Extra Content Idea: Scouting Reports

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I wanted to run this by everyone in the league because this will only work if everyone participates.

What I would like to do is create a thread which includes info on the types of offenses/defenses everyone in the league runs. This will bring an advanced scouting option which you could use when playing home and homes and bowl games. Since most of us (I'm assuming) use custom playbooks we cant just say I run "USC's offense", a little more detail is needed.

Example:

Wisconsin Badgers -

Offense:
    Pro Style rushing attack concentrated on Power Running inside the tackles. Passing game concentrated on the use of play action to push the ball down field.

Defense:
    3-3-5 base, concentrated on the use of speed at the LB position to attack intermediate routes and big run stopping defensive lineman to force offenses into double teams to suck up offensive linemen.

Of course this isn't close to what I run, I'll save that for the actual thread.

What I would like to add as well is a synopsis of user opponents after the game is played, which would be included underneath the players playbook info.

Example:

Ohio State's offensive line will dominate lesser defensive linemen up the middle but is vulnerable to stunts up the middle and doesn't block well on outside runs.

I don't want to see the "this play worked every time" garbage, just a general synopsis of the player. It gives upcoming users a look at what they are coming up against and it'll give you a look at things you may need to improve or what other users will be looking for when you play future games.

Let me know if this is something we should add and keep up with.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Think this is a very intriguing idea Glen Cieske maybe something to try this year and go full-force with for NCAA '14. Would you mind doing a report for one team so everyone else has an idea of the format?