(F11) League Discussion

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by Randiesel75, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

FIFA 11 online league (360)

[​IMG]

Tradition Futbol League

TF members interested in an Xbox 360, non-draft style, online league, please use this thread to check-in. All TF member check-ins will be captured on a first-come, first-serve basis which will then be used to determine team selection. Next, as a requirement, you'll need to schedule some friendly matches with other TFL team owners. This requirement shows the other team owners that you are a willing and able participant and should therefore be extended an invitation into the TFL

TFL Team Owners
    # TFL team owner GamerTag timezone team selection team logo
    1 Randiesel75 Randiesel75 EST Villarreal [​IMG]
    2 The Richuation The Richuation EST Lazio [​IMG]
    3 AJH AJ Hart MN CST Marseille [​IMG]
    4 Pagamer07 blacksunshine41 EST VfL Wolfsburg [​IMG]
    5 Blaza blaza rep EST Everton [​IMG]
    6 KoG CHEESEDIP KoG CHEESEDIP EST Werder Bremen [​IMG]
    7 1ke Kid Robotz CST Udinese [​IMG]
    8 RynoAid RynoAid CST Schalke 04 [​IMG]
    9 Muttcope Muttcope CST Rubin Kazan [​IMG]
    10 NQR Del NQR Del UK Birmingham City [​IMG]
    11 Niuhuskie224 niuhuskie224 CST West Ham United [​IMG]
    12 Basis4aDay56 Basis4aDay56 EST Fiorentina [​IMG]
    13 russf3181 russf3181 EST VfB Stuttgart [​IMG]
    14 thedeafpoliceman Bl0ndeRedhead MST Hercules [​IMG]

TFL Settings
    TFL league setting selection
    Max Players 14
    Matches 2
    Playoff Games Yes
    Game Type Unranked
    Half Length 10 minutes
    Controls Semi-Assisted
    Game Speed Normal

* IMPORTANT
    During the regualr season = All matches that end as a draw after final time will remain as a draw. Once we reach the playoffs this will change to extra time with penalites.

TFL Fixtures
    The full fixtures for the TFL division will be released closer to opening day once all team owners have been officially announced. Each team owner will be required to complete 2 matches per week, scheduled on Tuesday and Friday. This does not mean matches are only played on those days, these hard dates should be seen more as advancement days. In other words, at midnight on Friday, you should have completed your scheduled Friday match and can then start planning toward your next scheduled match on Tuesday.

TFL Table
    The TFL division table will be updated immediately following each match day and then posted into the TFL forums. The results of each match will be recorded by the losing team, posted into the TFL forums and then subsequently uploaded to League Republic by the league administrator. To make this as simple as possible, I will provide a small template table to be used to input specific match data that can then be posted into the TFL forums, post match.

TFL Offenses (cards)
    All bookings will be recorded (template table) to ensure match offenses are handled appropriately. As a player reaches his card limit, he will serve a one-match suspension for the next game.
    • 3 yellow cards = 1 match suspension
    • 1 red card = 1 match suspension

Thanks,
    Randiesel75

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Count me in bro

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Who's gonna be running this? I'm just a bit worried that the league won't last. I'm always interested in a fifa league as it's my favorite game. I've been in some well run fifa leagues from a website that's based in the UK and it's fantastic. We had 2 fixtures a week, transfer windows, etc.. We would just play unranked games and post the results on the site. Every team would have a budget and about once a month the transfer window would open. It would take a very dedicated commish to pull this off but I can tell you, it was so much fun. I would love to be a part of something like that here at TF but I know it will be tough to find 16-32 dedicated guys like they have there. In any event, I would love to be a part of either a fantasy league or club league. Obviously, I'd rather play with real clubs but Bly's custom draft sounds pretty fun also.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This is my favorite game, as well. So, as soon as I have more details I will let you know. In the meantime, I will add you to the list.

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

how were they doing all that? were they able to use custom rosters online or something?

6. AJ Hart MN

Yeah man, you can make player changes for teams for unranked games. So we could have custom teams.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

To be honest I would be much mote interested in an AJH type of deal with custom unranked games.

I think I would have a hard te getting into something with fake teams an players.

