(F11) League Discussion

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by Cimmy24, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I want to use this as a thread to get to know everyone involved within Serie A. I will start it out.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Name: AJ Cimahosky

[​IMG]

I am currently a junior at Penn State University majoring in Energy, Business, and Finance with an option in Energy Systems, which is similar to minoring in Energy Engineering, but it just makes my degree more specific. My hometown is Beach Lake, PA which is about 45 minutes from Scranton, PA and 2 hours from NYC. I am a HUGE sports fan, but I HATE every team from Pennsylvania, except my beloved Nittany Lions! I am more in love with Penn State than my own life. I've wanted to come to this school since I was born and when I got the acceptance letter in the mail, it was one of the greatest feelings...now I just need to start applying myself to get that degree. When it comes to the non-collegiate sports, I love my NY teams. Living right on the NY border and having made many trips to NYC, I've adapted to the NY State of Mind. The NY Giants, the Yankees, the Rangers, the Knicks, and the NY Red Bulls. I'm also a fan of Chelsea FC and Bayern Munich. I played soccer during the younger years of my life and than moved on to play football and golf in high school. Now, I currently play IM Soccer at Penn State and may give Club Lacrosse a try. Apart from sports, I am an outdoors guy. I like to hunt and fish, but ever since starting college that has been tough to enjoy. I love to ride snowmobiles in the winter and I am an avid golfer. My family is the most important thing to me and wouldn't be where I am today and the person I am today if it wasn't for my entire family. I look up to my dad and grandfather as true role models and heroes, and my late Opa got me hooked on soccer as he was my coach when I was young. Him, my Oma, and my mother and aunt came over to the States from Germany when my mother was 5 years old. Him and my Oma's move to a new world and growth into the family and what he accomplished is truly inspirational. I currently have a girlfriend of 5.5 years who, no matter what, I love truly and continue to love her everyday.

3. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Name: Ian Jones

Hey guys, I wanted to give you a little background about myself. I'm a Gator through and through if you can't tell from my Avatar. I graduated from the University of Florida back in '03. I was down in Gainesville for an SEC Championship with Spurrier. A major coaching change with Zook, and an incredible Final Four run with Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, and Teddy Dupay.

I'm married with a 3 year old little girl named Shelby. We are heading to our first trip to Disney on Thursday and someone in our house can't be anymore excited. I travel pretty frequently. I work for a company that manufactures Laboratory instruments. In fact, I travel so much, I would be willing to bet I put the most amount of miles on my car this past year than anyone on the board.

I'm a big sports fan. I'm a huge supporter of all the local teams, mainly the Jacksonville Jaguars and the University of Florida. I've been to tons of games, both home and away. I've seen some really awesome players come through the Swamp and bowl games. Last second field goals, blowout wins, and away games where the home team rushed the field. I've pretty much seen it all.

I look forward to playing in the Serie "A" league with everyone. This has turned out to be a pretty good bunch of guys so far. Please don't hesitate to message me on PSN. Sometimes it will say I'm on, but it very could be someone at our house watching "Tinkerbell" on the PS3.

IJGator
    "Go Gators"

4. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Name: Vin

Hey guys. I was born and raised in Queens, New York. I have lived in Jersey for almost 10 years now. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 18 years. When we met I was about 35 pounds lighter and had a full head of hair. We have three wonderful boys. I have an engineering degree and work in the aviation industry. I am also fortunate to work on two football shows. I have been a gamer since before the Atari 2600, 30+ years. In addition to gaming (only sports gaming btw) I am an avid sports fan. Unfortunately I am a Mets fan and even worse so are my kids. Almost as bad as being a Mets fan I am also a Cowboys fan (I’ll root for the Jets also). As for soccer I am a Juve fan (I also root for the Red Bulls) as that was the team my dad rooted for when I was growing up. Even though I am getting old I still love playing softball. I love watching sports and movies in HD. And if I have time I enjoy reading books. I love traveling for leisure. I also coach my sons’ baseball and football teams. Oh yeah and I love to eat. I live to eat not eat to live! I am new to TSO and looking forward to our Fifa league and being part of this great community.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm in Cranford, NJ. We are practically neighbors.

