Examine your teams going forward

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Examine your teams going forward

We're nearing the end of another season.

Anybody who has a few moments, I'd like to know how you feel about your team going into next season...

I looked through today and saw that Va Tech lost their two games by a total of about 10 points, just like I did. Your defense was a LOT better this year man I think you are a team to be reckoned with going forward.

Anyway, on to Georgia.

What I'm excited about for next season is an offense that should be a definite A+, as long as I can keep everybody around.

Scales is the biggest question mark. He had such a great season, I can't see him not trying to go pro. If he does go pro, I will have a solid QB that should be able to run the show but we'll be a lot less dangerous overall. Won't have to spy me very often that's for sure.

Players I'm excited about:

QB Jeff Scales - 93 OVR, Junior
    198.0 career passer rating, 95 touchdowns and 33 interceptions. has also rushed for over 1,000 yards in the current season. Almost unstoppable.

HB Mike Anderson - 96 OVR, Junior
    Neared 2,000 yards as a freshman, then injured for part of season 2 and almost all of season 3. If he can stay healthy he gives us a great shot to win any game. A true force.

NEWCOMER WR Shawn Lee, 6'3" 187, A Speed - 4.30 forty time, fastest in the class. Needed him to replace Marlon Brown, and it looks like we will have a potent 1-2 punch in Lee and returning WR Michael Outlaw. Lee should have a fantastic career with the Bulldogs.

TE Geremy Brown - 88 OVR, Freshman
    Didn't get many opportunities this year but he is a great all around tight end. Won't drop nearly as many passes as the previous starter.

LT Ryan Moore, 89 OVR, Freshman
    Should be a fantastic player, stepping in for the departing Austin Long. There shouldn't be any dropoff whatsoever, he's just a great prospect.

RG Orlando Richardson, 77 OVR Freshman
    He has played really well this year. One of three starters on our offensive line with better than 73 speed, he's the fastest of the bunch at 77 speed. We're a deadly screen team because of guys like this and he will only get better.

RE Andrae Weeks, 90 OVR Junior - 6'2" 275 (86 speed, 81 STR)
    It will be interesting to see how much Weeks progresses. He could become an elite player next season. Abry Jones has hogged the spotlight a little this year, but Weeks has still managed 8 sacks and 15 tackles for loss. He will only get better.

MLB Nathan Anderson, 91 OVR Freshman - 6'0" 226 (85 spd)
    Probably the best middle linebacker that's been recruited so far. As a freshman this season he had 87 tackes, 19 for loss, with the bowl game to go. He is just gonna keep improving and will be a superstar within the next two seasons. Then there's the question of the other middle linebackers. We do play the 3-4 some of the time still, and one of the following is going to step up and play alongside Anderson, and they're all very good:
    William DeAngelis, 88 OVR JR (81 SPD)
    Louis Lee, 88 OVR SO (86 SPD)
    Willie Hall, 86 OVR SO (81 SPD)

OLB John Smith, 89 OVR (88 SPD) - 6'4" 222 - This guy just keeps improving by leaps and bounds. A guy that really fills up the stat sheet, he's solid rushing the passer, solid in space, and solid in pass coverage. 75 tackles, 8 for loss, 2 sacks, 5 INT and a defensive touchdown is damn good production for a sophomore.

CB Joe Dixon, 90 OVR Soph. (93 SPD) 5'11" 181 - the cerebral guy of our CB group. Dixon seems to pick off a pass each game, ended up with 7 INT on the season.

It's going to be interesting who wins the 2nd corner spot next year. One of the things I enjoy this year is just the arms race, assembling guys that can cover Tennessee's wideouts has been a real chore but it's resulted in a great group including the guy we signed in this class. One of these three will be starting alongside Dixon.

NEWCOMER Eric Cole - 5-star, 6'1" 169) A speed, A Acceleration, 4.32 forty (second fastest in the class). The thing that separates him is the ACC, I can see him stepping in and winning the starting job if his OVR is anywhere near the following two guys.... Interested to see how good he is, hope he's not overrated.

Curtis Elliott (81 OVR Frosh, 95 spd) has had a great season as evidenced by his complete lack of tackles and INT - Teams rarely throw in this guy's direction.

Jake Rogers (81 OVR Frosh, 97 spd) is the fastest guy, playing the nickle. Pretty sure next year he'll be pushed to the dime role.

FS Wesley Bryant, Junior - 95 OVR
    I don't play safety so the following numbers are just pure talent
    93 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 7 INT, 3 FF. Now has 14 interceptions in his career. He will probably be anywhere from 97 to 99 OVR as a senior and we expect him to have an even more phenomenal year. Can he push for a Thorpe? Without Kinger in the league, just maybe!

Last but not least, the quandary at Strong Safety!

Improvement will play a big role here, and my favorite two guys are the youngsters that are redshirting this season!

Donnie Matthews - 83 OVR, 91 speed freshman - Good combination of ability and awareness. Played pretty well this season for 3-4 games but then got hurt and never got the job back because the following guy played so awesome:

Kyle McBride - 82 OVR, 87 speed freshman - Has incredible awareness, 83 for a freshman is almost unheard of. He's never out of position, tackles well, and has great, great hands. Also a big guy at 6'2" 201. It's gonna be really tough to beat him out.... I love the idea of having all these physically talented guys and then a real student of the game back there too. Hopefully will be the glue of the defense but might lose the job to one of these two youngsters who are redshirting:

SS Tanner Jenkins - 6'3" 216, 81 OVR, 92 SPD, 74 STR, 66 AWR, 84 HPW
    Awesome physical talents, hits like a ton of bricks. A great candidate to move to free safety... However, due to his size and Joe Forte having better AWR we are thinking of moving Forte.

