Evo Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Nov 20, 2009.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Evo Press Conference.

Hey Sports Fans

you know time it is..

The dreaded press conference...

Up for Week 6 is....

[​IMG]

Purdue Boilermakers

2. T2

All coaches are encouraged to ask questions about the Boilers.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Coach, given your hot start as a team where do you see yourself at the end of the season? Rose Bowl, BCS Championship, Holiday Bowl or even somewhere in between?

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Coach T2Express,

After taking the new position at Purdue it seems you have made drastic changes to the Purdue style of play. With that being said, are you recruiting players to cater to your coaching style? Or are you trying to get the best players as possible?

5. T2

I think this team can make it to the Rose Bowl. Ideally we want to get to the ship. That's where everyone wants to go.. last year this team got 9 wins..

9 wins isn't the style of football I brought form Nevada.. I want to take Purdue to new heights and take the big 10 by storm. I dont think the Penn States, Ohio States, Michigans are real worried about us right now.

6. T2

Yes i have brought a completely new system to Purdue. This year we are going to win with what we have, but as we progress down this road of success we will evolve into a ground dominate team. I grew up on the option offense and that is what i think we need to run.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

How long before u see Purdue in the N.T. hunt?

8. T2

i think if we continue to play it might be a possibility to get there as early as this year..

we just need to play 4 qtrs of football.. i think we can compete with anyone in the nation. we have put our selves in a position to in every game and we have come though.. i know every game with the exception of our last we have had to fight to last seconds to win. If you go back and look at our have vs Central Michigan.. we shouldn't have let the game get to the point where if we dont cross the goal line as time expires we start 0-1. but i feel that our wins have taught us how to win games when you have to make it happen.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Coach, are you using the same style of offense at Purdue that you used at Nevada?

10. T2

For the most part. we are going to be more rushing that i was at NV.. we had some injuries out in NV that limited our rushing attack. injuries have been low here so i think you will see my intended gameplan here in west lafayette.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I remember your gameplan at Nevada, it had a lot of potential. You ran alot most games there though, how high is the ceiling on rushing at Purdue?

12. T2

I want to run the ball with our feature back at least 30 times a game. i believe we average about 60-70 plays per game.

13. bladeless

bladeless Walk On

Do you think that your offensive scheme will have much affect recruitment of blue chip WR, coach? If so what do you plan to do about it?

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Coach t2,
    #11 is quite the accomplishment. What game have you circled on your remaining schedule to be the biggest game of the season?

15. T2

I think it might turn a few guys away. but we still need a few big time guys to come and catch the ball. we need to maintain a down field threat so if we run into a situation where one of the coaches we play starts catching on to patterns in the offense or they start loading the box, we need to be able to stretch some people to keep our rushing attack moving.

16. T2

Right now its vs Northwestern. they are 4-0 Ranked 22nd in the nation. They are huge surprise, they have a very good defense especally vs the pass. they are ranked 30th over all and 26th vs the pass. and their key factor is Turnover Margin they are +5 right now and that puts them in the top 10. they dont pass very well but they are very good at the run.

17. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

Coach, we couldn't help but notice that both of your starting DE's are among league leaders in SACKS. Ryan Kerrigan from the right side and Gerald Gordon from the left. Is it fair to say that as these two go, so does the defense?

18. T2

With out a doubt. Our Defensive line is the heart and soul of this defense. Kerrigan is best player on our defense and he commands a lot of double teams and opens up our LE Gooden to get through 1 guy or maybe a RB. they are 4th and 5th in tackles. Ryan Kerrigan is just a great athlete i would really be surprised if he wasnt able to play next year at the next level. Hopefully Gerald Gooden can keep up his good work and will stay with us next year to fill Ryans absence.