6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Name: Karim

First of all, yes you read right, I'm currently in the land of sand and camels. I moved over here two years ago to reunite with my family after spending the past 6 years in Calgary, Alberta finishing up my undergrad degree/trying to find a job. Anyways, I LIVE for sports to be honest. I was a goalkeeper all through high-school but after breaking my leg in freshman year of university I never really followed up on joining the school team and just played for fun. Currently I am in the process of starting my thesis as I hope to finish my graduate studies in Migration and Refugee Studies within a year or so. I also coach an under 16 soccer team here, which is basically the best part of my life here. Soccer is my #1 passion in life right now, and I am a huge Juventus fan. I also enjoy watching football (Rams) and basketball, but nothing compares to a good ol game of footie! Anyways, I'm currently trying to get a job with the Human Rights Organization located here in Egypt, but other than that I have no major plans just living day by day i guess. I am easily accessible on AIM if you guys wanna chat about anything, other than that I look forward to meeting you on the pitch as I am super pumped to get this league started!

7. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

I live in River Edge, right next to Paramus (many shopping malls), exit 161 off of the parkway :D.

8. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Name: Geoff

I'm in my last semester of college at Old Dominion University (you might see our BBall team on ESPN occasionally and our mascot won the Capital One Mascot Challenge this year - big deal, I know, but it's all we have). I grew up in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina playing hockey and soccer and I'm a fan of pretty much any sport. I am a HUGE Washington Redskins, Carolina Hurricanes, and UNC fan. I try to follow MLS and I pull for D.C. United, but I'm not really attached to the league. This summer I will begin working as a commercial real estate agent for a local brokerage firm. I'm not married but I do have a great girlfriend that I will be marrying soon enough. That's all I can think of for now - can't wait to get TFL: Serie A started.

9. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Name: Andrew

Born and raised in the great state of Connecticut. Graduated from UConn in '09 I bleed Husky Blue above all of my other sports allegiances (Red Sox, Arsenal, NE Revolution). At present I work for a rather large television station. FIFA has slowly become my favorite game over the years, to the point where now it's pretty much all I ever play. The Show might have something to say about that this year, but I'm really looking forward to getting this league going.

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

You realize we despise each other when it comes to these don't you? Lol, my uncle lives in Hartford and works for the Fed. DOT, we venture up that way every now and then.

My girlfriend lives with her dad in Verona (near Montclair) and goes to William Patterson. I'm there quite a bit....just enhances my NY State of Mind when it comes to pro sports teams. Had tickets to go see the Rangers play the Pens in MSG on the 1st of Feb, but that damn snow storm kept me stranded in State College. Can you say CARMELO AND BILLUPS?!?! That's Amare!!!!

11. Name: Bobby

I am married with children, all of which are currently under 5 years old. Born and raised in San Antonio, and Texas is the only home for me (except Houston, for all I care anything past Houston can be in Louisiana). I'm a banker by day working for a company called USAA (anyone need an auto loan?), I have been apart of the same online gaming community for the last 7 years so I'm pretty active. I also play soccer through a league at work so my Wednesday nights are always busy. Ironically I love soccer but I don't have a specific favorite team. I guess if I had to pick its the US National team? oh well. Sports teams I follow are as follows: Dallas Cowboys, San Antonio Spurs, University of Texas and Notre Dame. My little brother is actually graduating from ND this May so that is why I follow them. If you see one college game in your life then you have to see a game at Notre Dame stadium. I've been lucky to see them play USC (Mark Sanchez, Clay Matthews) and Michigan (Yea i was there when Denard Robinson went buck wild) in person.

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

Name: Burak

I'm also married, no plans to have children though. We're a selfish family and don't want to end our social life with a baby. Especially the sports part. My wife and I both play soccer and ice hockey. I play in various soccer leagues in 4 nights of the week, and 1 night of ice hockey, and would never turn back scrimmage when I'm invited in other nights. Trying to play it as long as my body allows me. So I don't usually get online before it's too late since I'm most likely at a game most of the time. On top of that I have full season tickets to Florida Panther (yes unfortunately, but at least the team keeps the tickets affordable by sucking big time). At this point, I'd like to point out @grundlebug that I hate the Carolina Hurricanes most. But my real passion is Galatasaray from Turkey. Galatasaray comes first before anything. They just built up a huge new arena, and I'm proud to say that I was one of the 36 select die hard fans to play the last game ever last month in the old stadium before they're tearing it down for good. We were the last ones to play soccer on that pitch. (I brought back a piece of the pitch with me and keeping it in the backyard) :D

I've been into gaming since I was little. I had a Sinclair computer when I was a kid (no Ataris). Then it was mostly PC gaming. My first gaming console was a PS1 in 1999. Yep gaming consoles weren't popular in my time in Turkey. I've been playing FIFA since 96 or something I believe. I've been a PES fan at some point for a while but FIFA 09 won me back with improved physics.

