Experience 2011 MVP

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Experience 2011 MVP

Experience 2011 MVP – Preseason Watch List

Name Team Position Year OVR Comments
    Julio Jones Alabama WR Senior 99 Contrary to popular belief, Mr. Jones is the leader of the most talented team on paper again in 2011. Alabama has an amazing 11 players rated 95+ OVR. He will be the main target for new QB AJ McCarron.
    DaQuan Bowers Clemson DE Senior 99 A beastly kid, with size, strength and speed. He will look to terrorize opposing QB’s all season. Expect him to rack up 12-15 sacks this year and contend for the Lombardi award.
    Terrelle Pryor Ohio St QB Senior 97 Physically, he’s been the most talented QB in the nation for 2 years, can he finally put up the numbers on the field to match? Coach Shaun has promised a new offense this year, only time will tell.
    Jacory Harris Miami QB Senior 94 Missed the entire 2010 season due to injury, but returns with a veteran WR corp to wreak havoc on the ACC. Coach Hova has sworn revenge on Miami and Virginia, but perhaps he should worry about keeping Harris upright?
    Fozzy Whittaker Texas HB Senior 93 When healthy last year, he was a running machine, as evidenced by a 200+ yard day vs Oklahoma St. Texas has 4 solid backs and Coach Dru likes to spread out the carries, so it’s unlikely he puts up the stats to win this award.
    Caleb King Georgia HB Senior 92 Another player who missed a large portion of 2010. Coach Psycho likes to run the ball, and he has very little depth at HB, so King is a candidate to run for 2,000 yards if he stays healthy.
    Bert Reed Florida St WR Senior 92 The Noles lost a lot of offensive firepower with Chris Ponder and Jermaine Thomas taking their talents to South Beach, er, the NFL. Bert Reed is the best of a really nice WR group who will make the new QB’s job a bit easier.
    Larry Caper Michigan St HB Junior 90 Caper leads the rushing attack for our other run-happy coach at East Lansing. He’ll get the carries, and JC has the stick skills to user juke the CPU into submission. Another guy that could sniff 2,000 yards if he stays out of the training room.
    John Brantley Florida QB Senior 88 Even though there are more talented players on the Gators offense (Demps/Rainey), Brantley is the straw that stirs the drink for the Sherminator. He put up 3500+ yards and 30+ TD’s in 2010, expect more of the same in 2011.
    Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St QB Senior 88 Was the most prolific passer in the nation in 2010, leading the nation in yards, TD’s and INT’s. He needs to cut back on the turnovers, especially in user games, if he wants his team to contend.
    Denard Robinson Michigan QB Junior 84 Similar to Brantley on Florida, Robinson is surrounded by elite skill position talent, but Coach Jello has stated that Robinson is the biggest playmaker on the Wolverine offense. The question is, can he stay on the field long enough to make an impact, as he was injured for a large portion of 2010.
    Michael Dyer Auburn HB Sophomore 83 The baby of this group, Dyer took over in the Tiger backfield after an injury to Onterrio McCallebb in 2010, and I expect him to win the job in camp. Coach Basis has stated that the offense needs to open up a bit to compete, but I see him giving the ball quite a bit to this talented underclassman.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Damn you Michael Dyer! I was 1 point away from having the lowest rated guy on the list.:mad:

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Damn! Michigan only has 1 guy 95+ (my center) and only 8 guys rated 90+.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Cry me a river...I only have 4 guys 90+ ovr, and my highest is 93 (my kicker).

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You mean sworn revenge on UNC, not Miami :)

6. Dru50

Everyones a critic...

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Auburn has 2 guys 90+ and I'm pretty sure we're the worst rated user team. For now.

BTW with my new offensive system, it will be tough for either McCallebb or Dyer to do anything as they are going to basically split 50/50 so long as they both stay healthy.

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Georgia would like to name their grounds keeper as an MVP candidate. He seems to be the only person in Athens committed to doing an excellent job every gameday.

Bulldogs lick balls!!!!

