Experience Sports Network - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by HoundsOfHowl, Jul 12, 2013.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

[​IMG]

The Experience

Sorry for the tag, but we're going with a new set up for the ESN. Our weekly content should come out on Mondays (possibly Sundays), Wednesdays, and Fridays. Now with that being said, it will be up to you to keep track of this if you want to follow. I will post links to our videos in a post and then you can discuss from there, or if its a written blog it will just be typed out. Also if you want to find a video or blog check here in the OP for quick links to all the seasons material. Plus also look for additional content put out by myself or UofC throughout the season.

Sunday/Monday - Interviews and All other news/topics

Wednesday - GOTW / Player of the Week

Friday - Recruiting Update / Power Rankings

2013 Videos

Preseason -

Interviews / All other News Videos -
    (Week 1-4)

GOTW / POTW Videos -
    (Week 1-4)
    (Week 6-10)

Power Rankings / Recruiting Roundup Videos -

(Week 1-4)

2013 Blogs

Preseason Interviews - Experience Sports Network - 2013 Season

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
  2. HoundsOfHowl

Experience Sports Network - 2013 Preseason Blog

Welcome everyone to the ESN 2013 preseason blog, presented by IBO. Over the next few minutes of reading you will get to know all the coaches in the Experience for the 2013 season. We have tons of information for you waiting to be read, so dig in. Don't forget to check back later this weekend for the first official video session for the 2013 preseason talking about everything from; Conference outlooks, coaches, the league, and the preseason All-E team : presented by IBO & UofC.

PS, Don't know why there is 5 spoilers for Masler and 2 for Jello, but the last one's have the content. I tried fixing it about 5 times, same thing happens

First off our league commissioner Masler - Michigan State Spartans
    As the commissioner of the Experience, what are your goals for the last generation of NCAA on current gen system
    The same as I've always expected. We will play this release until the release of NCAA '15. I want new rivalries to form and old rivalries to be revived. Even though the Xbox One is being released in November, there is no NCAA title for it...at least not yet. The general concensus seems to be NCAA 15 will be on the One. But until that happens, everyone should continue to meet my expectations.

Any new rules that you have added that the league should be aware of?
    There are a couple, such as my Three Strike Policy. I consider game summaries mandatory. If a user misses three consecutive advances they will be removed, each missed advance counts as a strike. If you miss half of the advances in one season, that same policy applies. Same thing also applies for game summaries, I can't express enough how easy it is to write a quick game summary, most of the time people can do them immediately after the game and it takes roughly 10 minutes for a good one. Another rule is Punters may no longer be at the Kicker position and vice versa. The only other rule change I can think of off the top of my head is Playclock, no one may drain the clock over 3 minutes in the 4th quarter. Each member, new or old, should still read the rules and get familiar with them.
    What are your expectations for the members of the league this cycle?
    Keep up with your game summaries, it is the only mandatory content I have. I would like to see more people getting involved in discussions though we never have had a real problem. More Recruiting Updates from everyone would be nice too. Let's get some organization to it as well, I like when the same person writes each summary the same way such as Jello or myself. It makes it easier to find in the thread and creates some consistency.
    You have chosen Michigan State for the 2014 league, tell us a little bit about your choice.
    Well that's obvious. I knew I wanted the B1G in there somewhere for NCAA 14 and when it was decided we would be solely that I jumped at the chance. I am a diehard Michigan State fan but a previous member was also diehard and had the rights to them before I came along. He has since left us and I claimed them as quickly as I could. That and I used my commish power a little to have my way . GO GREEN!!!