SS Joe Forte - 5'11" 213, 77 OVR, 92 SPD, 76 AWR, 92 HPW
    Struggles to get off blocks and doesn't have the greatest hands, but I guess the reason I like this guy so much is he was a 2-star. Maybe that's not a good reason to want him to turn out great but that's me, I like finding the diamonds in the rough. Explosive player who will probably move over to FS where he won't have as many blockers finding their way to him and he can just destroy people. His AWR will allow him to lose some and still be acceptable, similar to Jenkins at around 66 AWR.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

LSU has informed their offensive coordinator that his last game will be the Outback Bowl against Illinois. The pistol hybrid was unique and fun, but was ineffective against user defenses and with Shepard gone.. we want to focus more on deveoping our young QB's to be more balanced in our scheme.

Look for the Tigers to feature a more pro-style offense with a greater emphasis on the running game. Word is the Offensive Coordinator at Notre Dame is very interested in Baton Rouge.

as far as personel..

*** all ratings are guestimates based on a sim ***

QB - We have a stable full of young talented QB's. Spring practice will be intense but all bets are on RS Junior Michael Clark (90ovr). At 6'5 he has the physical attributes that put him at the top of his HS QB class coming out of high school. After redshirting, Clark has had to wait his turn to get a shot under center and we think he's finally ready.

Pushing him will be another RS Junior Nate Henley (88ovr). He's basically a smaller version of Clark with a little bit more wiggle. The LSU faithful fell in love with this guy when he came in as a true freshman and lit up the scoreboard bringing the Tigers back in a game that Jordan Jefferson had nearly thrown away before getting injured.

On the bench, but not happy about it is RS Freshman Garret Wall. Armed with a cannon for an arm, this young kid came in as the top rated QB in his class, opting for LSU over Tennessee. He might be rethinking his choice as he sits and charts plays this again this season. Wall will have to wait for his time like most LSU QB's so far. The Tigers are deep at this position and that is not a bad problem to have.

HB - All American (RS)Junior Eric Ferwerda has expressed an interest in going to the NFL and it doesn't look like the coaches at LSU are putting the full court press on to stop him. All eyes in Baton Rouge are on true Freshman Jayson Bailey (82ovr 95spd) out of California.

Bailey is a burner, by far the fastest HB LSU has seen in the last 4 years. He finished 2nd in the California State track meet in the 110hurdles as a dual sport athlete in HS. The coaches have already made it clear there will be no redshirting this kid, they feel he can help them right away, if not win a starting job.

Senior HB Scott Patterson (91ovr) will finally have his chance to shine. Every opportunity will be afforded him to win the starting spot. He has all the skills, solid speed, good size and nice power running style. A Patterson/Bailey combo could be an effective 1-2 punch for the LSU running game.

FB - The fullback position has been ignored at LSU during the days of the pistol hybrid. With a more pro-style offense coming to town, that must change fast. Luckily the Tigers have a solid Senior holdover that's been languishing on the bench for a couple years now. Senior Jay Gatewood (90ovr) will finally get a shot at some playing time and he's more stoked about the upcoming season than any other player on the team.

WR - You would think the departure of Heisman trophy finalist Rueben Randle would leave a gaping hole in the LSU WR core, but that's just not the case when you look at things on paper. But with two talented Senior WR's returning, LSU is looking forward to a more balanced Tiger passing attack. Marvin Chandler (96ovr) and Tristan Bates (95ovr) could create matchup headaches on the outside for SEC defenses. They have good size, good speed and are excellent all round receivers. The slot will be manned by the speedy Junior Jamal Douglas (87ovr). Douglas is the fastest and most explosive of the receivers, but he struggles with fundementals and run blocking.

Although WR looks like a strength this season, the Tigers are going to be hurting next year out wide unless they come up with some good young players to fill the shoes of the departing Seniors.

TE - This could be the most hotly contested position on the offense this season. 6'6 Junior Chris Fowler(87ovr) has been the starter, but Junior Spencer Harmon (88ovr) has shown that his speed can be deadly down the seam. Both will see playing time next season, just not sure how it will be distributed.

OL - This year all the work recruiting OL by the LSU staff will come to fruition. The line will be anchored by 3 seniors, all in the 90's overall, and all REALLY big. Mix in a dominate Soph Center and a Junior tackle and you have the best oline LSU has had in recent memories. The new pro-style offense should benefit these big hogmollies as there is less a requirement for pulling, trapping and leading on the outside. They should be able to muscle up and attack the defensive line in this new scheme.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great Stuff guys...loving knowing other players in the league....especially the SEC which is like another continent to me.

Year 6 and beyond
    The Blacksburg Report

VTECH is losing 13 senior starter this year. We will see a drop off in offense and defense. Year 5 was a year for us to win something. We were so very close. We will be happy with a top 10 finish.

Key Losses(guys I will truely miss this upcoming season:
    TE - Logan Thomas (97) - nuff said
    DE - Lanford Collins (99) - elite DE
    DE - James Gayle (95) - Elite DE
    HB - Nubian Peak (91) - Breakout HB for VTECH. Wish we had him 1 more year
    OLB - Tariq Edward (98) - playmaker
    LG - Andrew Miller (99) - no secret why we liked to run left
    FS - Telvion Clark (95) - Solid playmaker at FS

Our defense will suffer and so will our offense. Our whole offense last season was Peak and Thomas for the most part....they are gone. Will VTech find replacements??

A look at the Future!!