9. Dru50

Experience 2011 MVP – Watch List

Through week 8:

Trent Richardson Alabama HB Junior 96 Coach Masler finally figured out the key to winning with his ludicrously talented squad - RUN THE BALL!!! Richardson is among the national leaders in all rushing statistics with 208 carries for 1,419 yards and 20 TD's.
    Equae Nosa Auburn DE Sophomore 87 Leads the team and is among the national leaders with 10 sacks.
    DaQuan Bowers Clemson DE Senior 99 Leads his team in tackles (41), TFL (24) and sacks (9).
    Terrelle Pryor Ohio St QB Senior 97 Having a good year throwing the ball, with 1,380 yards and 15 TD's, but what happened to his legs? He has negative rushing yards on the season. Coach Shaun, you're ruining the most talented rushing QB in the nation, what's up with that?
    Jacory Harris Miami QB Senior 94 What might have been? That's what Coach Hova is thinking about last season, as Harris is having a great season with 1,789 yards passing and 16 TD's, while throwing only 5 INT's.
    Kheeston Randall Texas DT Senior 93 The leader of perhaps the top DL in the country. Randall is having a tremendous season for a DT, with 26 tackles (top on team), 9 sacks (top on team) and 19 TFL (top on team).
    Caleb King Georgia HB Senior 92 As expected, Coach Psycho is running the rock. He's like Mike Shanahan, plug in a back and they pick up big yards. King is among the national rushing leaders with 1,188 yards and 11 TD's on 177 carries.
    Bert Reed Florida St WR Senior 92 The Noles are having a bit of a slow year offensively, especially with all the talent that they had returning. Reed is still their top weapon, with 472 yards receiving and 4 scores.
    Larry Caper Michigan St HB Junior 90 Caper is having another great year, leading the #2 team in the nation with 731 yards and 14 TD.
    John Brantley Florida QB Senior 88 Having a pretty good year passing the ball, with 2,094 yards and 19 TD's, but has turned it over too much with 13 INT's.
    Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St QB Senior 88 Similar to Brantley, Weeden is having a nice year throwing the ball, with 2,190 yards and 14 scores, but he is throwing too many INT's (13).
    Denard Robinson Michigan QB Junior 84 Suprisingly, Robinson has been much better passing than running. He has 1,278 yards passing with 12 TD's, but has carried it only 46 times all season. Why is Coach Jello hamstringing this kid?

10. Hova

11. Dru50

Bump for discussion.

Richardson (who looked to be the runaway favorite) going down for likely the rest of the year opens the race up to some other candidates.

My top 3 right now would be:
    1. Harris
    2. King
    3. Richardson

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Compared to King's injury replacement last year, Thomas, King's may be the Bulldogs MVP, but should not get National MVP recognition... although looking at what the list of MVPs have done, I guess King should be on the top 3 list.

My MVP vote will be decided with the Iron Bowl, and the SEC Championship (if Bama gets in). Bama struggles running the ball, I'll still consider Richardson to be the MVP... if Bama runs all over Auburn, then to me what Richardson did becomes less MVP like, and Harris would get my vote.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I can't speak to anyone else's candidates, but I don't think Caper should be top 3 for the national MVP either. The running game dictates whether or not I win or lose, but I split my carries between Caper and Baker. Some games Caper shows up, where in others Baker shows up. Caper has better stats simply because he is the "starter" and is the default running back.

Also, looking at my two user games thus far, in one game Caper was completely shut down (OSU) while Cousins went nuts, and in the other Caper went nuts while Cousins was shut down (Michigan). Definitely not MVP worthy.

14. Dru50

Just to be clear, for this year my first two updates list the top candidate from each team. Several teams (Auburn, Texas, Mich St, Michigan) were tough to figure out who to name due to the stats being fairly spread around several players. I also didn't really dig into the user game results, but will factor that in down the road.

My plan, similar to last year, is to narrow the list down to a top 5 or 6 by the end of the regular season with the voting to be completed by the bowls.

15. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Good luck with the list. Last year I thought we had a handful of players with really good numbers, did average to good in user games (so no drop off from cpu to user), and 2 players with huge numbers. Making the MVP a two horse race, but at least you had other choices.

This year numbers are up, down and overall average, for most of the MVP candidates, and one of the sure fire top listers just got hurt.

Actually, I have a dark horse... Clemson's Bowers. Clemson has not played a user and is due to play 3 users in a row starting with me tonight. Basically means that this guy is about to get his first tastes of prime-time football. If this guy goes off and dominates 2 of the next 3 games, I'd have to put him in there for MVP consideration.