In the Experience, it is known that you are a good player but hover around the middle of the pack. How do you think that you’ll fair this year?
    I would like to be more consistent. I don't want to be dominant because that has the potential to get boring. I think and hope it takes a couple years to get on track and that I capture a couple of B1G Titles and maybe take Sparty to the NCG at some point. Overall I will probably be more motivated to win since I have my favorite team and I know they have the potential.
    Looking at your roster, what are your big areas of improvement over the first few seasons?
    I think it is time to rebuild MSU's running game. Losing Caper, Baker and Bell have left big holes in our backfield. Nick Hill is capable and his backup Langford is fast but what about after that? Who is going to take over when they leave or possibly fall with injury? I think MSU will be set at QB for a while with Cook backing up Maxwell and that new kid we just recruited who got some good praise. The O Line is going to be a big area of focus as well, MSU would have won 5 more games last season if the O Line had lived up to their potential. I have had much chance to look at our defense but a couple big players will be leaving after the first season such as Max Bullough and Darqueze Dennard so I will need to beef up my secondary and LB Corps as well. College football experts are ranking MSU's defense up there with the nation's elite, let's see if that plays out.

Interview with Jello1717 - Illinois Fighting Illini
    With the new ‘Coach Skills’ feature, how do you see yourself building skills up over your career?
    My OC will be all about the rushing attack. That's the 1 thing I know for sure. As for myself, I'll probably favor recruiting, but there are some nice things under game management too. At the end of the OD however, I'm sure I'll be tilted towards recruiting.

You took a mediocre Illinois team, how long will it take you to build them to the caliber of your 4 time national championship SMU team?
    In the past 2 releases, I've taken a team (ASU in '12, SMU in '13) and built them up to 6* schools in the shortest possible time (3 years). Once I built our prestige the wins came rolling in (with 2 national titles in '12 and 4 in '13). I hope to replicate this in '14, but in '13 there were only 5 other users in my conference and in '12 there were only 3. With a 1 conference setup in '14 I think it'll be much more difficult to rise quickly through the prestige ranks.

The “rivalry” between you and UofC goes back to Arizona v. Arizona St. How does it feel knowing that you’ll be squaring off again in a yearly rivalry game with him?
    I LOVE it! We were in the same division in '12, and then in the same conference as protected rivals in '13 so we've played at least once every season for the past 2 releases. This will continue in '14 as we're not only division mates, but rivals as well (and I'm probably one of his very few rivals). I absolutely destroyed him in '12, but in '13 no one beat me more times than he did (but I was still 9-3 against him). I'm really looking forward to this rivalry again.

You’ve been known as the power recruiter in the Experience for a few years now. Do you think the new changes to recruiting will affect that or will you continue to dominate?
    I'm actually pretty worried about recruiting in '14 as they've taken away a lot of the tools that I used to dominate the recruiting trail. For starters they've removed promises. Sure in past games everyone could use promises, but I think I did a good job of using that at the right times. They also removed "negative recruiting" which I used HEAVILY in recruiting battles to great effect. With those tools no longer available I'm worried that I'll become a very average recruiter in '14.

Interview with BlLL Flo - Purdue Boilermakers
    The Old Oaken Bucket rivalry is the only preserved protected rivalry remaining in the B1G. How excited are you getting to keep this game each year, and what are your thoughts on your opposing coach, Hova?
    The Bucket game is one of the best rivalries in the B1G. I have a feeling this will be no different in the Experience vs Hova and his Hoosiers. Hova and I have some history together when in our Clemson-Miami days when we would clash for the ACC title. Hova was always a tough opponent with the Canes so it will be interesting to see who has the early advantage on the field and in recruiting.

Being with your favorite team, you must be excited. But on the other hand, Purdue has been down for a few years. What do you look to do to reverse this trend?
    I'm going to enjoy being the Boilers until I get to into the games and get upset after a loss. But then maybe the wins will be better too. Purdue has gone to two bowl games in a row at the end of the Danny Hope era but barely qualified with 6 regular season wins. This year it's going to be all about user games so any week you can lose. We will have to get off to a fast start but It won't be easy with Cincinnati and Notre Dame in the non-conference schedule. Bottom line is you win and you can recruit better. We can build something like we did at Baylor but it's going to be a lot tougher in West Lafayette.

Last release, yourself, Jello, and UofC battled regularly in your division. What rivalries do you look to see in your division this year aside from the obvious Indiana-Purdue rivalry?
    UofC, Masler, and I battled for the division. Jello would be waiting in the CCG for whomever won. The west is stacked this year with UofC, Dakota, and Jello. Add myself in there and that's every MNC winner for '13. All of those matchup will be intense but last time Dakota was at UW, he owned us all.

