Exclusive Interview - Coach Hale

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 5, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

The Cathedral Chronicle sat down with Coach Hale for another candid interview after his somewhat abrupt firing on Wednesday night. He had already accepted an offer to be the offensive coordinator for the bottom-dwelling 3-8 Pac-12 team Washington State Cougars...

The Chronicle: Coach, you had one year at Vegas. Do you have some thoughts on your firing?

Coach Hale: Yea, ya know... life's not fair and I didn't get it done. There ya go. We were 4-8. Not great. I mean I would be lying if I wasn't a little dissappointed at the lack of chance to prove myself, but in the end, the big boys didn't like what was happening and they let me go... hard to blame them for that. I can only blame myself. I didn't get it done.

The Chronicle: Wow. Uhh... I have to be honest Coach. I thought you would probably be pretty darn angry and give us some of that typical notorious Coach Hale-speak following your early ouster.

Coach Hale: I'm a passionate guy. And I like to speak my mind. You know that. Well, I'm speaking my mind. I didn't get it done. And I'm gonna miss those kids. Definitely had developed a bond with those knuckleheads, ya know. And all the kids I was recruiting. I'm gonna miss them. Huge dissapointment for me relationally there. I love those kids.

The Chronicle: Well, I guess the good news is that you already signed on to be the coordinator at Washington State. It's not a head gig, and recently they haven't been very good, but it's still a BCS gig. You have to be excited about that.

Coach Hale: I am. I mean, maybe this is what you are looking for... They aren't very good. I can tell you that. Not like I just signed up for Bama or something. But I'm absolutely stoked. And I'm thankful. I owe the Cougar AD a lot for giving me a shot... taken a chance on a mouthy arrogant litlte-bit of a dickhead kid like myself. And I'll remember that. You remember that too. I owe him a lot. And I'm loyal.

The Chronicle: Are you kinda scared? Your first gig you failed. You fear failure now?

Coach Hale: Sure I am. But I'm confident as well. Real confident. We are gonna get it done at Washington State.

The Chronicle: Thanks for this interview Coach. We'll wrap things up with this... Rumor is that the Wyoming Coach was taking some jabs at you, laughing a bit about you getting fired, something along the lines of you getting what you deserved. Thoughts?

Coach Hale: Umm, a) he has never beat me and will never beat me, b) he is a mormon, so he is going to hell and c) he is a....

wait, I gotta run. His wife is calling me right now to meet up.

• Like Like x 5
  2. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

That was greatness!

3. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

That's what your wife said (y)

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

correction....wives

5. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Nice Gramps nice

7. vatechhokie01

maybe the most messed up thing this league has ever produced.

Gramps has been removed from co-commissioner.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

and as other co commish...he is reinstated

• Like Like x 1
  9. vatechhokie01

changed both co-commissioners to "assistant to the commissioner"s and have now removed gramps from this assistant position

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

As Commish of my own league, I do believe according to TSO, that being a Commish in TSO basically makes me Co Commish in this league....so I over rule your dismissal of myself, reinstate
    myself as Co Commish and by the powers vested in me.......

And in a secret vote just held seconds ago, Tuna and I voted you out as Commish......Tuna is commish of the Cathedral as you can only be a commish in one TSO League...

11. vatechhokie01

have at it. and good luck. mullen is too nice of a girl to do this job.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

whoa whoa gramps....i dont want this trainwreck. I want to have a little power, back the commish when if benefits me, then mock him endlessly

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Wimp!....all that big talk about taking over and you fold before the first decision.....

14. vatechhokie01

only memphis and akron scored fewer points than Washington State last year. yikes.