BTW - I'm already got a deposit down for a billboard in time square for Jordan Hall 2012 Experience MVP. :D

16. Dru50

I hear ya Psyco, it's going to be tricky.

My guy Kheeston Randall has a shot as a dark-horse defensive candidate as well. He has awesome numbers for a DT, and I have user games 2 of the next 3 weeks.

You may have some competition in 2012 from Texas QB Connor Wood or WR Marquise Goodwin if he returns for his senior year.

17. Hova

Harris has to play well verse Texas throwing the ball, or he will be unworthy

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I doubt Richardson will win this, he played well in every game but one, but still had two major (possibly 3) game left and got injured. I don't know if you will do this like NCAA does and immediately drop him for injury but I don't expect him to win now that he is hurt. Harris (my backup HB) does a good job running the ball but I doubt he will show up vs Auburn.

19. Dru50

Hard to say right now, but I like Psycho's mode of thinking. If your backup comes in and is putting up 200 yards a game like Richardson was, that would seem to indicate that it's more a function of your line than the back.

If your backup struggles and the other backs in contention haven't caught him stats wise, it would be tough to leave him off. He is blowing away the field in rushing stats.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea he is thinking in a good manner, Harris has yet to play a real defense, he did well vs Vandy and that defense didn't scare me. Will we find out vs LSU

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Bowers better step it up. He's a senior and its now or never. Beating Georgia and OK State would be nice, but we need to win at home vs FSU to get to the ACC championship game. That's our first goal. We will need him to dominate at the LOS against all these tough teams.

22. Dru50

Experience 2011 MVP – Watch List

Through week 8:

Trent Richardson Alabama HB Junior 96 Even while missing the past 2 games due to injury, Richardson still leads the nation in rushing with 1,713 yards and 22 TD's. His backup is only averaging around 4 YPC since Trent went down, so it's not just Bama's line leading to his stats.
    Equae Nosa Auburn DE Sophomore 87 Leads the team and is among the national leaders with 11 sacks.
    DaQuan Bowers Clemson DE Senior 99 Leads his team in tackles (41), TFL (24) and sacks (9). Hasn't had much of an impact in the past several games.
    Terrelle Pryor Ohio St QB Senior 97 Having a good year throwing the ball, with 2,165 yards and 24 TD's, but only averaging 0.2 ypc.
    Jacory Harris Miami QB Senior 94 One of the best passers in the country, with 3,037 yards passing and 25 TD's, while throwing only 9 INT's.
    Texas Starting DL Texas All Various Various I make the list, and to me the #2 team has to have a candidate, and these 4 guys are it. I've never seen anything quite like this - DE's Alex Okafor and Tevin Mims with DT's Kheeston Randall and Calvin Howell have combined for 40 sacks on the season. The sacks are split pretty evenly with the lowest (Howell) having 8 and the highest (Randall and Okafor) having 11. They have dominated for the Horns all year.
    Caleb King Georgia HB Senior 92 King continues to put up the numbers, with 1,574 yards and 16 TD's.
    Bert Reed Florida St WR Senior 92 Still the Noles leading WR with 756 yards and 6 scores.
    Larry Caper Michigan St HB Junior 90 The main cog in the offense of the surprise team in 2011 - Caper has 1,262 yards and 19 TD's.
    John Brantley Florida QB Senior 88 Brantley has had a disappointing season in the win column, but he's put up some numbers - 3,190 yards passing and 31 TD's. INT's have haunted him however, as he has 20 so far.
    Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St QB Senior 88 I think Weeden is wishing he'd gone pro, his draft stock is plummeting. Has thrown for 3,276 yards, but his TD to INT ratio is poor with 22 TD vs 18 INT.
    Denard Robinson Michigan QB Junior 84 Robinson has picked it up in the running department, and now has 404 yards rushing and 7 TD to go with 2,040 yards passing and 18 TD.

23. Dru50

The list will be paired down to a top 5 after the final regular season game.

Discuss amongst yourselves, I'd like to get thoughts on who the top 5 should be.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Discusses... with self. :D

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have a feeling Caper could catch up, at least in the TD column. Not sure about the yardage