(F11) Gameplay Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Recently there has been some issues/confusion with proper sim gameplay here in the TFL SERIE. As a general rule, if it doesn't happen in a real soccer match, it shouldn't happen here. Below I've outlined some of the FIFA11 issues that have popped up recently:

100% aggression defensive pressure:
    - This is the biggest problem in FIFA11 that we have zero tolerance for here at TSO. If you go online for a ranked match, chances are you will experience this type of pressure. Two defenders (by use of the X/O combination) chase you down for the entire game, regardless of where you are on the field or time of game. There is a very fine line between proper high-pressure defense and 100% aggression defense, so make sure you understand what NOT to do, and you will be fine.

Goalie Punt/Goal Kick defending
    There are 3 types of situations regarding this topic:
    1) When the goalie has made a save and is running up to punt the ball away, please do not take your defender and try to block the kick by standing in front of the keeper. This is an easy way to score a goal, but it's very un-sim. If the goalie decides to drop the ball and start dribbling, apply pressure at will, but until then, let the goalie make his kick.
    2) On goal kicks, the same rule applies. Trying to intercept a goalie pass from a goal kick is frowned upon; the sportsman thing to do is to let the goalie pass the ball. I know we've all benefited from this situation before, but let's make an effort to let the goalie pass the ball on goal kicks. Which leads me to #3...
    3) When the ball is passed back to the keeper, in such a way that he cannot pick the ball up, feel free to pressure the ball at will.

Set Piece defensive positioning
    - When your opponent is lining up a free kick on goal, do not drag your defender into the net in an attempt to block the shot.

If you have any questions or concerns about the above, please voice them here. Otherwise, please reply to the thread that you have read, understood, and agreed upon these provisions.

2. RedAL925

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Signed off. I would also like to add that if anyone has a problem with my gameplay please do not hesitate to let me know.

4. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this as utter bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

Signed off.

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

Here is my take on the goal kick situation:
    Unless it's the end of the game and I'm desperately losing, I usually have one forward up top to respond to a goal kick. I never try to place my player right in front of that closest guy the goalie can pass, but I also do not really wish my opponent to start the game with that pass either. I usually park my guy somewhere in a distance where I won't be blindly pressuring and losing positional advantage with a simple pass after the first defender gets the ball from the goalie. When does our action start to defend with our forwards? Do I count 1000,2000,3000 after the goalie passes. I don't think that works. I think what is not realistic is those guys who make their forwards run like headless chicken from one defender to the other trying to win the lottery. That doesn't happen in a real game. But at the same time I should be able to park my forward at any location and send my intentions as in "this is what I'm covering, so make your first pass accordingly". Play it to the other defender.

Question about the punting:
    I believe it is ok to try to get in the passing lane if the goalie is trying to hand throw the ball to a nearby defender. That is different than trying to block a punt or hand pass right on the face of the goalie by good timing (which I had managed to get once in Career mode and was surprised that it even let me have that ball that time).

And last thing, I have to say this one
    You are the utter bs yourself sir, you know it :D
    (go back to your xbox threads :p )

7. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Signed

8. RedAL925

I have no issues with any of this. Use your best judgement on this...you don't have to back off completely, but you also don't have to let your opponent bring it up to midfield either.

9. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

good post Al.

signed

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

signed off

11. hedache

hedache Walk On

Let's ask Krebstar425 if he says I'm ok then I don't even have to use any judgement :D Question is, do I pass his utter shit requirements?

12. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

The problem with this is that 9 times out of 10 if the goal kick is intercepted it's because of an accidental button press or the CPU passes to the person you aren't looking at. People shouldn't have to pay because the game screwed you.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

agreed.

Follow the golden rule guys, play as you would like to be played.... straight and sim.

I play my games like that, if you show up with some lobby cheese, im gonna bring lobby cheese + something else that may upset you;). If i see ur not pressuring at all with x and o, i wont use it ether. I will even the playing field enough to make it fun.

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I agree with you completely but have gotten to the point where trying to be sneaky in fifa11 will cost you so why not just boot it EVERY time?

