Experience Discussion I

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 6, 2011.

?

Who has the best running game in the Experience?

1. JC

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Suge

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Nautica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dakota7

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Bill Flo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Wazzu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Recch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. GoGators

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Masler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Texateacoat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Alright, I'm borrowing this idea from @JrRawlins in the Deuce, so props to him for the idea. I'm going to post a handful of these threads over the next couple weeks to try to get some discussion going in here.

The idea behind this is 2 parts. 1) Get some chatter going and 2) provide some feedback about where you may rate in the Experience.

So without further rambling, topic #1:

Who has the best running game in the Experience and why?

@dakota7
    @bill flo
    @reccheem2000
    @wazzucougs
    @jcspartan
    @Nautica
    @Big Suge Knight
    @aj hart
    @texateacote
    @MaslerBoros16

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Anyone can put up numbers on the CPU, and I haven't played a game where someone has really run on me. I might have to wait till Tue end of the season and vote

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Well having played dakota the most followed by wazzu, then everybody else about once, I'd have to say dakota has ran the ball the best on me. Maybe it's because we've played so many times, but he always seems to catch me off guard and crack off some long runs. JC, Nautica, and Masler also ran the ball pretty well and kept me honest.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

To me someone who consistently gains 4-5yds per carry is better than someone who gets lucky and breaks a high one. I guess that is why I can't really say who is the best I've played against. I guess if you want to go by stats I would have to say gators, but his running game was mostly ineffective besides one 70 some odd yd run. The only player that o have seen come right out of Tue gates and run it down my throat was mogriff.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I haven't seen anyone that I would consider the best.. I'm with Nautica on this one.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Suge has ran the ball effectively againt me and I haven't played LSU enough to really know his style. Gators rarely runs on me so I can't vote him.

7. GoGators

I don't think my name should even be included in this debate. I just included it cause I included everyone else. I definitely don't have the best ground and pound game in the league.

For me it's a toss up between Dakota, Masler and Suge. Masler has given me fits on the ground but I've usually been able to figure him out eventually. Dakota's passing game stands out to me more than his running game and I've only played Suge once. From what I recall though Suge and I had a really tight game and he kept things very balanced and was able to sustain his ground game w/o becoming one dimensional so I'll give him the nod in this one.

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would probably have to go JC in this one b/c he always seems to be able to get tough yards in our games.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I appreciate the guys who mentioned my name, but I don't think its me. I always talk a good game about pounding the rock, but it seems I always fall back to throwing the ball.

Masler and I haven't played, but it seems he always has a top ten running back. JC and I played along time ago, season 2 I think, and he had some success on the ground in that game if I remember correctly. But same as masler, JC always has that top ten running back. When Nautica and I played last season I was really impressed how he kept me off balance with his playcalling, primarily his running attack. The mix of draws and counters had me confused the whole game. (I was better prepared this year, lol) I know recchem would like to pound it, but with that 72 overall offensive line its tough.

Bill is tough to stop on offense, he mixes his attack up really well. I usually try to focus on shutting down the run and he catches me in a run blitz with a WR screen and breaks it 60 yards for a td. How many times has that happened bill? If I had just those 4 or 5 plays back, ugh...............

Anyway, I don't know who to vote for, to be honest.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I love running the ball and really miss this game. For anyone that has ever played me they can attest to this. I just really hope my name is on this board come 2012 as I consider myself to have a fairly decent ground game.

11. GoGators

I can +1 this. Playing against you using that multiple playbook was a nightmare. If you were still here I'd probably give you the nod. Suge runs a similar style to you though but he's NOT a flaker :)

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

ouch

13. AJ Hart MN

This release has been all about the passing game! I've played MSU and Michigan multiple times and I'm not sure if either have ever came close to 100 yards on the ground. I probably haven't either.. Basically, the only decent runs everyone has is when the passing game set's it up.

14. GoGators

I disagree. I've been beat by Emmdotfrisk's GT team a few times in the Deuce and he refuses to throw the ball. 3rd and long, he's running it right at ya. So it is possible to pound away with the rock. It's also how I had my only loss to Georgia when in season 2 Psycho ran I-tight majority of the game. His ground game was relentless, then he left the dynasty.

Btw, what's the word on Psycho? Is he in the draft?

15. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, but that's 2 examples out of probably 100 or so user games.. Usually the team that throws the rock and doesn't turn the ball over wins. Obviously, there are examples of people using the run game to win but that's usually because they have such a dominant line or something. It's very possible to win using the run, run, run mentality but that's rare from my user game experiences.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Thanks I think.

17. GoGators

With @AJ Hart MN and PSU's big win over Michigan this week and his 3rd string HB going for 100+ perhaps AJ should be getting some more love in this conversation? I can't do it cause he didn't do anything against me offensively the one time we played but perhaps that's changed.

Nice ground and pound in the UofM game AJ.

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Sorry I don't support cheesers....lol,jk

• Like Like x 1
  19. AJ Hart MN

All those yards were set up because my passing game was doing so well.. Most of those yards came in the second half when my o-line was really playing great. He's not horrible (85 overall) just doesn't have any speed.

@GoGators

I don't think anything I did against you was considered even bad. It was disgusting!! Hopefully I get another chance against you. The last couple of seasons, I've been able to get a bit more speed, hopefully I would deserve to be on the same field with you this time.

20. AJ Hart MN

That was 3-1/2 seasons ago.. That team was pretty good but my defense was so slow (all my corners were 70-74 overall's). I didn't even get a chance to run as I was down 21 before I knew it. My passing wasn't atrocious I don't think but my receivers were god awful. I have some more weapons now. (y)

21. GoGators

Just waiting on @JCspartan2 and @wazzucougs input and then I'll start our second `11 debate.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Is this even a debate? Everyone knows my running game is the best!

Only kidding, but I do pride myself on being able to run the ball with multiple backs against users most of the time. I've had to get away from in recently because my O-line had been poor, but now all my recruits have grown up and I'm having more success again. With the exception of last season, my HB's don't usually carry a full load as I like to spread the carries out.

Suge and AJ both have torn me up through the air but not on the ground. I've held Suge to negative rushing yards once or twice, but that was back when he was running that option attack. I've only played the rest of you once with the exception of Masler. I don't remember what Masler did against me on the ground but I think he had to give up on it in the 2nd half and become more pass oriented. I know that neither Bill or Gators moved the ball on the ground much against me.

It's hard for me to choose a user running game based on my user games, my secondary has been so bad that a lot of you haven't even tried to run consistently. If I had to choose I think I would lean towards Suge, but only his post spread-option teams.

23. GoGators

Alrighty then. Sounds like we can't really crown anyone as having the best rushing attack in the Experience. Suge gets an honorable mention for now.

24. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Late to the party here, but I have to echo what @ AJ Hart MN said, I feel this yrs game has been more so on the passing game. @ GoGators told me I needed to run the ball more after our game, just seems like you can move the ball better while throwing it.

25. GoGators

I didn't tell you that you needed to run the ball more. I jokingly said you needed to get some balance because your running backs were way too good to not get more touches.