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

once the game drops i'll futz around with it. i wasn't aware you could play offline games in FIFA with custom rosters.

so we might be able to do a full blown league after all.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Well I really like Fifa as well, but I want a league with as little as possible needing to be done externally...

Can transfers be signed in game? Are stats and league tables tracked in game?

If not count me out. After playing NCAA and comparing it to last year's FIFA, Madden, NHL, etc I was sorely disappointed. NCAA is the best for online gameplay. If FIFA allows most of this, then count me in. I need to hear more about the online league gameplay and components.

I want to pick a team with X amount of users and play basically career mode but online with other people. Transfer windows, stats, cups, you name it.

10. AJ Hart MN

Well, all of the stuff you stated can't be done in game. It frustrates me because PES was able to have a full online league this year.

I'm a fifa guy so i'll be buying this next tuesday but I sure hope we can come up with something.

11. PAgamer07

Has that been confirmed AJ? If not then I dont understand the point of online leagues. Yeah Ive played on a great site before which tracked stats and relegation and demotion and everything. No transfers though. It just sucks that all this has to be done externally.

Madden was and is the same way. No free agency for online leagues. Really?

It's definately frustrating and as good as NCAA is, it can still be better. Save career stats, records, award winners all that stuff. This is the 21st century. There is more to online leagues than just playing the games ;)

But anyhow, yeah I loved FIFA and I want to see what is in online mode before I can confirm. Another thing that concerns me though is I remember last year's TF Futbol league, and nobody played their games and it was just a big waste of time..

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Like the rest of you, I am unsure how FIFA 11 and online leagues will work. I am simply compiling the list now for those who show an interest in a non-draft style online league.

I have taken a personal day for Tuesday's release date and will be online in the morning messing around with this. As soon as I have more details I will post more. In the meantime, please let me know if I should add the rest of you in this thread to the running list as tentatively in.

13. AJ Hart MN

I'm not positive but if they had a full online league feature, they would pimp it like PES has been. Agreed about last years Futbol league. That's why we need 16 really dedicated guys. I know I'm in the minority here but I really only play 2 games.. NCAA and fifa. I usually play these games year round, so it's very important that we find die-hard fifa guys and not as much the new release crowd. I do believe if the newcomers to the fifa series really learn the game, they will become addicted to it. Love the Demo btw..

14. PAgamer07

Pencil me in as tentative please.

15. PAgamer07

And someone needs to get a hold of Del. Im sure he would be interested.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm interested in SOME kind of legaue, so put me in please. We'll see how we can develop something as a group, it could be really fun!

17. AJ Hart MN

Haha, I actually have the whole next week off (being forced to use some personal time, accured a bit too much). We should hook up next tuesday and play the hell out of the game. Hopefully the Gamestops and Best Buy's of the world will have it on Tuesday morning.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I will be around on Tuesday also... if ya'll want to get a match in let me know. My gamertag is also my username

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Let's definitely do that. Even setting up a league for the 3 of us to test out the settings would be a great.

20. AJ Hart MN

I'm in..
    GT - AJ Hart MN

Do you guys think best buy and such would have the game next tuesday? A couple of years ago when I tried to buy on release day, they didn't have them yet, had to wait until Thursday to get it. Wondering if I should pre-order from gamestop but I would need to have next day air charges to guarantee Tuesday arrival. Just wondering what you guys do?

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I pre-order from GameStop. In NJ there are stores every few miles. I am pretty sure that GameStop guarantees delivery on Tuesday. Although you may not have this at 10am (EST).

22. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, I live in Suburbia also.. A Gamestop is about a mile away from where I live. I would just hate to get all the extra overnight charges if I didn't need too. I think i'll call Gamestop today and get their opinions on what I should do. I've really never been so excited over a release day video game. I was just so impressed with the WC game, I can't wait for this damn game to drop.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just go to the store and reserve a copy, then when they open tuesday morning your game will be sitting behind the counter waiting for you.

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

or just go to the store and pick it up. There will be a hundred copies there. Pre-ordering plays on some fear of games selling out, which I have never personally seen happen, ever.

25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

At least not with a game like FIFA in the US. Madden, that is more likely. However, I haven't seen sellouts in years.

If you need early access to the Creation Center, that is the only pre-order incentive with FIFA 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.