wouldn't know where to begin so I'll just drop it.

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Dude, Roadrunners for life ;)

And clueless? Sorry that My school doesn't go around boasting about some tradition that means nothing in the present. Yes it's grand that your team's had phenomenal years but does that mean your team is good now? No. Is my team bad because we have no tradition? No. What defines teams is their progress. And from the looks of things, Arizona is on the rise and Michigan is flirting with B1G mediocrity.

21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

ehhhh I hate to take sides here but Jello kinda makes a point. Tradition actually has a large impact on recruiting and such. Look at my Hurricanes for example. For the last ten years we've been mediocre at best, yet we still get top 25 recruiting classes. That's the impact tradition(and a great location!) has, and what that means is once we get a QB that doesnt freaken suck we'll return to being decent.

But you're right about the PAC-12 kinda being on the rise. Oregon has certainly become a power, shoot if not for Cam Newton they might have won a championship a couple years ago. USC is a traditional power. Stanford has been getting better. UCLA, Arizona, Washington are programs that could return and have a couple good years at any given point.

And the thing with Michigan is they're actually a REALLY good team, but Denard Robinson is terrible. I'm sure Jello won't like me calling him terrible, but he's just awful. I've watched quite a few Michigan games the last two years and the consistent factor I see is Denard just throwing the ball up for grabs without making any attempt to hit a receiver in his numbers. Sure he's a freakish athlete, but the difference between him and other freak athlete QBs we've had in the past is some of them could throw the ball and make decent decisions(Michael Vick, Vince Young, etc).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

But that's the thing. I get you that Tradition is the name of the game for recruiting but that's a WHOLE other aspect. UM rapes Arizona on the recruiting trails. What I'm talking about it the here and now. It's like the fucking Eagles. Talent out the ass but they can't do anything with it. What good is talent without good chemistry? Arizona has the perfect fit for Rich Rod and you can see it works (aside from Matt Scott's abysmal performance in Autzen Stadium on the National Stage). Lloyd Carr left Michigan and when Rich Rod came in, there was NOTHING. He had to do his best to get people in and throw young guns into the lion's den and BOOM! horrible Michigan Resume. That's why people say "Oh RR can't coach, he sucks." To that I say, BULLSHIT! Give the man his time. Coaches need at least 4 years to clean house and get their players in (i.e. Why Michigan even was in the Sugar Bowl. All RR's recruits).

23. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Coaches who come into great programs, such as Michigan, usually don't need to clean house. Look at what Urban Meyer did at Florida. It's really about having a good QB more than anything, but the storied programs will always have the talent ready so if a good coach/QB/system come into place they can win. Bama is a pretty good example of that. Before Saban came in that school hadn't won shit in a long time but they still had a lot of talent so combine that with a great coach/system and voila. Now in the case of Arizona you're probably right. That school will need some time if it's going to really be competitive considering before RR got there the program hadn't done anything in a long time and it certainly doesn't have the recruiting base of a Michigan or Miami.

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Speaking of Miami, I'm going down for the game today so I really hope we don't suck balls vs NC State lol >< We've been so up and down in recent years but I really think(HOPE) Stephen Morris is coming into his own. mcyork make sure you remember your team IRL is Miami, not NC State :p

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

But You missed the point i made. When Lloyd Carr left there was NOTHING. No talent anywhere. He gave up on recruiting. Tell me one big name at Michigan when RR got there that he didn't recruit himself? I don't know. He had to put Tate Forcier in and have no talent around him. Hard to win without that and they expected him to just make it happen in a year and called for his head when he didn't.