Extension question

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cheez, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Is it possible to frontload contracts? It seems like all contracts have an escalating pay scale, and if everyone were signed to these types of contracts it could send a franchise into salary cap hell in the future...

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nope, you can't change the salary structure.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Speaking of extensions, the CPU really fucked me with LG Andy Levitre. Total bullshit they started doing contracts for me, pissed him off, so now he will become a Free Agent even though I have assloads of cash to resign guys. As if my team wasn't bad enough already, the CPU has to go creating another hole for me to fill those motherfucking bitches.

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Will be signing Andy Levitre :)

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I don't really understand the contracts either. They shouldn't decline the base package they ask for. Should at least give you the option to keep negotiating. Happened to two of my players.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its fucking stupid because I can't tag them now either. Bitch I don't care if you don't want to negotiate, thats what that tag is for. Ugh.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Could that be because they don't want to stay with your team? That would then make the coach package for FA at different positions more meaningful.

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'd be fine with that. But it should give you some kind of indication of why they declined. Like saying, "It doesn't matter what you pay me I'm not going to play for this POS team."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Doesn't it say at the top of the negotiation screen how interested the player is in signing with the team? I thought I saw that when signing Urlacher.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Also, the "base" that comes up isn't necessarily what they want. For example, when negotiating with my kicker, the base package was 2.5M + 500K and he wanted 3.5M.