I am a DBA at a telecom company. I don't really like my job, the office sucks, not very happy with coworkers either, and I have to drive about an hour to get back home in bad traffic. The commute is 30 miles one way. So yea, that's pretty much me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Im sorry @hedache...that you're a Florida Panthers fan! I'm pysched we got Stillman back from y'all. Hopefully we can make the playoffs this year.

14. Obmij76

Obmij76 Walk On

Name: Jim

Im married with a 2 year old girl and currently work in the Probation Department supervising the accused while they have criminal cases pending. I spend the vast majority of my days at work or at the house taking care of domestic "stuff." My gaming usually doesnt free up until the night time, even on weekends. Because of the various things that I have going on, when Im in a league I like to schedule my games ahead of time. It's very hard for me to simply play on a whim. I spend my free time playing video games on the PS3 and 360. I have been running a sim Madden league that has been around since 2005 and that's something that also takes up a lot of my time. Softball is a big summer enjoyment for me and I typically play at least 2 nights a week. I only recently became a fan of soccer and as each day goes by, I learn more about the game and enjoy watching it even more.

My favorite sport is football and Im an Eagles fan. In baseball Ive always liked the Yankees - as a kid I grew up idolizing Rickey Henderson. Im a big Celtics fan for basketball and in hockey Im a Bruins fan. For college I root for Syracuse just because of my locale but Im a HUGE Michigan fan in all college sports. For soccer I really enjoy watching most of the EPL but really like to catch Barcelona games. Messi is great to watch and epitomizes how I think the game should be played.

15. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

Name: Juan
    I'm also married with no kids yet...i was born in Colombia but moved here with the fam when i was 8 and grew up in stamford, ct (next town over from i live now)...i've played soccer ever since i remember..i can say that soccer is a huge part of my life and i'm still a huge fan - i'll watch any game on TV and consider myself very knowledgeable in the sport...I played college soccer and still play in adult league's around here whenever i have time. Got the usual 9-5 office job and also work for a soccer academy in stamford where we train all the youth travel teams so it's my small part-time job and I love it - would like to turn coaching/training into my full time job one day but just working on getting as much experience as possible..i was a huge PES fan starting with the winning eleven days (anybody remembers it?) in college and hated fifa until i gave it a shot this year and would probably not go back to PES again...for me the best league is the EPL and watch at least 2-3 games every weekend...well, other than soccer - there's really nothing else good about myself..lol..jk...football is my second favorite sport and follow it closely - i'm actually in a online madden league which i really enjoy...love traveling and usually go back to the homeland once a year.
    can't wait to get this league going!

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

How many matches do you all want to play per week? 2 or 3?

17. RedAL925

I vote 2. If down the road we add champs league / any sort of tournament we can squeeze them into the matchweek and play 3 a week

18. Obmij76

Obmij76 Walk On

I voted for 2

19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I like 3, mainly because we're all active and 3 per week would get us finished in about 7 weeks, and 2 per week takes 11 weeks, another whole month. but it looks like i'm outvoted [​IMG]

20. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

My thoughts exactly with having 3 games a week, especially for the first season since we don't have any type of champions league/cup games to worry about. Would save us an entire month to 'refresh' and play a whole other season by the beginning of May.

21. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

The only reason why I voted for 2 was because the Show is out next week and I am in a league. The Show games usually last about 90 minutes. However Fifa games do not last too long, even with 10 minute halves, so if and when we play 3 games per week I should be able to get them in.

22. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Just thought I would start this thread since Gator already asked about the video highlight incase others were curious about how to get your highlights/goals on here as part of your recap...I found this on one of the other fifa league threads and its real easy to do..here are the steps once you upload your desired highlight to easports.com:

Videos to youtube...

goto easports.com
    Login
    click on your profile
    click on media
    click on the highlight you want
    click download below the highlight
    the highlight will download to your computer
    goto youtube
    click upload
    click video
    video will upload
    open video in youtube
    copy and paste the address bar
    goto tradition sports online
    embed video​

23. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

thanks for the instructions, i'll have to try it out soon

24. RedAL925

what do i do if i can't see the download button? pretty sure it was discussed somewhere but I can't find it

25. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Yea shiftee brought that up and I believe it was because he was going to ea.com instead of easports.com

is that the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.