Set up your formations so u have wingers who will be open at the sideline 40 yards down field? Personally i rarely will kick it to the last line from keeper becuase the LM or RM wil get the lob 75% of the game without being challanged and if someone happens to try to intercept. the flick of the head pops it right up to the forward 20 yards up on the sideline. Maybe just me and my formations.

What really suxs is being stuck between getting your goalkick intercepted by the strikers and your opponents 6 foot tall mids heading it back to the strikers every kick. hahah

15. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Done.

I was actually about to ask something as I probably have allowed at least 5 goals for the dozen games I have played this way.Some of it it was just my goalie giving the ball away with bad trows/passes which was completely my fault,but I also had cases when it felt players are hiding their attackers behind my defenders.

I also guarentee that not using high pressure in the middle of the field will create more fun of a game.My opponents constanlty burst into laugh as the watch me overunning them by 5 yards trying to take the ball away :D

Here is my view on the thing. Most of the times it is also combined with the high pressure overuse too.

While it is true that IRL an attacker will keep an eye on the defender to take away the short pass,there is a huge difference when translated into the game.In the game (for most part) defenders are painfully slow in changing directions and first touch control,so it takes them forever to turn around after a goal kick pass.Everyone knows that if timed correctly an attacker can tackle defender most of the time.

So in general if my defender starts looking down the field and you tackle me I won't have a problem with it.But when I have people timing and launching their guys at me to get there the moment the ball arrive, or the even worse hiding their smaller attacker a foot behind my defender,and my defender is on the ground the moment he touches the ball,without having a chance to do anything,I'll take it as taking an advantage of bad game design.

****Please note although I'm quoting Headache post ,I have never played against him,so the examples above are in general and not directed towards him****

16. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

I don`t really care how people play the game, it is their style. I don`t do it ( I don`t even know how to do it) Matter effect, I was told that I was the master of X and Os , but I didn`t really know what the guy was talking about. If I could do it, noone could score 4-5-6 goals against me :). I find this rule as funny , because you can`t really measure how defensive , or how offensive the gamer is playing the game. At the same time , I have respect for the rules, so if you say no, it is a " NO" . So, I hereby sign off for these rules.

Whem it comes to standing in front of goalie, I agree that players should not be parked in front of him,and let the goalie pass the ball. Those goals are cheezy goals. I admit that I do it sometimes, but I only do it if it is done against me also.

17. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

I've never had an issue with what you do. Leaving your forward in one spot, as to block a passing lane is fine and completely different than moving a forward into the path of the pass, as it's basically exploiting something in the game. If anything, I wish you could tell your defenders to move forward, thus making the forward move with them.

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i'm fine signing off on all of this. agreed on all points.

what i would like to bring up though when it comes to passing goal kicks and free kicks in the defensive side to your closest player. the difference between FIFA and real life, in real life, if you start running up to the ball to make a pass and a defender jumps in front of your passing lane, you stop and play the ball somewhere else. in FIFA when you start running up to pass a goal kick and a defender jumps in the way, you're resigned to your fate, theres no changing your goalie's mind, you just have to watch your goalie act like a dumbass because he can't change his mind between the time he picks his pass and the time he actually plays it, even if the defender runs to stand right inbetween it.

this is the aspect where I have an issue, I have no problem if you take one defender and mark your territory around a player. I simply won't play it there, but if I try to play it to another player and as my goalie is running up to kick it, you all of a sudden change the territory you're guarding, i'm screwed. a real life goalie would stop and not kick it there, a FIFA goalie will just give it away. I don't think I've faced this against anyone in the league, but a majority of the other games I play online I deal with it, for respect to fair play, if you want to mark a territory or a closest defender on a goal kick thats fine, but keep that territory until the ball is played.

19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Sounds bueno

RedAL925 you should add this to the league rules thread for later reference

20. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I'm with you on goal kicks. I sign off on this rule and have always thought this was the rule.

21. snake3249

snake3249 Walk On

signed off

22. Signed off

23. Roger

Roger Walk On

Signed off

24. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

Signed off

25. Nickaepi

Nickaepi Walk On