Extremely, extremly disappointing stats glitch that I just noticed.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 19, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Extremely, extremly disappointing stats glitch that I just noticed.

Here's the highlight:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEUC610c_dY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEUC610c_dY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty cool huh? A simple speed option where Denard Robinson pitches to Carlos Brown for a TD. So that's about a 30 yard TD run for Brown right?

Well, here's the description from the EASportsworld clip (which is the same stat that I got in the game):
    0: D. Robinson incomplete pass; intended for C. Brown

So, instead of getting a 30 yd TD run, I got an incomplete pass. This is the first time I've noticed it so I don't know how prevalent that is. Considering how many of us use the option, this could be a real bummer.

2. jello1717

Now that I'm paying attention, I just saw it happen again. I ran an option and pitched it to my wideout for a marginal gain. Stat is an incomplete pass.

3. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Had the exact thing happen to me yesterday.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Are you sure it's a stats issue, or just the replay tag?

5. jello1717

It's the stats. I see it in game and then I just posted the highlight as proof. On both times it happened to me, it was the 1st carry of the rusher and I looked at their stats and they had no carries.

The only reason I noticed it was because on the 1st one, I got an INT and returned it to their 30 yard line. I then ran that play and got the touchdown. I normally don't pay attention to the drive summary, but I noticed it said 1 play and the scoring play was that incomplete pass. That's when I checked the stats and saw it was true.

6. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Yeah it's stats; wasn't counted as a run or pass.

7. jello1717

Wow. This is going to be really, really frustrating for me. Now that I know about it, I'm seeing it a lot. I just had it happen to me again. The one common factor that I've noticed is that on all 3 of them, my QB was hit as he was pitching the ball. I love the option and I like to spread my carries around, but I'm going to be cheated out of so many rushing yards because of this.

Here's another one:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJi1aVjnKWM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJi1aVjnKWM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

In this one my QB goes into a funky twirl animation as he's hit (just like the receiver when he's tackled) and I'm not sure if that's why it's counting as an incomplete pass or not.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

EA Strikes again! (n)

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If it happens a lot, then it's likely that EA knows about it. Have we seen it in any forums? Could this be covered in the patch?

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Not in the first patch. Maybe the second.

11. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

My qb wasn't hit, but the pitch was borderline forward pass/backwards lateral (which looks like the same case on both your videos)

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is obviously disappointing, but just as long as they give 6 I can deal with it.