What is the first thing you look forward to doing on the recruiting trail? Jello is known as the best but do you think you can make noise early?
    Yes, Jello has the most experience with recruiting but this year it's a new recruiting system. Nobody quite knows exactly what to expect. The battles are going to be even more intense with everyone competing for the same recruits. I know recruiting will be tough at Purdue, so we'll need to stick to our pipelines and do a good close closing on the guys we really want.

Interview with Abolishthefed - Nebraska Cornhuskers
    Being the most recent addition to the league, how do you see yourself fitting in?
    It is true that I am new to The Experience, but I have played against some of the members here. I played against Hova (3 years), Fmode (1 year), Masler (1 year) and Edge (1 year) in The Legacy. I played against Dakota in a mid majors league back in 2011. I also think I was in a league with Big Suge for a short time, but we never got to play against each other. Most of those guys are in the East division, so I look forward to testing my skills against some players I haven't faced.
    You have one of the best quarterbacks in the nation, Taylor Martinez, how does he fit into your coaching style, and what are your plans for him this year?
    My offense will be similar to the one Nebraska runs now. There will be elements of the power option combined with a short passing game. He will be throwing to Kenny Bell this season, so that also creates an opportunity to take the top off the defense and throw some vertical routes, if they creep an extra guy into the box or play man.
    My coaching style is not to have a style. I recruit the best player I can at each position and then change offenses / defenses yearly to give my team the best chance to win. If I have a mobile QB, I like to run pistol. If I have a strong armed QB, I'll roll with the I-formation power game. Offensively, my ideal team would have a bruising FB and linemen that can move people.
    Do you plan on reviving the Black Shirts on defense, or do you plan to focus more on the offense at Nebraska?
    Basically, it shouldn't be difficult to improve the defense from the Huskers' actual performance in 2012. They were horrendous, giving up more than 60 points to both Ohio State and Wisconsin. I would like to get back to Nebraska's roots and recruit a strong front 7 that stops the run.
    Aside from Taylor Martinez, who on the Nebraska roster excites you the most?
    Nebraska returns 9 starters on offense. They will have to score points in bunches, as the defense only returns 4 starters from a team that stunk last season. The chief target on offense will be Kenny Bell. Bell was a first team All-B1G WR last season. He has a great combination of speed and route running ability, that will make him Martinez's favorite target. Also, I want to get Braylon Heard some carries because he is a Northeast Ohio guy.

Interview with Dakota7 - Wisconsin Badgers
    Who do you see being your biggest battle each year at Wisconsin?
    Jello, bill and uofc are extremely tough competition. I'm certain that all the conference games will be tough and I don't expect an easy road at all. The recruiting looks to be very difficult as well.
    Being back with Wisconsin, does it just feel right?
    I'm excited to have the Badgers again. I had a good run there a couple cycles ago, but things are very different this time around. Getting a conference championship with all 12 users in the B1G is quite an accomplishment.
    You easily have one of the best batch of runningbacks in the league. This plays dangerously into a veteran like yours hand. How excited are you about this?
    Overall a strong group. James White is solid and could be a Heisman candidate. I'm disappointed that Melvin Gordon is underrated in the default roster file (too slow at 88 spd).
    How does the challenge of a user controlled Ohio St team entice you? I know they would of been hot commodities if available. Do you think they’ll fall into a computer death hole?
    OSU was off limits 2 cycles ago and stayed competitive almost all 9? seasons. It will be tougher for them this go around as they won't have a non-user conference game.