QB Soph Kyle Howard - He will be the main at the helm. Edwards came in a played solid last season filling in for both ailing QBs but Kyle has legs and an arm. We look forward to using him. (converted Athlete)

HB Jr Patrick Heinz
    - Will look to battle it out with #1 recruit Bruce Burton. I think it will be a battle won on the field as VTech might be a 2 headed monster for a while.

FB - Crappy

WR Jr Jeff Ellis
    - Clear starter as the Vtech WR Core is very weak. We are worried. #2 has yet to be decided. We will be doing musical chairs here for a while.

TE Sen James McDaniel - A player at this position will always live in the shadow of "The Wolverine". James is not that type of player but will get targets for sure.

O-Line - All seniors and all Solid.....hmm more run than pass maybe?

DE - We have 2 soild starters Jackson and Gray. These guy however have no game experience....lets see how they tackle the starting role.

DT - Jr Brian Easley
    - 306 lbs and 88-90 str. He will fill the gap for the 3-4 defense.

OLB - Sen Shelton Crowell
    - Soild player and leader of the defense. He will have a lost of pressure on him.

MLB - Soph Rob Evans
    - He played well his freshman year and we expect great things from him (90 ovr)

MLB(2) Soph Bryan Sullivan
    - 6'7" and 228. He will be my coverage guy to be knocking down passes and in general getting in the way of over the middle passing. Look for me to manually control him over a large course of the game.

CBs - Sen McCullough and Sen Willis
    - Both solid and 6'1". While not speedsters these guy will be responsible for holding the pass defense fort down. We dont know what to expect to be honest.

FS - Sen Nick Smith
    - Nothing Special here (weakness)

SS - Sen Walter Britt
    - Star of the defense. He needs to catch any badly throw ball in his area. He will literally make or break this season!!!

VTech is looking to turn into a run first team with the stable fo HBs at their disposal. We will have a playbook change and a whole offensive overall. With no Logan and no true #2 WR. Running might be our recipe for success.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

QB-(RS so)- C jones had over 3000 yards passing to go with 31 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. Hope is though that true freshman recruit J. Parham (6'5" 230) can come in and compete for the job. Parham seems to fit the kyle parker mode better with B spd, B+ thp, and C+ tkl. Don't count out (rs so) C Walters either as he posesses good mobility and a strong arm.
    HB- Well there isn't a team in the league who is happier to lose a 99 overall back as R. McDowel was consistent only in his injuries. Clemson looks forward to handng off the rock to (rs fr) C Smith who has both speed and strength to go with great size. They also have a couple slow but underrated backups who have produced in the clutch.
    FB- Not a huge priority as 2 sar frosh D Harris will get the start.
    WR- Juior A Ralph will lead the receiving group with his 93 spd and 94 spc. The rest of the balls will be split among unproven oungsers, we hope to see one emerge as the #2.
    TE-The Tigers got caught sleeping the last two years as they missed out on tight end to both Alabama and Georgia. We are still happy with our gus ability to help out with the defenses attack and catch balls in traffic though.
    OL- We look to be soid at all positions across the line this year, we are also excited about the talent we are bringing in.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    PROJECTED KEY LOSSES
    QB Jordan Luallen (95)- Improved significantly as a passer this year
    RB Orwin Smith (98)- One of the best RB's i've ever had
    RB Josh Garrett (87)- Solid backup who began to produce VERY well when he got the call
    FB Daniel Drummond (97)- bulldozer at FB
    WR Stephen Hill (92)- Tall WR got hurt early this year
    WR Jeremy Moore (89)- Slot WR who was always solid
    TE Thomas Snyder (87)- Proficient pass catching TE
    LE Emmanuel Dieke (98)- Elite DE
    DT JC Lanier (98)- Amazing DT, could play 3-4 end if need be
    MLB Brandon Watts (96)- Tackling machine, very smart
    SS Lance Richardson (89)- Got the start when moving to 4-2-5, played very well.

12 guys are leaving, 9 of which were starters on this team at the start of the season.

QB- Jeremy Cooke (84) will get the start as a redshirt sophomore. He's a pure pocket passer so he'll need to get protection but he'll be behind a line that SHOULD be in their 2nd year starting as a whole. Cooke can be a special player for me. Backup QB will be JR Andy Jones who is a dual threat who lacks good accuracy.

RB- Here's where the issues begin. It's likely that RD JR Richard Smith (83) will get the nod at RB. He's a jack of all trades...he can break a few tackles, doesn't have breakaway speed but he's the best of who's there now. FR Kevin McCoy (79) is 5'11", 160lbs and is literally a carbon copy of Smith so he's in the running as well. Also in the running is JUCO RB Mike Britt, who looks similar to what I have now. In fact, all the RB's are similar in their talents. I'm hoping one of these backs will distinguish themselves.

FB- John Campbell will most likely get the nod. He'll start as a true freshman and is an excellent blocker. He also can get some carries as well with decent speed (C+) and carry attributes (C). Converted FB

WR- Joe West (84) is emerging as a WR I'm falling in love with. He was a converted ATH coming out of HS and we made him a WR. He as a WR body at 6'3", 215lbs and his hands are very underrated. He's also my best playmaker with his 91 speed as of now. Shaun Brown (89) will mann the other spot. He has good height (6'2") but his weight is only 171lbs. He's so tough going over the middle as he catches a lot and his acceleration off the line is great (99). Slot WR is up for grabs. SO Robert Edwards (78), RD FR Maurice Oliver (76) and a host of new recruits have a shot (David Jordan, Scott Daniels, Paris Boyd). Boyd is a JUCO and looks like a good slot. Jordan has the shot to be the best with his 6'4" height, good speed and hands.

