Experience Discussion III - Best Gameplanner

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 11, 2011.

?

Best Gameplan?

1. JC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Suge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nautica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wazzu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Recch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dakota

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  8. Bill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gators

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. Texacotea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Masler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

In your experiences, which coach comes into each user game with the best gameplan and has the tenacity to stick with it for the entire game?

Who gets their Bill Belichick on the most here?

2. GoGators

I wanted to be able to vote for Masler here but just couldn't do it. I have to give an honorable mention to Masler though. He's came into all our games with an idea and done his best to stick with it. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to execute his gameplan for an entire game so I can't give him the nod here.

I also considered Suge here but we've only played once so I couldn't go with him over my other choice. I know for certain that if Recch had a better team and had been around longer this would probably be his award but I haven't played him so I couldn't vote for him either.

I voted for Dakota and it wasn't by default. FSU always came into our games with what seemed like a great plan to stay balanced and setup plays like play action passes and screens. (I can still see that one damn wheel route you hit on me!) I also picked Dakota because to start `11 those who were here I'm sure remember the big blow up and discussion that took place regarding our first FSU vs UF game. Well since those, Dakota has come a long way in how he plays the game and has taken his game to the next level because of it. I'm looking forward to playing him again this season for this fact. So props to you D.

3. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

This would have to be the best "AWARD" to receive IMO. To have a gameplan against each opponent and stick to it throughout the game usually results in a win. I cant exaclty vote for anyone here but I would say this is/if not the most important key to a game.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I guess I have to give Gators another vote here. I don't know if I have ever made him switch off his gameplan (maybe once or twice). But for the most part he has stuck to it.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That means a lot man, thank you.

I will tell you one thing, I have been working on our game this year for the past 2 seasons. I will be ready.

Lol

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

This is hard for me. I'm assuming by game planner we're talking about a guy who comes out with a plan specialized to beat that opponent. I guess it could always be the same, but usually it would be different. Right?

Nautica and I played twice so far and we split. The first time, he mixed up his playcalling and really had me off balance the whole game. That first game made me rethink not only what I'm doing defensively, but what I do offensively. Based on just that one game, I'd give it to him.

Bill and I haved played every year. Bill rarely strays from his balanced attack, so I can't say that his gameplanning changes at all. However, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Bill uses the passing game to set up the run. Very well.

Gators.............sigh. I'm not sure if he really ever has to worry about what his opponent does. If he shows up, doesn't turn the ball over or make any mistakes, he's gonna be right there for the win. I guess that is gameplanning, maybe at its simplest form.

7. GoGators

LOL, yeah I probably wouldn't vote for myself in this one. I'd like to be able to do more gameplanning but the way the game is currently made it simply doesn't allow it for me. I'm looking forward to the custom playbooks and hopefully fixed gameplay in `12 to address this. The thing I have always loved most about football is the strategy. However since it's tough to run the ball out of the spread formations against users I can't really use that so much. My typical gameplanning consists of looking at the other teams roster and finding that weak link I want to attack. With the lack of true defense in this years game there isn't much to do.

Hopefully in `12 the spread option will work in user games and I'll really be able to display my full arsenal. You could ask the guys from Southern Exposure last year, I ran that Urban Meyer spread and shred perfectly. Hopefully I can get back to that next year.

One aspect that has probably gone under the radar this year for me is my defensive gameplanning. Everyone tends to have an offensive focus but the key to my success this year has been my defense. Take the UF vs FSU games, the only difference would be UF would come up with that one big INT or stop somewhere late in the game to lock it up.

For majority of the seasons I'd go through and completely tailor my defense using formation subs and getting the right guys on the field for their skill set in the right situations and matchups. I won't give away anything more than that but I'd say that's been the #1 reason I've been so successful this year.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If you can run out of the shotgun next year...I'm going to be nasty.

9. GoGators

You realize we were in two leagues together and we only played each other once the entire year and that was in a BCS game. And to make it better, you were responsible for scheduling in one of the leagues. I state this cause I really have no idea how good you were in this years game. All I know is that Andre Debose owns you :)

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yea, it's funny. I'm mediocre, I just changed my mental games from sandbagging to @KnightNoles.

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm gonna be selfish here and say me. Based on the fact that (I think) I'm the only one who hasn't changed offensive or defensive playbooks all year.

Purdue offense and multiple defense has been the game plan all year. But, then again, maybe that's why I'm 0-3 vs the Big 10 lol. Purdue sucks!!

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Me being a ND fan I agree that purdue does infact suck