Interview with Hova - Indiana Hoosiers
    First off, welcome back to the Experience. What about this league made you want to join up again?
    I really enjoyed this league back in the day. My main reasons however were a lack of time to run my premier league and I wanted to be in a league with Masler, as we grew up together. The rule on TSO is one premier member per league so I choice to come here as my one NCAA league for the cycle.
    Having the second worst team in the league, what are your short term goals for building your program?
    Recruiting is going to be my main focus. The current roster will pry not have much success. I want to run a pro style but it is going to take some work. I am not sure what defense I want to bring to Indiana yet.
    Does this seem like more of a challenge with Indiana or do you feel a bit cheated out of a quality team?
    Challenge for sure. I def wanted a rebuild but IDK about worse in the league haha but I will make do. My biggest struggle will be recruiting so it may take me some time to get my system in here but I love the challenge! Makes winning more rewardable.
    The Old Oaken Bucket rivalry is the only preserved protected rivalry remaining in the B1G. How excited are you getting to keep this game each year, and what are your thoughts on your opposing coach, BlLL Flo?
    Crazy that we get matched up like this again! We had a great rivalry back in the day with MIA/Clemson. Bill is a great player so it should be a nice battle every year!

Interview with Bigrice25 - Maryland Terrapins
    You’ve been through a year of the E and have been asked back. How excited were you to hear the news on being asked back?
    I was very excited to be asked back. Being asked back meant that the Veterans of this league respected my game and sportsmanship. I look forward to building up this Maryland program and being able to compete with the more competitive teams of the league.
    Edge and yourself are taking teams from new conferences into the B1G this year, does that give you any advantage in recruiting versus your conference foes?
    I dont think being the new guys on the block gives us any advantages in recruiting. Especially against some of the more traditionally established teams in the Conference. If anything, I look to bring a new play-style to the league and hopefully pick up on some recruits that will be overlooked by some of the more established programs.

You’ve got a big challenge in the East with Ohio St, Michigan, MSU, and even Penn St. Where do you think you stack up?
    I dont know how we will stack up. We just look to be compete and to have the opportunity to pull some wins off. I know with enough hard work, eventually we will be mentioned amongst the top teams in the conference.
    Maryland is known for those outlandish uniforms. Do you plan on wearing them often?
    I'm really not a "uniform" guy. We will wear them, but it will be rarely. We are going to be a team that is known for our play, not our outlandish uniforms.

Interview with Fmode11 - Penn State Nittany Lions
    What about the Experience appealed to you the most when applying for Premier Leagues?
    I had discovered Masler was a Spartan fan, and I being an Alum, it drew me towards the E more so than any other league. I saw that because I used to coach in The legacy with a lot of the guys we now have here - which will be fun to rekindle some old rivalries. I left the Legacy to finish training for Ironman, which I completed in Mid May.
    We all know about the whole scandal that went on in the past, and now you have replaced Bill O’Brien for his part in the scandal. Do you plan on returning Penn St to the ‘Days of Joe’ or do you have a new outlook for the Nittany Lions?
    I have not had a chance to look at the roster in depth yet. My plans are to continue the tradition of defense at Penn State but deviate a little on the offensive side of the ball. I much prefer to hand the ball off and let the buffet guys up front clear the lanes for the back. Mixing in motion and options to the WR will also be present. Although mostly a traditional offense, elements that have made the likes of Oregon successful will be brought in to keep the defense true. Penn State had enjoyed years of success under JoePa before the scandal. Now after one year of O'Brien that program is looking to return to it's prominent position atop the B1G with consistency.
    Does having Penn St make you excited for your start with the Experience?
    I'm very excited. Being a B1G guys myself, I know a lot of the history and great games involved with many of these great schools. Penn State has one of the top home field advantages in college football and that advantage will be needed with some of the powerhouses in our division.
    With the likes of a computer Ohio St, Masler at MSU, and Big Suge at Michigan, how do you see yourself stacking up to the competition?
    I expect Penn State to be in contention every year for the division. It will be murder row playing scUM, MSU and OSU every year and I expect that for any team to develop any strangle hold on the division to be nearly impossible. It should provide an opportunity for each team to have a shot in the BTCC.