TE- Avery Stevenson (90) will start as a senior likely. He's an amazing blocker already but has great hands as well. JR-TE Seth Downs (86) has the best hands on the team and could challenge for the spot. RS-FR Donte Joseph will be the 3rd TE and already has 85 catch but he's slow...yet we love his 6'7" frame. I'll also be bringing in two more TE's, Caleb Love, a 6'7" beast who can do it all and Richard Parsons, a 6'6" beast who has C+ speed and B catching.

OL- SO-LT Adam Jacobs (85), SO-LG Tyrone Baker (89), FR-C Greg Newsome (84), JR-RG Darius Wells (90), SO-RT Ronald Gallagher (87) should all return to start with Wells maybe being the only one unsure about his future. This helped out improved run game and passing game and we hope it bodes well for the stable of RB's that are coming aboard.

ENDS- At LE, there will be a fight between RS-JR Brandon Young (86) and SO Marcus Gunn (83). Both have good speed but Young despite his 216lb frame has good strength. Not sure who will win that spot. SR Brannon Edwards (90) should be the other starter, presuming he doesn't go pro. Edwards is one of the more cerebral ends we've had here at GT

DT- No more of these superhuman DT's! Brooks and Hurd will be the men in the middle. Both are similarly strong (95 str) and play literally the same so I expect to be tough up the gut. Backups are RS-FR Brett Russell (90 str) and SO Shaun Frazier who's more of a guy who can play DE with his 74 spd and 83 str.

OLB- SR Adam King (90) should be back for his last year. Unfortunately for this defense, he doesn't get much time on the field. King could be a candidate to slide inside if he grades out well there. If King leaves, FR Garrett Barrett would slide into the role and he looks every bit ready to play. Alex Gore (84) a true SO, has all the tools and has been playing very well. Backup Brian Romero (79) can play himself onto the field with a good camp.

MLB- If there's a hole, it's at MLB. After Watts graduates, Jonathan Webb (77) is the best MLB on the team that would only have two. There's talk of moving King over to the middle. Unfortunately Webb's still trying to work the nuances of being a MLB and that may hold him back for a year until he's ready.

CB- If there's a strength on my team, it's the CBs. I could potentially return everyone for another season. Now JR Jermaine Bell may bolt because he's been excellent this year. Ross Merrick (86) would become the #1 as a JR next year. Anthony Hood (88) figures to return from his injury and like Bell he's not fast but he plays an amazing CB and he'll be a JR. Glenn Butler (81) was also in that CB class and he's talented but he's looking like a dime or nickel CB. Perry Thomas (80) will be a SO next year and has great talent. The one guy who can change all of this is James Adkins who will be a RS-FR next year. He's already an 82 rated CB with 92 speed and he can already start if need be. On the recruiting trail, we brought in 5 star CB Jake Davis who reminds us of Anthony Hood..another great talent.

FS- Big bruising FS George Dunn (82) will be back more aware than ever. He's been the man back there since we took a chance on him and brought him in to do some damage back there.

SS- Michael Banks is one of the smartest kids we have on the team. As a SO, he's always in the right position and knows how to play the game. Add to that, transfer JR Robert Boyd who hits like a LB and will be playing down close to the line and we may have the most physical stable of kids in a long time.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I want Rynos wide receivers!

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama Crimson Tide

Coach Jfosh would be the first to admit he has benefited from the work Nick Sabin did in putting together a talented roster. There are 7 holdovers from that original roster and they will be the only players departing to graduation after the season. One coach described the 2014 season as the day of reckoning for the current coaches and rosters. We will take a look at what 2014 has in store for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Departing seniors
    QB – AJ McCarron 92 OVR
    It’s funny because I have been calling this guy Aaron McCarron. McCarron leave the Tide after just starting one season. He did manage to set the single season yardage record but after his final showing in the SEC championship good rid dens!!!

HB – Trent Richardson 99 OVR
    Richardson started 2 seasons for the Tide. 2012 would have been his year he started out leading the Heisman race but succumbed to injury. 2013 was Richardson’s best season stat wise and he actually showed up in user games but did not get all the carries. It was a necessity we got Shuler and the younger backs an opportunity to prove themselves.

WR – Kendall Kelly 99 OVR
    Days of hitting Jones or Kelly when the Bama QB was in trouble are over. Kelly was a stellar wide out and will be missed by the BAMA offense. He might walk away as the single season yardage leader and single season reception leader depending on the Bowl Game. Chances are he’ll get it.

RT – DJ Fluker 99 OVR
    A massive blocker at 6’7” 360 LBS. Fluker could have transferred away but patiently waited his turn on the line. DJ was a guy that always kept it light with the team. Fluker with his 71 speed was even given the chance to run the ball a few occasions this season averaging 5.7 yards per carry.

DT – Kerry Murphy 99 OVR
    Another monster at 6’5” 334 LBS. Murphy toyed with the idea of transferring early in his career but knew Alabama was his home. He stands at 30 QB sacks for his career and will be a 1st round NFL choice with 99 STR and 78 speed.

MLB – Nico Johnson 95 OVR
    Solid performer at a position that has not be without stars at Alabama.

CB – Dre Kirkpatrick 97 OVR
    Kirkpatrick steeped up his game for his senior season. Dre picked off 8 balls had 13 deflections scored 2 TD’s and forced a fumble.

OFFENSE

QB – RS-SO – James McLaughlin 6’3” 200LBS - 87 OVR

McLaughlin redshirted his first year and was used sparingly as a mop up QB last season. He has no competition and will be the starter for the next 3 seasons. This kid was a big time recruit and committed to Alabama over Tennessee. He has B- speed and B+ TP and B+ ACC. We expect him to fit the mold of an Alabama QB good decision maker who makes crisp accurate passes. We need to watch how he fares on the road and in tight situations with only 51 awareness.

