Explanation of 2K's Online League Feature

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Explanation of 2K's Online League Feature

Guys,

Here is an explanation of how the Online League feature works in this game. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Each league runs off it's own website that 2K Sports has set up: http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=335666 for example

For the setup, you choose how many teams will be in the league. The example above is a 14 team, 20 game league. Once everyone joins, the game breaks the league into two divisions based on GEOGRAPHY. The DH will still exist for real-life AL teams, but the line of AL/NL otherwise doesn't exist.

Now once we're all set up and put into divisions, 2K generates a schedule. We'll have it set up for flex scheduling, meaning you can play ANY GAME on your schedule at ANY TIME. Want to knock out 5 games in a night? Go ahead! This is an online league and not an online dynasty, so every game is a user game. There will be more on rules, settings, sliders, and all that jazz later on, but for now, this is the basics.

As you will no doubt see on the example website, uploading pictures and videos and having comprehensive stats at your fingertips on the web is a huge perk. Everything is very accessible!

We'll use these forums instead of the forums on the website, but we can use the website for highlights, articles whatever.

So, like I said, any questions please ask away!

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Sounds sweet, If you need help with anything let me know basis.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Since it's a league I'm guessing after the first year your players stay the same, no progression/regression?

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

So if you can play anyone any time, how will the Pitcher rotation work?

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

sounds good to me

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

After a season, we will have to re-group and start a new season. Nothing carries over.

Depending on how many games the season ends up, we'll determine how many starts each pitcher is allowed to have. This is easy to check at the end of the season. It won't have to be in any order, but there will be a number that each pitcher will pitch, and this will be assigned before the season.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

everything sounds good

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also guys, I think we can pretty much set up the divisions however we want to.