Interview with Edge7771 - Rutgers Scarlet Knights
    Out of all the Premier Leagues out there, what brought back to the Experience after your first departure?
    I’ve been in the league for quite a while, think Jello an I came in together. I never really wanted to leave but felt the league was changing with all the new members that were coming in. Played in a couple other league good leagues but felt none were on par with The Experience which is the best. We have great users on the field and the boards. Looking forward to continue building what I feel is one of the best overall leagues in the tradition.
    How do you plan on running your training camp this preseason?
    We have a lot of new coaches and young players. Everyone is going to have to feel one another out and build chemistry. The system won’t change and the former coach ran a similar system so the roster should fit the scheme. It will be a lot battling in the trenches to get the ground and pound nastiness installed.
    Having a new team placed into the B1G this year, how do you see the transition going?
    Could be hard, B1G is corn feed road grader league. Coming from the Big East you didn’t play a high caliber level team week in week out as you do mostly in the B1G. The Spread in the B1G is different from the normal spread as teams still run it predominantly. Big East you had multiple offensive schemes that threw and ran. Also will have change recruiting strategy to expand into the Midwest.
    What drew you to Rutgers more? The uniforms or the chance at a rebuild?
    A little of both to tell you the truth. The uniforms are very sharp and the combinations are sweet. But getting a chance to put your thumb print on a program and compete to get to the BCS championship is the ultimate reward.
    With all the recent trouble at Rutgers University, did that at all concern you with your decision on joining the Scarlet Knights?
    Yes it was because you were never sure what was going to happen. Just when you thought it was over another mess would pop up. With a new staff coming in and the school not having much success in the pass on the football field, that stuff doesn’t help. Could make kids and parents give pause as to whether they really want to come here.

Interview with Big Suge Knight - Michigan Wolverines
    Does being with the Wolverines make you more excited than usual for this release?
    I bleed Maize and Blue so having them as my team in The E. is always a big deal for me but I beat myself up a lot too b/c the losses feel that much worse.
    Michigan - Ohio State, one of the biggest rivalries in America. Tell us a little bit about how your team plans on winning this game each year.
    Turnovers are always my biggest concern. I will need to control the clock and dictate flow of the gam to be successful
    With the new ‘Coach Skills’ feature how do you see yourself building your skills up over your career?
    Not really sure at this point. I will need to really make time to get the feel for that new dynamic of the game
    Does the loss of Denard Robinson scare you at all or will his loss be one of little concern?
    Not really because Devin Gardner is a playmaker in his own right. It will be good see hm come in as the #1 guy and show he has earned that spot.

Interview with UofCWildcat - Northwestern Wildcats
    Having spent almost the two whole cycle with the league (minus your interent problems) how excited are you for NCAA 14, and who do you see being your biggest challenge throughout the cycle?
    I cannot wait to hop into this game. Having been with Experience this long has really been the best thing for me. NCAA is a way of life and finding a solid group of guys who share the same ideals and sim style of play is such a big deal breaker for me. I was so excited for the NCAA ‘14 drop, when i went to pick it up at GameStop and they had no Midnight Release, I drove to a Walmart just to pick it up and return it the next day. But as for my biggest challenge, anyone new to the league is a threat as I feel the need to have some familiarity with my opponent, but I will go with Jello. He’s an amazing rival and makes this league that much better to have someone to circle the date on my calendar for.
    Your offense is fairly decent, who do you see being your standout early on?
    First off, offensive. Fairly? Haha. But on a serious note, my offense is very odd at times. I can go from an Option Style scheme to an Air Raid scheme. My knowledge of College Football really helps me here in NCAA. As for my Standout, Venric Mark is gonna bit the linchpin to my offense. How he goes will be the way my team goes. I won’t give out my offense yet but i have a few tricks up my sleeves to get the ball rolling to a “fairly decent” level.
    What made you choose Northwestern, although they do have some cool helmets, and what is the primary goal of your career here?
    Well i’ve made it evidently clear that uniforms are big for me. I can’t have some garbage to look at for 10+ seasons! And Northwestern fit the bill for me. Purple on Black is never bad so they were an easy choice. But for on the field, Mark will be huge for me at HB so he is a Senior leader who can help carry the team to the promise land, i hope. As for my primary goal, we look to be in contention for the B1G Championship every year. We may not win it, but it’s huge to be in hunt come November.
    Coming off a 10-3 year last year, how do you see the team finishing this season?
    We have some good leaders back on both sides of the ball. Our team isn’t the best out there but they sure can compete. We look to be in contention for the B1G as i said before but we’ll also need to compete on the recruiting trail. Won’t win much into the future if our inflow of young guys isn’t strong.