HB – RS-SR – Sylvester Shuler 6’1” 225lbs 95 OVR

Shuler part of Alabama’s first recruiting class will be expected to produce big next season. Shuler has A- speed with A+ acceleration A+ agility. He has all the attributes to be a big time back for the Tide in 2014.
    Behind Shuler are 3 RS-SO backs that will split the remaining carries and fill in for any injuries.

FB – RS – JR – Joe Ransom 6’0” 227LBS – 85 OVR

Ransom has B+ speed and is someone you have to account for in the passing game. Ransom hopes to continue in the Alabama tradition of solid FB’s. He has solid secondary run and pass blocking skills.
    This position has depth with 3 players on the roster. With an incoming recruit at the position it’s most likely someone will be the odd man out.

WR – RS-JR – Jermaine McIntire 174LBS -90 OVR RS-JR – Clint Peterson 6’1” 179LBS – 88 OVR

Long gone is Julio Jones and last year’s stand out Kendall Kelly will be missed. This group of receivers is looking for someone to distinguish themselves. There is no burner in the bunch just a lot of carbon copy guys (Helli knows what I am talking about). Shawn Stephens is a wild card in the group with 94 speed. If he can improve his hands he could shoot up the depth chart.

TE – SR-RS – Brandon Keyes 6’3” 239LBS 91 OVR JR-RS – Lee Jones 6’8” 253lbs 83-OVR

Neither Keyes nor Jones is going to kill you deep but both are serviceable receivers in the pass game. Keyes is a big time blocking TE.

LINE – LT RS-JR Jamaal Burton 6’3”299LBS 90 OVR, LG RS-SR Kevin Ortiz 6’1” 327 91 OVR, C RS-SR Cedric Irvin 6’5” 304 99 OVR, RG RS-JR Mike Smith 6’3” 331 91 OVR, RT RS-SO Calvin Weatherford 6’5” 285.

The line will be above average but not dominating like it has been in the past. Irvin is the anchor of this line at center and will begin his senior season rated 99 for the second year in a row.

DE – RS-SR Cory Jones 6’3” 260lbs 92 OVR RS-SR Bill Johnson 6’3” 248lbs 96 OVR

These two book end ends will be expected to wreak havoc next season. Both have good strength to go along with 87 and 86 speed before the off-season.

DT – RS-SR Jeremy Brown 6’4” 301lbs 95 OVR RS-SO Brian Smith 6’5” 277 90 OVR
    Defensive tackle has been filled by some studs at Bama. 2014 will be no different. Alabama has taken home the top DT in 3 of the 1st 6 recruiting classes. This will be on display with Brown and Smith. Don’t leave out Dave Harris if one of these guys runs into injury trouble.

LOLB – RS-SR Claude Robinson 6’6” 218lbs 92 OVR

At 6’6” it’s hard for opposing QB’s to miss this guy. Robinson had 3 interceptions and 3 forced fumbles in his first season as a starter. He has B+ speed A+ hpw and great coverage skills.

MLB – RS-SR Brandon Larsen 6’4” 229lbs 93 OVR

Larsen will follow 5 years of great MLB at Alabama. He rates high in all the right spots, his only question will be his speed at B-. He has above average strength is great at getting off the block and will be an asset in coverage situations.

ROLB – RS-SR Jeff Allen 5’11” 216LBS 95 OVR

Allen is another guy from the first recruiting class. Allen’s is another solid coverage LB. He is able to get off of blocks with ease pursues well and has B+ speed.

CB – RS-SR Lawrence Griffin 6’0” 192 92 OVR RS-SR Fred Franklin 6’0” 185lbs 90 OVR RS-SR Jeff Mack 5’11 177 lbs 90 OVR

These 3 guys have been up and down on the depth chart season after season. They each have one last off-season to make their case to the starting position. My guess it will be Griffin and Franklin. Don’t be surprised if RS-SO Matt Collins or RS-JR Darrius Moss pushes these guys for playing time.

FS – RS-JR Mike Mayo 6’0” 188lbs 87 OVR RS-SO Pat Howard 6’2” 206lbs 86 OVR

This is one of the few positions where there is a legitimate battle. This will definitely be won in fall camp. Mayo is the odds on favorite he has a full season as a starter under his belt and just understands the game a little better than Howard. Howard reads the plays better but lacks the overall abilities Mayo possesses.

SS- RS-SR Jared King 6’1” 197LBS 96 OVR

King came in as Alabama’s highest rated freshman ever. Some say he lacks the speed to be a difference maker. King had 3 picks, 3 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries in 2013. King is an excellent tackler, hits with power, pursues and recognizes the play well and is an elite cover guy in zone. All in all King is a guy you need to account for on defense.

P/K SO- Kenneth Robinson 6’0” 179lbs 80 OVR

Robinson drew double duty as a freshman walk on for the Tide. As a punter he was one of the Nation’s best. We expect him to improve as we had to 2014.

** Over-all ratings are from this season and dont reflect any off-season potential gains.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ryno: The Notre Dame offense is awesome. Has everything you could want, really...

Awesome group of quarterbacks. Getting Bayley was a huge win for the LSU program.... good writeup ryno.

--------

JMS: Bruce Burton will be a load. I finally feel that the size of a running back matters now. Which is why I'm looking forward to getting my 250 lb. running back on the field. Anderson isn't the strongest cat but at 225 lbs. or whatever he is, he does seem to get a lot of lean at the end of his runs and Burton should be no different.

Those CB will be meat! any idea which playbook you're gonna run? I'm looking at Minnesota and Tennessee... Both seem to have what I need.

