(F11) Season 3 - Match Results

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by The Richuation, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Posting Match Results
    It is the responsibility of the winning club owner to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match. In the event of a draw, the responsibility then falls onto the home club.

The TFL Table and Results will be updated at the close of each fixture week once the new fixture is ready to be published. As the league is run manually, this information is crucial to ensure the integrity of the TFL and make things easier for data import into League Republic. Therefore, the below provided format must be duplicated for each posted match result.

Example:

===================
    Week-3 (matchday 6)

Villarreal (2) v Everton (1)

Villarreal
    Goals:
    Nilmar (39)
    Rossi (90)

Cards:
    Marchena (73)

Everton
    Goals:
    Cahill (77)

Cards:
    Heitinga (51)
    Coleman (70)
    ====================

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Week 1 Matchday 2

Manchester City (1) Everton (0)

Man City

Goals:

:goal:Džeko (17')

Bookings:

None

Everton

Goals & Bookings:

None

Great game @Darlon

Opportunities were scarce as it was a tackle heavy well defended match. Dzeko cashed in on a beautiful run that saw a solid left footed strike from just about 15 yards out. Very hard fought battle that i look forward to doing again with Darlon. His promotion will definitely shake up the top of the table for this season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

F Man City!! I already hate them :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Week 1 (Matchday 1)

FC Porto (5) vs Zenit (1)

FC Porto

Goals:
    :goal:Varela (9, 14, 25)
    :goal:Hulk (34)
    :goal:Falcao (82)

Bookings:
    None

Zenit

Goals:
    :goal:Semak (47)

Bookings:
    None

Good game @Dylema . Probably not as lopsided as the scoreline indicates. While I thought Porto was the much better side for the first half, a 4-0 lead probably wasn't completely deserved. Just some sublime finishing by Varela (in getting his hat trick in just 25 min) put Porto way out in front and it was too much for Zenit. In the second half Porto experimented with some 5 back formations and tried playing ultra defensive for the entirety of the half. It had some mixed results. While Porto got a late goal from Falcao, they had trouble dealing with the all out press from Zenit who scored once and easily could have scored another one or 2. It just solidifies that Porto will be playing the 4-3-3 even when forced to defend small leads against the Juve's and Arsenal's of the world because the 5 back sets just weren't as effective as they hoped. In the end, a big win over a very good opponent was a very good (if unexpected) way to open the season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AJ Hart MN

@ryalaman

Nice result man.. Good way to start the season. I also hate the ultra defensive strategy, it seems to mess me up quite a bit. It's probably a good idea to never really use it.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, I rarely use it. I just thought I'd try it out to see if I could go into bunker mode after getting out ahead 1-0 against you or Blaza or something... but it looks like I'm just gonna have to be a man and play a full 90 normal minutes.

7. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

@ryalaman
    There are no words to describe how deflating that second goal was. I had 3 or 4 tackles and couldn't win the ball it just kept bouncing your way and then a good finish on top of that. I saw the 5 in the back and kind of threw all caution out at that point, I figured I'd have enough back if you countered.

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Zenit 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Zenit - Goals
    Danny 32'

Villa - Goals
    Agbonlahor 76'

@The Richuation, Great game tight the whole way through, my goal was a bit lucky just trying to put your back line under pressure. But, a good equalizer and that game was about as even as you can get so probably the fairest result for both of us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Week 1 (Matchday 2)

Zenit 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Zenit:
    :goal:Danny (32)

Aston Villa:
    :goal:Agbonlahor (78)

Good game man. 50/50 Possession. I would say pretty even matched.

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Week 1 (Matchday 1)

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Arsenal

Aston Villa:
    No events

Arsenal:

Goals
    :goal:Robin van Persie (74)
    :goal:Theo Walcott (81)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Good game man.... Even though the results were the same, I felt like that was my best game against you so far. I just couldn't find any room offensively. A couple of counters had some promise, but not enough. You were patient and got your goal. The second was just me at full aggression going crazy and leaving huge holes.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah man that was a fun game. You were hitting your passes and not panicking in the back which will always keep you in the game.

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Week 1 (Matchday 2)

FC Porto (2) vs Juve (0)

FC Porto
    Goals:
    :goal:Falcao (12)
    :goal:Rolando (70)

Bookings:
    None

Juve
    Goals:
    None

Bookings:
    None

GG @AJ Hart MN . You were probably the better side, but a few breaks sent the 3 points my way. Early on Falcao went 1 on 1 against a CB for Juve and actually lost the battle... but then he tackled the ball right back and put it away on his first touch to give Porto a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute. After another brief little spurt from Porto (maybe until the 19th or 20th minute) where they created a lot of chances, Juve took control of the game again and had Porto stuck defending in their half for almost the rest of the game. The only real exception was on a Buffon save of a shot from Hulk that set up a corner for Porto. Porto was already sitting in defensive mode so only Falcao and Rolando were in the box to receive the corner. But an incredible cross from Belluschi was met with an superb diving header from Rolando for a 2-0 Porto lead. From there Porto would just play kickball and absorb as much pressure as possible and were able to preserve the 2-0 win despite being outshot 20-11 and losing the possession battle 56-44. In any case, Porto will presumably sit atop the PL standings after the week is over after finishing it with a perfect 6 points and a +6 goal differential.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AJ Hart MN

gg ryal.. My finishing was awful. We missed two lone breaks on goal and for the first time that I can ever remember, I missed a PK.. It was a questionable call so I wasn't too pissed. I just really f'd it up. I got caught holding the shoot button too long when trying to go to the corner. We thought at some point we would break through but it just wasn't meant to be. We'll have to regroup and hopefully get 3 points against Everton.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Whoa... First loss ever?

16. AJ Hart MN

:(

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Don't feel too bad for him. He has been hogging all the hardware afterall.

18. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

2 Everton - Juventus 0

:goal:Saha 21'
    :goal:Cahill 77'

• Like Like x 1
  19. AJ Hart MN

It's pretty much official, we won't be in the Champions League again this season after a disastrous day. Much like the first game against Porto, Juve was able to put a ton of shots on goal but either the woodwork or poor finishing did them in. Darlon capitalized on his chances and I didn't. It's time to regroup and hopefully we can figure something out as next week is a must 6 points. Anything less will leave us in the Europa League this season. We were still sipping champagne and now all of the sudden, we may be at the bottom of the table after one week. We'll see what size balls we have as we are already in a big hole. Thankfully, it's a long season and we still expect to make some noise..

GG Darlon.

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Wow. Sorry AJ, but wow. This year in the PL is no joke.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well AJ it doesn't get much easier because you've got me and @Dylema next week....

22. hedache

hedache Walk On

Guess who loves to use that :D

AJ's plan is obvious, he wants to go to Europa League and win that with no competition. Guaranteed title in his pocket. Easy way to make the fans happy, since he knows Premier title may not be as easy anymore.

23. AJ Hart MN

All you haters.. :) This isn't the end of Juve by no stretch of the imagination.. We just had some bad luck yesterday, hopefully we can work ourselves back into the CL but it's going to be tough. A swift beating of Man City is all the fans want after the new manager of that club has been making some crude comments toward our club. We hear and see everything ;)

24. AJ Hart MN

:eek:

25. AJ Hart MN

A trophy is a trophy my man.. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.