Interview with iBleedOrange247 - Iowa Hawkeyes
    Being the Brain Child of the ESN, what makes you excited for this opportunity to expand the exposure of the Experience?
    This has always been a thought in the back of my head. Even when I do offline dynasties, I like to do them in a sportscaster standpoint. Now with the tools at my hands and looking into the future of DVR’s in the next gen, this is basically a practice year for the ESN. Next year will be where it’s at, but we are a step ahead of our competition by taking the initiative to get our foot in the door of video casting at TSO.
    The biggest thing that gets me excited though is the depth that we can take the league by having weekly shows. I just hope that everyone pitches in and helps out when asked, that is the key to our longevity at ESN.
    Back to football talk, your choice in the Iowa Hawkeyes, what do you plan to do to bring them back to prominence in the B1G?
    WIN! That’s the key to success in college football and that’s what I plan to do! A wiseman once said, “Winning isn’t everything - but wanting to win is!” My coaching staff and I are preparing a gameplan that is designed to win and our implementation of that will decide our success here at Iowa.
    It’s been a few years of mediocrity for Iowa. Do you think the fans are on edge and ready to be relevant in Football again?
    The fans are for sure on edge. 2010 was the last season that the Hawkeyes won a bowl game, and it’s been since 2004 since the last Big Ten championship. Fans are ready and so is the team. That is my number one goal is season, is winning, as it should be with any coach. I hope the fans are hungry for championships because they’re coming!
    How do you plan on running your training camp this preseason?
    Coming into this year as a new coach, I plan on having a hectic preseason. Iowa’s struggles come from former coach, Kirk Ferentz, was just plain horrible at play calling. This team averaged around 2.2 yards per play last year, and frankly that just wasn’t cutting it. I don’t have all the details on my plans for my playbook for this year, but I like to run a slow paced ground attack that can really change on a dime to a fast paced passing attack. Not sure if I’ll have these guys ready for a no-huddle team just yet, but if our team can have success in the preseason running it, you better believe it’s coming.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

"Playclock, no one may drain the clock over 3 minutes in the 4th quarter."

Masler what does this mean?

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm confused.

What's your favorite team?

It's tough to tell....

• Like Like x 2
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

You're such an idiot at times jello. It's clearly Florida!

6. HoundsOfHowl

Blank

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You guys aare damn sexy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Shoot girl. Haha

9. HoundsOfHowl

The Experience

First video of the season. We present to you the 2013 ESN Preseason video blog.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

It means you can't set Tempo to Conservative until there are 3 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Holy shit, 1 hour and 21 min?!

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

We MAY have gotten carried away. Maybe

13. jello1717

Does anyone even read the almanac?!?

Edge only won 1 title last release.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Where did you talk about MSU?

15. jello1717

Also, I know nothing about the new Michigan coach, but I think Michigan will win their division this year.

16. HoundsOfHowl

Eh the first part is about you, you should watch like first 10-20 then watch the last 10-20

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Early on. Probably the first 25-30 minutes or even a bit sooner. First team we discussed. Then we talked about everyone in the discussion about conference outlook and the All-E team

18. HoundsOfHowl

I forgot about that thing oops

19. HoundsOfHowl

Also if you wish, google handouts allows up to 5 hours of recording I believe...

20. jello1717

I have something with Illinois that I haven't had in an OD yet and that's a FR QB (who can even RS year 1) that can be my QB of the future so I won't need to sign "my" QB year 1 like I've always had to do in the past.

In fact, I return 4 serviceable QBs so I'm not even recruiting 1 year 1. I've never done that before.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Schielhouse is stupid good.

22. jello1717

I'm more excited to see what Bailey will look like as a 4 year starter.

23. jello1717

I know that I'm a Michigan fan, but how in the hell have you not heard of Taylor Lewan UofCWildcat? He was arguably the best OT in the country last year and is expected to be this year as well.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just don't follow most teams outside the PAC-12 I guess.

25. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What a rebuild :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1