---------

Mo: The worst thing is when you have a bunch of similar players at a position (HB). Maybe there will be an offseason guy sitting there for you. And if that happens I hope to play keepaway lol. I had no idea you went to the 4-2-5 defense this season, how did your team do playing it?

---------

Good shit guys.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I might switch offenses Helli...not sure, there's a PB I saw that I might go to next year.

I plan on going all-out for a RB if one arises in the offseason...because what I got, they are just decent backs...though I've seen UNC's and Clemson's backups and I'm not as bad as those guys they have (gag).

That defense was pretty good. I feel I can leave my corners alone a bit against some teams...like I keep saying, speed from the CB position isn't a priority...trust and believe when I say that. My SS's have been good in Banks and Richardson so they've been wrecking havoc. I'll be ushering a transfer SS in as a JR and he's highly rated....only 85 speed but he'll become that other LB who has some coverage skills.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami Hurricanes

Proving to everyone that I'm not dead yet...

QB: Adam Francis comes back for his Junior season as team leader and star on offense. Although his 1st 2 seasons have been up and down, much of that can be attributed to Coach Juggs' leave of absence. Francis is a monster at 6'6/237 and has one of the strongest arms in college football. He will likely start the season as a 93ovr/94thp/93tha Junior All-American candidate. Ray Wise will serve as the main backup to Francis. Wise is more of a dual threat weapon at QB. He definitely does not have the arm of Francis, but it as adequate. Wise's biggest attribute is his ability to scramble and run the option, something that Miami might implement from time to time during the season to keep opponent's off balance on defense.

HB: This will be a wide open competition come spring practice. There are a number of players who could emerge as the Cane's #1 back. If none do, Coach Juggs might use a few of them in different packages and sets as it seems like each player has their strengths and weaknesses. Sr Bill Lundy has a nice burst in him and is a shifty back. Sr Brandon Jacques is a bigger more powerful back who seems to break a ton of tackles. So Derrick Marcus was recruited in hopes of being the next star tailback at Miami, but his attributes didn't live up to the billing. He is probably the Canes most all-around back though. Redshirt freshmen Robert Martindale and Kelvin Wilson are both probably a year or 2 away from seeing significant time, as is David Covington, the #10 HB in high school who the Canes signed this season. The wildcard in the mix could be Richard Smith. At 5'11/211 pounds, he posses great size for a HB, and he might come in as the fastest player on the Miami roster next year, running a 4.36/40 in HS.

FB: Christian Jones returns for his senior season and 3rd straight starting one. He is a fast, pass catching FB who is excellent as a safety valve in the passing game

WR: What a mess. For years, the Miami Hurricanes always boasted superstars at WR. From Michael Irvin to Reggie Wayne to Andre Johnson to as recent as year 1 of this dynasty in Aldarius Johnson. Not anymore. We have a bunch of underachievers at WR returning next year. Any combination of the following players could see significant time, but sadly, none are very good. Corey Williams, Donte Bailey, Matt Williams, Darrell Johnson, Justin Burns and Jason Daniels. Other than those 6 players, the Canes have 2 other WRs who by default, are the 2 the coaching staff are most excited about, albeit it on a limited level. Sophmore Patrick Harris was a starter this year as a Freshman and put up solid numbers. He only has average height and speed, but he would qualify as the Canes best WR threat right now. And JT Rogers, the #3 WR in high school. At 6'5, Rogers will have the height advantage over just about any DB in NCAA. He also, like Harris, is pretty solid all around, although again, not much speed.

TE: While we lack talent/depth at WR, we have an abundance of it at TE. Even though we are losing our 2 year senior starter, we return 3 very talented players and have signed a 4th. Junior Mickey Stone and Sophmore Kellen Keller figure to see the most playing time as we like 2 TE sents at Da U. Stone is an excellent blocking TE with decent hands. Keller is a pass catching TE with average speed but very good hands. Freshman Matt Patterson also returns, as another bigger blocking TE. The TE we are looking forward to seeing on the field most though is Nick Randolph. The #9 TE coming out of HS, he is very fast for his position and we might decide to make him our 2nd or 3rd TE to try to take advantage of some mismatches on slower LBs

OL: Underachieving for the past 2 seasons, our Oline play needs to improve next year, especially in pass blocking where they have not given Adam Francis the time needed when he drops back. We return 3 of our 5 starters, and all 5 players who figure to start look very solid...on paper. Now they need to do it in the game.

DE: While we lose our best DE, we have 4 returning players all with excellent speed, size and strength at DE, hopefully resulting in more pressure on the QB next season. So's Chris Parham and Jon Thomas have the inside track at the starting spots. But both Jr Clint Bryant and So Ryan Benson could easily win a job if they have a solid spring. We do figure to rotate heavily at DE to keep fresh pass rushers on the field at all times.

DT: Danger Danger! Coach Juggs' absence has probably hit the DT spot the hardest. We only have 2 returning players at DT and needed to sign atleast 2 this season...not so much. We have lost out on every player we have gone after, and now are pursuing a handful of 3* players just to fill out the roster. We will not have a monster prensence up the middle again next season as Brent Johnson and Justin Miller will be the 2 starting DT, and while both are solid players, they do not bring the size or talent as we have had in years past. A possible switch to the 3-4 could be the end result of not signing the talent at DT we were hoping for.

OLB: Possibly the Canes biggest strength on defense next year will be at OLB. All 6 currently on our roster are returning and we have added to them the #5 OLB in HS, Joey Davis, who while only 198 lbs, has the ratings to be a superstar down the road. But given he needs to add about 20 lbs, a redshirt is likely, so lets focus on who will be on the field. Senior Mark Garcia (hoping he doesnt opt for the pros) will be back for his 3rd straight starting season and figures to be an All-American. He projected ratings will be 95ovr, 88spd, 87str, 87acc, 88awr, 92tak...or in other words...a friggin beast. Starting along side him will be 1 of 3 juniors. Kyle Mathis, Tony Austin and Nathan Allen are virtual clones of each other in terms of ratings, size and talent. So it will really come down to spring practice and who progresses the most. But all 3 of them should be in the 90ovr range, and a move to MLB by one of them could happen if we switch to the 3-4.

MLB: Senior christian Henderson has been a tackle machine for us this year, and as a senior next year, not much figures to change. While he is not the fastest MLB in college, he always seems to be where the ball is. Fellow senior Brad Cain is one of those people who were always told they were too small and too slow to be an athlete. At 5'11 and only 82spd/79acc, on paper, he looks like a joke. But any of the Miami defensive coaches will tell you, if he hits you...you go down. Period. Call it anger at all the people who made fun of him his entire life if you will. If we switch to the 3-4, look out for incoming freshman Tom Brooks. The #3 MLB in HS, he could come in and start right away as the 2nd MLB if we don't decide to switch one of our OLBs to the middle.

CB: Junior Nicholas thomas has been called a stud by fellow ACC coach Mogriff, and this writer can't agree more. While his stats are not what they were last year, again alot of that can be attributed to Coach Juggs. But he will be back for his 3rd starting season next year, and should be at 93ovr with 95spd/92agi/98acc/83awr...can't ask for much more from a corner. Along side him will probably be Senior Brian Huff, although alot of the defensive coaches are also very high on both Josh Stephens and Alvin Brown, who were our nickle and dime backs this season. All 6 our of CBs return next year, so we should be solid here.

FS: Much like HB, this position will totally be up for grabs in spring practice. We are losing our starter and haved 4 possible candidates for the starting spot. Returning Jr Keith Terrell and Fr Tomm Dunlap both are solid players at best right now in their career. But either could have a significant jump in progression and turn into a stud. We are also bringing in the #6 FS in HS in Andy Gaddis, a great coverage safety and the #9 FS in Freddie Benson who is more of a speed guy. Hopefully one emerges as a stud.

SS: Brett Marquardt returns for his senior season and figures to be the starter again. He has underachieved the past 2 seasons, but his ratings are too good for him not to be on the field. If none of the FS candidates emerge, he could be moved there for 1 season as he is only holding the starting SS spot warm right now. Let me introduce you to Dominique Montgomery. A find last year in recruiting and a player who alot of the Miami coaches believe could be the best safety we've had since Ed Reed. He redshirted this year so still will have 4 years of eligibility. He should come in next year as a rs FR with ratings of 83ovr, 90spd, 85agi, 90acc, and 90 tak. We'd like to get him on the field right away next year, so moving Marquardt to FS might make more even more sense.

K/P: who cares, just as long as they can make a friggin FG against UNC next season.

Things can only go up from here for Miami. Since their National Title, they have been on a steep slope downward, resulting in a 6-6 season this year, a trip to one of the shittiest bowls imaginable probably, and a drop down to a 4 star program. Coach Juggs, get your head out of your ass and get back on the sidelines, your team needs you

11. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

OFFENSE

QB:
    As Willie Secord graduation, a giant hole is going to be left, with no experienced players to fill it. True freshman Jake Langford (79 OVR) and redshirt sophomore Darren Bostic (77 OVR) seem to be the best bets. Neither possess amazing arm power. If the quarterback position proves to be too much of a liability, look for Bostic to get the snaps due to his size (6'4", 223 lbs), durability, and mobility (77 SPD).

RB:
    Holy crap. There are 8 runningbacks on this roster. Yes, 8. The departure of senior back Lonnie Pryor is going to mean one of the remaining 7 is going to have to step up (I guess the odds are in my favor on that happening...). Backup tailback and rising senior Will Brown has the job to lose at the moment. He is a nice blend of agility (98 AGI with 99 ACC) and power (83 TRK, 73 STR). With the uncertainty at the QB position, and the glut of backss available, look for Coach Merih to pound the ball early on and rotate backs often.

FB:

Jimmy Ward has this position hands down. A rising senior, who will be around 96 OVR come next season. High BTK rating might warrant him some carries, but with 8 running backs who want the ball, Ward might be the odd man (or 5) out.

TE:
    Coach Merih loves TE's. And loves flex tightends. So when he saw an 6'6" 233 lb tightend with good speed and agility ratings, as well as a solid blocker, he was more than pleased. Too bad he's a senior :eek:...In any case the TE position below him is young, sporting 2 freshman who look to receive major playing time this coming season. There is also a 6'0" 231 lb TE with 90 SPD on the roster? Weird. I think that's against league rules. Will likely be cut; I prefer tall TE's in any case.

WR:

Two dominant seniors graduate leaving 3 rising seniors. All have good height and look to be athletic, but have an average catch rating of 78 (ouch). Well, I guess this is FSU. These guys can run with the wind, but can't catch a draft. Flex TE next season is going to be crucial to the success of a young QB.

OT:
    I see what was sacrificed now for 8 roster spots for RB's...there are 4 tackles on the roster, and 2 are seniors. The other two include a true freshman and true sophomore. Major playing time to be had for the incoming freshman. Contemplating playing the incoming 5 star guard at tackle. Speed ends are going to have a field day on this poor boys, TE's and backs are going to have to chip block before releasing to their routes.

OG:
    Yikes. There are 3 guards on the team, 1 is a senior and. The other two are underclassmen and not shabbily rated either. Need depth in a hurry, however. Will be scouring the land for more offensive lineman.

OC:
    2 players, with 1 senior. The underclassman is rated ahead of the upperclassman in this case (88 OVR to 82 OVR), however. I don't mind playing a guard as my backup center. All in all though, depth is needed across the line.

DEFENSE

DE:
    Again, depth is a concern here. There are 4 players total, with 1 graduating. The two underclassmen are complete projects, rated 54 and 57 OVR. Bad speed rating, bad block shedding. I'm going to have to work my way out of a paper bag at this position. My type of defense needs ends who can hold the edge and drop into spy's. Going to have to make some offers I otherwise wouldn't make.

DT:
    Ah, now this is more like it! 3 returning defensive tackles, all huge with great strength ratings. An incoming freshman for good depth. All solid here :D

OLB:
    We have a freak in our midst. 98 OVR junior outside linebacker Lynn Hancock. 6'5", 260 lbs, and 88SPD. Also the strongest linebacker in the bunch. Sad thing is, he might have to move to defensive end to help offset the youth at that position. This is of course, assuming he stays. The rest of the bunch is nothing short of what I expect of Florida State. Size, speed, hitting power, not that aware, but young and athletic. Hopefully, coachable.

MLB:
    Mizell will be missed. Fast strong and hit like a rock. His backup, Sullivan, while a bit undersized as to what I'm accustomed to, is going to be more than serviceable. His backup is more athletic, but not ready to be the signal caller of the front 7.

CB:
    A mixed bag here. Barring any early entries, there will be 4 remaining players. I think I have the steal of the recruiting class with a 3 star corner. B+ MCVR and ZCVR. Might be able to help as a nickel back the day he steps on campus.

FS:
    Excited. McKenzie will take over the position. He's big (6'3" 222lbs) and fast (94 SPD, 97 ACC) and has good awareness and hits pretty hard. Sean Taylor is my alltime favorite safety, hopefully I have a nice one here in this freshman.

SS:
    Alot of depth, but they aren't the most athletic. Thinking about playing 2 free safeties back there.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: I have one.

P: I have one.

KR/PR:
    I like to play youth back here. Seeing as how there is almost no point to redshirt anyone, it's going to be open season at this position.

OVERALL

Overall, I'm happy with the roster I have. I place the highest emphasis on the play in the trenches, and the depth at OL and DE is not going to do it for me. Recruiting is going to be crucial, but there is already a great class coming in. Position changes is going to be the most important offseason step for me.

The talent that is available on this team should allow me to compete for the ACC crown. Haven't taken looks at the other teams yet, so please excuse if I go back and edit this to say I'm going to get ran :D

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs... What got into you!? Looks like you're back! lol.

QB and HB look like they could be strengths for miami, not everybody has a speed back anymore. The WR look desolate but Va Tech has proven you can move the ball with tight ends... :)

I don't recommend a switch to the 3-4. Multiple is where its' at IMO, I sometimes felt naked against the "pound you" teams with the 3-4, and the 5-2 only has a couple of plays that I felt were reliable when I had to stop the run. Multiple still gives you the option to run the 3-4 and has a lot of the best plays in the 4-3 sets... Just my .02.

I remember Keith Terrell.... Did you ever consider a move to corner to see what a guy with 99 man coverage could do? lol. Or can you get him matched up from safety on some tight ends etc...

I second the last sentence... lol. jk man hope you come back strong.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice breakdown Merih....

14. Merih

Phew, post updated. FSU is strong, but needs some work. It's apparent that the previous coaches emphasis lied a bit different from my own. Hopefully the changes made aren't too radical costing me games. Should be interesting!

15. Merih

Thanks...and man you weren't kidding kinger must have HATED running backs lol

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You should love McKenzie...I love big tall safeties myself...add to the fact he has 94 speed...meh not looking forwards to that at all.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

the new guy beats Alabama and Clemson to posting about their teams :eek:

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm on vacation and its -7 degrees. Basically I'm just trying to survive man.:(

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hahahahahahaha

20. jfosh

jfosh Super

No doubt glad he did. Nice read Merih.

Great excuse to get your stuff done...lol. I hate the cold 68 today Coleman I think I was actually sweating.

Juggs glad to see you back and a nice read aswell.

Georgia offense > Alabama Offense

Georgia Tech won it at the right time.

I know about the LSU offense so what about the D!!

Burton might shadder all records at V.T. It will always come down to defense with that squad.

Alabama is updated!!!

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    -7??? da hell u at? you suppose to be on vacation!

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Had to go back to Wisco for the holidays. Dont worry next sunday I'll be back in Phoenix at the dome watching Aaron Rodgers and his receivers show the world that DRC is the worst Pro Bowl cornerback in history.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh: Nice write-up man. I think you have done one of the 3-4 best jobs of anybody in recruiting. I have to say Tennessee has separated himself, and then the group of LSU, Bama, Georgia round out the top 4. Clemson has to be considered for#5 due to the impact guys he tends to land. So to sum things up, in the day of reckoning, Alabama looks to be on solid ground.

My off the cuff rankings for top recruiters in this version of the game: (quality of players on the current roster, not by the recruiting rankings)

Tennessee
    Georgia
    Alabama
    LSU
    Clemson
    Auburn
    Florida
    Florida State
    Va Tech
    Georgia Tech
    North Carolina
    Miami

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'll take #5 all day. Considering that I started as a 3 star with only 5 four stars interested year one....

Still a better recruiter than LSU since the only guys he gets are the ones that are handed to him.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd take Miami and UNC over me, I'm easily the worst and I don't try to play with the big boys for recruits neither.